AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you believe that rape culture is real?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they show up in the news less often. People care less about missing minorities.

Being from New York, Amber alerts are no joke and don't discriminate. Every phone in three states rings an alert with info. It's an incredible system.

I'm happy they are now doing similar alerts for the elderly.

But there are thousands of white children that go missing and don't show up in the news. I don't think that is the case. In my area they report on all missing children. I think it's a lot of variables. Like who are the perpetrators and why did they target that child?
They report, but you will see white children getting more air time. There are lots of reasons, I'm sure, but you asked my opinion, and that's my opinion.
I live in a big city. Kids get shot here. Adults as well. You don't hear about those, though, longer than a 2-minute segment every once in a while. You hear about missing white girls, white guys being shot in the bar district, and sports on the news. They don't care about the east side of town.
EDIT: @smuser, I am talking about news time. Not milk cartons and amber alerts.

Being from New York, Amber alerts are no joke and don't discriminate. Every phone in three states rings an alert with info. It's an incredible system.

I'm happy they are now doing similar alerts for the elderly.
Same in Florida. We haven't gotten silver alerts on our phones though.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Yeah, I was facepalming for the feminist brownie points bullshit.

My rape doesn't effect me. I trust dudes. I don't care. I don't have trouble sleeping at night. But I'm not going to be condescending to women who were affected negatively by theirs.
My post on here wasn't patronizing to other peoples experiences.
I'll drop it because I believe my point has been made as clearly as any can be. But if we're holding her to different standards than the rest of the forum, she's right to feel attacked.

They report, but you will see white children getting more air time. There are lots of reasons, I'm sure, but you asked my opinion, and that's my opinion.
I live in a big city. Kids get shot here. Adults as well. You don't hear about those, though, longer than a 2-minute segment every once in a while. You hear about missing white girls, white guys being shot in the bar district, and sports on the news. They don't care about the east side of town.

I have lived in many big cities, and in many areas. I can tell you this is not the case. I was getting a pedicure today and the news was reporting two missing black girls. They didn't bring it up once.

I have lived in many big cities, and in many areas. I can tell you this is not the case.
Then I'm happy that isn't the case for you in those cities. I live in Kansas City. I'm very open about this on twitter and every other platform I work on, so don't care about posting it here. That isn't the case here.
I grew up in a military family. I have lived from Washington to North Carolina all over the US. Racism is real. Minorities are far more likely to be victims of stranger danger kidnappings(human trafficking).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamaal-bell/race-and-human-traffickin_b_569795.html
http://www.du.edu/korbel/hrhw/researchdigest/minority/Trafficking.pdf

It isn't just a problem in the USA. It's a problem everywhere.

Of course racism is real. I'm not saying it isnt a variable, it very much could be. But to put in black and white terms, people don't care about minorities, lacks so much nuance. There are so many variables. Each area has it's different hardships and culture.

I live in the rural south. There are still old slave cabins on the side of the road still. My husband has to deal with racist old men everyday when he is trying to provide healthcare to them.

Then I'm happy that isn't the case for you in those cities. I live in Kansas City. I'm very open about this on twitter and every other platform I work on, so don't care about posting it here. That isn't the case here.
I grew up in a military family. I have lived from Washington to North Carolina all over the US. Racism is real. Minorities are far more likely to be victims of stranger danger kidnappings(human trafficking).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamaal-bell/race-and-human-traffickin_b_569795.html

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Of course racism is real. I'm not saying it isnt a variable, it very much could be. But to put in black and white terms, people don't care about minorities, lacks so much nuance. There are so many variables. Each area has it's different hardships and culture.

I live in the rural south. There are still old slave cabins on the side of the road still. My husband has to deal with racist old men everyday
when he is trying to provide healthcare to them.

All right, the kitsune drama just became a great example. In DMP a lady posted everything offensive she could find. One of the things Kitsune said was to the effect of "I care about other jews, but not Buddhists." Her sentiment there is not rare or the only one. That is an extremely common feeling. "They aren't like me. They aren't my religion. They aren't my skin tone. They don't like the same baseball team" whatever is a huge way people stop caring about others.

All right, the kitsune drama just became a great example. In DMP a lady posted everything offensive she could find. One of the things Kitsune said was to the effect of "I care about other jews, but not Buddhists." Her sentiment there is not rare or the only one. That is an extremely common feeling. "They aren't like me. They aren't my religion. They aren't my skin tone. They don't like the same baseball team" whatever is a huge way people stop caring about others.

But that is one person. Just because one person holds some bigoted views isn't an example how the world works. The world made up of different individuals and try to stay away from generalizing. Because people be fluid as fuck.

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost

Your first link cites the BJS report but even the author admits only having less than HALF the incidents containing racial data. He uses the data available to make his statement but with half missing that's misleading.
The second link is talking about global trafficking not just the US.

Trafficking doesn't usually involve kidnapping it's someone selling off the person to another. That's a completely different boat from kidnapping.

While global levels are highly racial also remember globally Asians are the majority race not Caucasians. The trafficing numbers equal out with the general percentage makeup of the world's population.

Nobody wants to hear about anyone being used as a slave in the modern age but the data isn't there to say at least in the US there's a racial target. The target tends to be poverty and illegal immigrants that just happen to be mostly ethnic.

But that is one person. Just because one person holds some bigoted views isn't an example how the world works. The world made up of different individuals and try to stay away from generalizing. Because people be fluid as fuck.
That isn't just one persons view. That is an extremely common view. Just look at talks about refugees and such. It is very easy for people to not care about someone because they don't look like them or think like them. That makes those people easy targets.

That isn't just one persons view. That is an extremely common view. Just look at talks about refugees and such. It is very easy for people to not care about someone because they don't look like them or think like them. That makes those people easy targets.

I think this is a massive generalization because one person views align usually in the bigoted park, that this is proof that it's a common view. No. It just proves that there can be shitty people.

That makes those people easy targets.
Like Kitsune?
http://themissingny.nycitynewsservice.com/part-two/race/
Statistics and media bias are real for a reason. Those shitty people exist and in larger numbers than you would think because you aren't shitty.
Are you waging war against media bias by going after people like Kitsune?
Are you trying to justify your part of that little dust-up you two had?
Sort of sounding like you are trying to throw the kitchen sink here.

Like Kitsune?

Are you waging war against media bias by going after people like Kitsune?
Are you trying to justify your part of that little dust-up you two had?
Sort of sounding like you are trying to throw the kitchen sink here.

Haha, what? We have moved on to sex trafficking. Not Kitsune. Her opinion was used as an example. You're pulling at strings here.

I do not feel bad for anything I have said to her. She dished it out plenty. Sorry she left. She was entertaining at times and just awful at others, but she had good insights about camming.

Haha, what? We have moved on to sex trafficking. Not Kitsune. Her opinion was used as an example. You're pulling at strings here.

I do not feel bad for anything I have said to her. She dished it out plenty. Sorry she left. She was entertaining at times and just awful at others, but she had good insights about camming.
Yes, just wondering because of the post little while ago
All right, the kitsune drama just became a great example...

But anyway, sex trafficking. From my limited perspective (not based on media, only things I have personally run across), the Drug War and the illegality of prostitution seem to be linked (along with poverty, illegal immigration, etc.).

Then again, alcohol is completely legal, and I wonder if it gets enough attention in the context of a "rape culture" discussion.

Among the other things I've learned in this interesting thread is that I really hate thread ratings. Overall they cause a lot of hurt feeling, and I don't think they contribute to the conversation at all.

Now, I suspect right now most of you thinking "you make good points, but you I kinda of like thread rating." I like them also, but I also like junk food, addictive computer games and other stuff the feels good but is bad for you.

Anderson Cooper on 60 minutes had a great piece about brain hacking. Braining hacking is techniques software engineers use to make their apps more addictive, e.g. employee the likes on twitter, facebook, instagram, snapchat streaks and yup the thread rating on ACF. I think they work at making me more engaged in ACF, it's a bit of thrill to see the notification flag go red,and see what new rating I got. But I when I see a big chunk of this thread devoted to who face palmed who I really question the value of having them. I wonder If the excitement the generate having them is worth the polarization they cause.
Only one of the other forums, I participate has any type of ratings and they are anonymous.

I'd hope @AmberCutie would be open to letting us have a discussion about keeping them.

Could probably pick out a good point or two, along with some poisonous ideas. Pretty much reminds me of the sort of horse-shit one might have to endure sitting through a tedious sermon on some obscure passage of scripture.

I will leave my opinions on the best and worst out of it. But this line...
"When men act violently toward women or one another, people rush to say that “boys will be boys.” Yet when women act remotely violently, even in self-defense, they’re demonized."
...seems a little archaic, and not in keeping with what I have personally witnessed.

Could probably pick out a good point or two, along with some poisonous ideas. Pretty much reminds me of the sort of horse-shit one might have to endure sitting through a tedious sermon on some obscure passage of scripture.

I will leave my opinions on the best and worst out of it. But this line...
"When men act violently toward women or one another, people rush to say that “boys will be boys.” Yet when women act remotely violently, even in self-defense, they’re demonized."
...seems a little archaic, and not in keeping with what I have personally witnessed.
In the part where they talk about objectification of women, they cite a quote from Seinfeld. Thats not a legitimate source. Seinfeld is a work of fiction and is not supposed to represent real life.

Reactions: JickyJuly
In the part where they talk about objectification of women, they cite a quote from Seinfeld. Thats not a legitimate source. Seinfeld is a work of fiction and is not supposed to represent real life.
Do you objectify women Guy?

You just questioned "rape culture".

• Funny!
Reactions: Guy
It's hyper realism at most. and 20 years outdated.

Among the other things I've learned in this interesting thread is that I really hate thread ratings. Overall they cause a lot of hurt feeling, and I don't think they contribute to the conversation at all.

Now, I suspect right now most of you thinking "you make good points, but you I kinda of like thread rating." I like them also, but I also like junk food, addictive computer games and other stuff the feels good but is bad for you.

Anderson Cooper on 60 minutes had a great piece about brain hacking. Braining hacking is techniques software engineers use to make their apps more addictive, e.g. employee the likes on twitter, facebook, instagram, snapchat streaks and yup the thread rating on ACF. I think they work at making me more engaged in ACF, it's a bit of thrill to see the notification flag go red,and see what new rating I got. But I when I see a big chunk of this thread devoted to who face palmed who I really question the value of having them. I wonder If the excitement the generate having them is worth the polarization they cause.
Only one of the other forums, I participate has any type of ratings and they are anonymous.

I'd hope @AmberCutie would be open to letting us have a discussion about keeping them.

OMG, somebody facepalmed or turded my thread...whatever will I do?

Social media along with apps, ads... do indeed use code to hack your brain's dopamine and cortisone receptors. How else will they successfully brainwash sheep to buy or care about their latest crap?

They also encourage mob mentality while stifling discussion. They provide nothing positive and don't belong on any adult discussion forum in my opinion. Would be cool to at least have the option to opt out of giving and receiving them but not sure if that is technically feasible. Just my opinion, holds little weight still being a bit of a noob here but yeah, they are awful.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Status
Not open for further replies.