AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Doctor Who season 8 worth the watch

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sciencesavvy89

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 14, 2014
Twitter Username
@sciencesavvy89
Chaturbate Username
sciencesavvy
I am a die hard whovian but I have been consumed with school for the past few months and never got around to watching season 8. It was almost like pulling teeth to watch season 7 so I am wondering if this new season and Capaldi are worth the full day Doctor Who binge.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 110
You'll find that right off the bat they give almost an apology to the fans for forcing the sexual tension between the Doctor and the companions for the last several seasons and I greatly appreciated it. My grandmother is an original Whovian and we've both complained that the Doctor is not and should never be a sexual object. He's a teacher, a father figure and above all else he's far too old and too full of knowledge to play silly high school romance games.

I was very happy with how the season played out. It is a little slow at first because it always is when they're introducing a new incarnation of the Doctor but after the fifth episode don't expect to stop before you finish the season. :lol:

Season 7 broke my heart with how terrible it was but hang in there because Season 8 restored my faith even though I was quite skeptical! I was VERY pleasantly surprised and it was lots of fun! I think there are a lot of moments that remind me of Tennant episodes and Capaldi is way better than I anticipated! They could still use better writing for Clara but I still enjoyed her even though many don't. I think they did better with her than last season, at least!

Anyway, Season 8 is a return to form and hopefully you enjoy it!

For some reason it won't let me go back and edit my last post... :?
I finally bucked up and watched the first episode of season 8 (I really loved Matt Smith - unpopular opinion? - and was sad to see him go)
OP you really should watch it, it's so worth it.
There should also be a new word for the kind of crying you do when watching Doctor Who (it can't be just me...)
the kind where you're pretty sure your crying with all ~850 muscles and 206 bones of the human body instead of just your eyeballs but then oh just wait never mind now you're giggling uncontrollably
Seriously I don't even know where these emotions come from. I swear I'm a normal level headed person until this show comes along and tugs on all the feels. :shifty:
Anyways, long story short: definitley worth the watch

Also this, I cannot stop laughing at this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 11.37.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 11.37.12 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
KayleePond said:
I think there are a lot of moments that remind me of Tennant episodes and Capaldi is way better than I anticipated!

I liked Capaldi a lot, but I actually think there was too much of this. Between the space station and the school I felt almost like they were just rehashing old plots.

My only complaint about the Capaldi version of the Doctor is that he's lost the best thing about the doctor, that since of wonder about everything. It makes me sad.

Reactions: Red7227
AlexEmpire said:
My only complaint about the Capaldi version of the Doctor is that he's lost the best thing about the doctor, that since of wonder about everything. It makes me sad.

Yeah, its David Eccleston who created the modern doctor, which Tennant and Smith went with. Capaldi is channeling Tom Baker more than the more recent doctors, with even some of the dialogue being straight from Tom Baker's doctor. We can only hope the writing get better..

Reactions: sciencesavvy89
Red7227 said:
AlexEmpire said:

Yeah, its David Eccleston who created the modern doctor, which Tennant and Smith went with. Capaldi is channeling Tom Baker more than the more recent doctors, with even some of the dialogue being straight from Tom Baker's doctor. We can only hope the writing get better..

His name is Christopher Eccleston! You might have been thinking of David Tennant! I would NOT mind a Tennant/Eccleston hybrid though. :dance: Super sorry to bring up this older post but I just had to correct the name, like a jerkface! :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.