AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Doctor Who

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always_Tim said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Also what I didn't understand was he's traveled and been friends with military personnel all along. It's not been a problem.

Sara Kingdom - Space Security Agent
Ben Jackson - Royal Navy Seaman
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Founder of UNIT
Jo Grant - UNIT Operative
Sergeant Benton - Senior NCO of UNIT
Mike Yates - Captain with UNIT
Harry Sullivan - Royal Navy Surgeon
Leela - Sevateem Tribe Warrior

Yet all of a sudden he dislikes a math teacher cause he once was in the military? No sense to that.

Must be one of those weird personality shifts that pops up as a result of regeneration.

I think it is because of the lifetime of endless war on Trenzalore, and the War Doctor memories being shoved back into the mix. He is just tired of war, and death.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
Shaun__ said:
Always_Tim said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Also what I didn't understand was he's traveled and been friends with military personnel all along. It's not been a problem.

Sara Kingdom - Space Security Agent
Ben Jackson - Royal Navy Seaman
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Founder of UNIT
Jo Grant - UNIT Operative
Sergeant Benton - Senior NCO of UNIT
Mike Yates - Captain with UNIT
Harry Sullivan - Royal Navy Surgeon
Leela - Sevateem Tribe Warrior

Yet all of a sudden he dislikes a math teacher cause he once was in the military? No sense to that.

Must be one of those weird personality shifts that pops up as a result of regeneration.

I think it is because of the lifetime of endless war on Trenzalore, and the War Doctor memories being shoved back into the mix. He is just tired of war, and death.

True, his time on Trenzalore was actually a significant fraction of his lifespan. Eleven at the end of the Christmas episode was a very different man from what he was at the start of the episode.

Those War Doctor memories aren't great either, but at least now he knows how that all really went down.

Reactions: NicoleRiley
The last episode, Kill the Moon, was the first episode of this season that I don't know if I liked or disliked. There seems to be at least one of these per season for me. I think titles this season have been giving stuff away, in a bad way. The "twist" was kinda obvious, I absolutely hated the student character, and when the writers wanted me to grow to like her, I grew to hate her MORE. But at the same time, I liked the astronaut characters, I liked Clara, and the Doctor seemed consistent with how he was in other episodes.

MsDonkey said:
The last episode, Kill the Moon, was the first episode of this season that I don't know if I liked or disliked. There seems to be at least one of these per season for me. I think titles this season have been giving stuff away, in a bad way. The "twist" was kinda obvious, I absolutely hated the student character, and when the writers wanted me to grow to like her, I grew to hate her MORE. But at the same time, I liked the astronaut characters, I liked Clara, and the Doctor seemed consistent with how he was in other episodes.

I truly hated Kill The Moon. Nothing in it made sense. At all. Even remotely.

I'm willing to disregard a few minor errors (stars being visible when the glare of sunlight should make them invisible, being able to hear the moon breaking up from earth, etc.) but the number of giant problems in this episode (e.g., where the hell did that extra 1.3 billion tons of mass come from?) puts it on my list of worst 5 New Who episodes. (Let me put it this way: I much preferred Love & Monsters!)

Edit: I could easily write a five-page rant about this episode but I won't. I'd rather just not think about this episode ever again.

:angry4: The ending was so bad, again. What is up with this season, and the end of the episodes? It is like they have these great ideas, but cannot find any reasonable conclusion to them. So they just say fuck it, a wizard did it and roll the credits.

Reactions: MissHannelore
I'm... not impressed with this season and I'm so sad to say that. I don't think I even paid attention to the last episode. I mean, I got the gist of it, but in the end I felt I could have watched something more entertaining. This season, to me, doesn't feel like the Doctor Who that I love.

This is more than likely an incredibly unpopular opinion too, but I don't really like Clara. :shifty:

Finally got a few minutes to sit down and watch 'Kill the Moon' this morning. Wish I hadn't, it was absolutely terrible. Can't stand this season; not the writing, Capaldi's Doctor, the monsters they've come up with, the character actors, or really anything. Give me an entire season of Love and Monsters-type episodes over whatever the hell they're trying to feed us right now. :roll:

Newest episode (Flatline) was good I thought.
I thought it was pretty creative, and glad to see Missy back.
Way better than the terrible moon episode. The Orient Express episode was pretty good too. It was kinda cheesy, but it was a nice change of pace. I love Moffat takes no part in the writing (he worked on the moon episode, but not the other two.) ^.^

Reactions: hapa74
Yes "Mummy on the Orient Express" and "Flatline" were both vastly better than "Kill the Moon", and better than most of the remainder of this series. I don't want to over analyse them too much, because then I'll start seeing issues, but for an easy watch, they were much more fun. :thumbup:

NicoleRiley said:
I feel like I want to give up on this season. I hated Kill the Moon, bleh.

Don't do it Nicole. STICK IT OUT.
I've kind of been feeling that way about the whole new series. I grew up on the original, and the new just doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. I forced myself to watch all of them because people kept telling me they got better after a couple seasons. There's maybe been 5 episodes I thought were good. The rest, meh. And most of them were just such bad sloppy writing. I found myself hitting the '+' button a LOT while watching.
(explanation: in VLC the '+' button makes the video go at a faster speed, so you can watch it at 2x, 3x, 4x, 8x, 32x or 64x normal speeds. Gets you through boring parts faster)

I have actually enjoyed the last 2 episodes. More specifically the most recent episode (flatline?). I'm glad I didn't give up! This season is lacking that "magical" Doctor Who feeling but this weeks episode felt like it had some of that, so I'm happy.

NicoleRiley said:
I have actually enjoyed the last 2 episodes. More specifically the most recent episode (flatline?). I'm glad I didn't give up! This season is lacking that "magical" Doctor Who feeling but this weeks episode felt like it had some of that, so I'm happy.

Flatline continued to be good on the whole "develop Clara's character" trend this season. Orient Express was kind of average. Fun but not too fulfilling. The main thing it had going for it was that it wasn't Kill the Moon.

I've been very happy with this season. I think it's a hell of a lot better than series 7. (Aside from Kill the Moon. I'm going to pretend that never happened.)

Capaldi is great, Clara finally got to DO things and be a PERSON rather than a placeholder. And Moffat even wrote some decent scripts.

A few meh episodes (and one crappy one) but also some really good ones. Although I have a feeling that this series may be yet another one where the episodes I like/dislike may change slightly upon rewatching them.

Not bad. It had quite a few really good lines, and enough to keep me from being bored.
Quite a few things I didn't expect, but won't spoil it.
Hrmm, not sure how to put this so just gonna go with the spoiler box.
I'm not going to actually say what happens, but in the end...the "big thing" or whatever you want to call it is pretty predictable.

Ann_Sulu said:
Not bad. It had quite a few really good lines, and enough to keep me from being bored.
Quite a few things I didn't expect, but won't spoil it.
Hrmm, not sure how to put this so just gonna go with the spoiler box.
I'm not going to actually say what happens, but in the end...the "big thing" or whatever you want to call it is pretty predictable.

I was really hoping for a new Time Lord. :icon-cry:

Yeah...
It had so much promise with the first episode, but the second was just...confusing, and very slapped together last minute feeling. I'm really disappointed how it went. Like Shaun said maybe the Christmas episode will be better.

I just caught up, and I have to say...I LOVED Missy. I thought the actress was brilliant and insane and I think it's exactly like how the Master would have been had he regenerated as a female.

There were a bunch of things that were just rushed/not explained and meh, but I did really like the finale if just for that.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and hapa74
VeronicaChaos said:
I just caught up, and I have to say...I LOVED Missy. I thought the actress was brilliant and insane and I think it's exactly like how the Master would have been had he regenerated as a female.

There were a bunch of things that were just rushed/not explained and meh, but I did really like the finale if just for that.

Still think how nice it would have been if a smarter than average Time Lady had escaped Gallifrey now that it was hidden away in another dimension and was out doing things for her own super genius reasons. Instead of an insane man who needs help, and will come back from the dead again and again no doubt.

I'm just gonna say that though it isn't my favorite, Moffat has done worse. Not the best, but not too bad either.

Ann_Sulu said:
I'm just gonna say that though it isn't my favorite, Moffat has done worse. Not the best, but not too bad either.

Just wait until the writers get themselves in an unsolvable pickle one day.

They will just cut to people waking up with dream crabs on their face, and reboot everything.

Reactions: Rose and Ann_Sulu
I really enjoyed "Last Christmas", I think it's a vast improvement from last years special. I pretty much despised how they tied up Matt Smith's run during a Christmas special. I think the Christmas special should always be an episode with some whimsy and heart, which this one did, so it worked for me :)

Plus it marked the one year anniversary of Peter Capaldi's first appearance as the Doctor, and I've really enjoyed him!

We've got 9? months to kill until next season. Seems like a pretty good time to just rewatch the whole thing. Once I finish through Capaldi I'll have to hunt down all the classics and watch all of those in order since I've only seen the bits they had on Netflix last year.

Reactions: hapa74
Rose said:
We've got 9? months to kill until next season. Seems like a pretty good time to just rewatch the whole thing...

Since it's the 10th anniversary of the reboot, I may go back and watch from Eccleston through the current season :) (along with all the other stuff I'm re-watching)

Reactions: Rose
hapa74 said:
Rose said:
We've got 9? months to kill until next season. Seems like a pretty good time to just rewatch the whole thing...

Since it's the 10th anniversary of the reboot, I may go back and watch from Eccleston through the current season :) (along with all the other stuff I'm re-watching)

There are a lot of good episodes though the series and some excellent characters. Christopher Eccelston and Matt Smith are my favourite doctors from the current series. All of the companions have been awesome, with Clara being my least favourite. I really wish they had gotten Michelle Ryan to stay as a companion, as she was great in "Planet of the Dead"

I still haven't seen more than the second episode from the current series, but I'm sure I will get around to it eventually.

Reactions: Rose
Red7227 said:
hapa74 said:
Rose said:

There are a lot of good episodes though the series and some excellent characters. Christopher Eccelston and Matt Smith are my favourite doctors from the current series. All of the companions have been awesome, with Clara being my least favourite. I really wish they had gotten Michelle Ryan to stay as a companion, as she was great in "Planet of the Dead"

I still haven't seen more than the second episode from the current series, but I'm sure I will get around to it eventually.

Clara gets a lot better in the most recent series.

Reactions: Rose and hapa74
Always_Tim said:
Red7227 said:
hapa74 said:
Rose said:

Clara gets a lot better in the most recent series.

Wouldn't be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.