AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Doctor Who

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think this doctor might be a bad doctor? In the previews he asks Clara if she thinks he is a bad person and she doesn't respond.. And it was implied that he killed the bot guy. And did he steal that coat???

I kinda like the idea of a bad doctor...

Cherrywine_ said:
Does anyone think this doctor might be a bad doctor? In the previews he asks Clara if she thinks he is a bad person and she doesn't respond.. And it was implied that he killed the bot guy. And did he steal that coat???

I kinda like the idea of a bad doctor...

It's partially just post-regeneration confusion, like when the 6th Doctor tried to strangle Peri.

But I think the Doctor is reflecting on his past (in an attempt to understand himself; a phase he tends to go through after regenerating) and he isn't happy about everything he's done in his life. As we saw in the last couple of Matt Smith episodes he has intentionally tried to ignore big parts of his past, and now he's allowing himself to remember. He has made a lot of mistakes in his past, as he mentions in this episode, and it looks like some of them are going to catch up with him this year. (Presumably Missy is one of his past mistakes.)

I finally got to watch the new Doctor Who, first episode and todays. Its so good, and I love that they have gotten back to the original story telling style. And how there is an over-arcing "enemy" that the Doctor doesn't yet know about instead of something new every time.

I'm very curious and excited to learn more about Heaven, and why people are popping up there. Is this Missy from the Doctors early years, like before 9 or 10? I would be kind of sad if she was fucked over somehow by Smith's Doctor. Because he has such a huge story line and had so many things going on between the Ponds, River, and himself. Is she (Missy) some psychotic stalker, capturing people that have been manipulated into death by the doctor?

Also I'm glad that Clara has a boyfriend, and that they have outwardly acknowledged that Mme. Vastra and Jenny are a couple instead of the light and obvious hinting they did the last season. But at the same time, it seemed like they kept throwing it in that they were married as if we didn't hear her the first time. Yaknow?

Just watched episode 2, my current read is that Missy has to be a Time Lady/Time Lord of some sort, or otherwise have access to a TARDIS. The way Blue just materialized in the tearoom of Heaven the same way she just materialized in the console room of the Doctor's TARDIS seems to be foreshadowing (or a red herring).

This has 0 to do with Who, other than it was Capaldi's Oscar winning short film...

Franz Kafka's It's A Wonderful Life

That is the weirdest thing I've seen in ages

I liked the latest episode. Clara looked even more amazing than usual. Also I find her to be much more likable this season.

I'm surprised that I like the new doctor. Maybe it's the accent. :lol:

EDIT: I think I'm just happy that the "romantic tension" with doctor/companion thing is over with.

I too am very interested about Missy and curious have wondered about some of the theories suggested.

Honestly I've been having kind of a love/hate relationship with watching Dr. Who for a while. Currently, I've been going from the very first dr to watch basically marathon style to Capaldi while of course keeping up with the latest episodes (I didn't discover Dr Who till very late).

I like Capaldi as the new dr a lot, though sometimes the writing...for instance I really didn't understand the purpose of these two instances that I'll put in a spoilers box-
1. Clara was so upset about his appearance though she saw him in every freaking age/appearance he went through while being the all time-travely as he "impossible girl", but suddenly she has a problem with his appearance that they have to take time to, I don't know, explain why ageism and vanity are wrong. Sorry that first episode really annoyed me. I felt they were just slapping fans on the wrist for not finding an older guy "dreamy".

2. Other than the cheesy romancy effect Maid Marion appearing after the tardis leaves...really?! She was now where before, and suddenly bam she appears and runs lovingly to Robin. Sorry but that ruined the ending for me. The tardis simply leaving would've been a fine ending but no they wanted people's hearts to skip that extra beat. For me, they might as well had written in Carey's hand coming out of a grave.

One thing I like about the show, is even if one dr or writer sucks...this too shall pass. I think things will get better with this Dr. ^.^

Reactions: Kitty_Blue
Overall I quite liked this episode. Capaldi is funny. :)

One thing I hated:

is it just me or was the "if we shoot the gold arrow at the spaceship it will magically make it able to get into orbit" thing the stupidest bit of writing on Doctor Who in ages?

A lot of Pertwee and a bit of T Baker in Capaldi's performance this week. He really does mix in bits of a lot of doctors. :)

oh and did anyone else think the gold might be a cyberman reference at first? 1980s cybermen were allergic to gold. I was glad it turned out not to be a cyberman episode though

I forgot about the first spoiler you said @Tim omg that was bad. XD

Godiva420 said:

That was the lowest point of the show probably.

Okay, so...

I've found that none of the episodes so far this season have really made me excited about the new Doctor (and overall, he's just not likeable/believable as the Doctor.) I mean for god's sake, the most recent episode was essentially just a bunch of fan service to put Clara in a pretty dress/have her have a pseudo-romance with Robin, with the Doctor being a grumpy old man on the side. And Marion showing up at the very end? What a crock. The entire episode was really cringe-worthy, but the golden arrow idea was idiotic (and an arrow couldn't go that distance anyway), and the Doctor's banter was weak at best. The overreaching 'Oh hey, there are robots trying to reach paradise!' theme going through the episodes is likely going to end up being an origin story for Cybermen, and overall the writing quality has dropped drastically. And as for Missy... she wasn't even IN this episode. WTF?

Color me not impressed so far. :snooty:

Shaun__ said:
Godiva420 said:

That was the lowest point of the show probably.

That was definitely one of the stupidest things I've seen in Doctor who.

Although the preview for next week!
I'm going to have nightmares! I already can't sleep with my feet uncovered....and currently my bed is laying directly on the floor. :lol:

Reactions: Always_Tim
I watched the newest Dr Who. I'm soooooooo disappointed. It had such a good beginning! :snooty:
Who the f*ck was the kid in the blanket?! Are you kidding me? They all just were afraid of the dark so the blanket ghost appeared?! No! Ugh! All the NO! I wasn't crazy about the beginning where LISTEN was written, because if there was a creature who was just "hiding around" you'd think they'd stay hidden, but nope I can't forgive that end.

I decided to edit by saying that they can still save it. If they, say make it where they thought it was one thing, but turns out to actually be a creature..hell make it be something from the "Promised Land" for all I care, but friggin' do something more than oh, we were just super scared and so we all hallucinated. Next episode weeping angles: statues or super bad dreams?

Ann_Sulu said:
I watched the newest Dr Who. I'm soooooooo disappointed. It had such a good beginning! :snooty:
Who the f*ck was the kid in the blanket?! Are you kidding me? They all just were afraid of the dark so the blanket ghost appeared?! No! Ugh! All the NO! I wasn't crazy about the beginning where LISTEN was written, because if there was a creature who was just "hiding around" you'd think they'd stay hidden, but nope I can't forgive that end.

I decided to edit by saying that they can still save it. If they, say make it where they thought it was one thing, but turns out to actually be a creature..hell make it be something from the "Promised Land" for all I care, but friggin' do something more than oh, we were just super scared and so we all hallucinated. Next episode weeping angles: statues or super bad dreams?

I am hoping we are being mislead, and it is really something else.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
On the whole, I actually really liked the episode. I actually really liked this Clara for the first time sinceher first episode. I liked the way they showed her tying in to the Doctor's timeline for once, like and i thought that twist was nicely foreshadowed and wasn't so too fetched (I even had a little squeal when they showed the War Doctor clip and tied in the barn). I could buy that

I didn't like the lack of resolution with the "Charlie Brown ghost" on the bed; the lack of a Promised Land/Heaven/Missy tie in. I also thought it was crazy that the Doctor would talk about "nothing evolves perfect hiding" since 1) hiding is a type of defense, 2) Weeping Angels, Silence, Vashta FUCKING Nerada. All of these villains essentially play against the same "fear of the what you can't see," trope, but they're all created by Moffat (who wrote this episode too) So he SPECIFICALLY wrote:

The Doctor: Almost every species in the Universe has an irrational fear of the dark. But they're wrong. 'Cause it's not irrational. It's Vashta Nerada.
Donna: What's Vashta Nerada?
The Doctor: It's what's in the dark. It's what's always in the dark.
then wrote an episode where there's maybe nothing hiding in the dark, or maybe something different.

I think "Listen" is the best character-building episode we've had in a long, long time.

I like the fact that the question of "is it real?" is left unresolved. I'd personally prefer that they not try to answer it. If anything modern Doctor Who tries too hard to explain everything.

So, the biggest used book/comic/toy/movie/everything store in town has installed a TARDIS right near the front door. To go along with it's giant Hulk statue, which has changed from green to red.

The Teller looked great, but I was still disappointed with the ending of this episode. I hope this is not an entire season of episodes that kind of run out of steam near the end.

Reactions: LailaBaise
Again I enjoyed the episode a lot, that being said:

The identity of "The Architect" was a tad predictable. I was hoping that it was going to somehow turn out to be another Time Lord!

other than that I thought it was great fun!

I've enjoyed this season so far and Capaldi is great as the Doctor, in fact I think he is a lot better than the material he has been given. For me he is the most 'Doctorish' Doctor since the series returned. As a child I remember being scared of the Doctor sometime, and that was part of the appeal of the series for me. So Capaldi's abrasive side is a nice change that keeps the series fresh and interesting and even nostalgic.

I also like Clara's dynamic with the new Doctor, and I love the way her character is being fleshed out this series, Jenna is a joy to watch.

I am not to keen on the heaven / promised land story arc - as the audience knows right away its a cheat, it isn't going to be the biblical heaven, so we are really only waiting to see what is really going on. I hope it has a really good pay-off. At least this year I have avoided spoilers, so at least it should be a surprise.

Eden01 said:
I've enjoyed this season so far and Capaldi is great as the Doctor, in fact I think he is a lot better than the material he has been given. For me he is the most 'Doctorish' Doctor since the series returned. As a child I remember being scared of the Doctor sometime, and that was part of the appeal of the series for me. So Capaldi's abrasive side is a nice change that keeps the series fresh and interesting and even nostalgic.
I'm still not sure about Capaldi as the Doctor, but he's definitely a novelty compared to the otherwise progressively younger getting Doctors we had prior to him.

Eden01 said:
I also like Clara's dynamic with the new Doctor, and I love the way her character is being fleshed out this series, Jenna is a joy to watch.
Yes, as others have said, getting rid of the whole "Doctor Boyfriend" thing is good, although they've immediately felt they need to jump in and give Clara a boyfriend from elsewhere, which is a little annoying, although I did like the "hitting the head on the desk" bit. :-D The whole Doctor hating soldiers thing is also a bit daft. No one who had lived as long as he supposedly has, would be so naive and bigoted against a group as this portrayal is. Soldiers are a necessary facet of our culture, if you want to be annoyed with anyone, it's the politicians and senior ranks that you should dislike, not the poor sods on the frontline, who have to try and implement their decisions.

Eden01 said:
I am not to keen on the heaven / promised land story arc - as the audience knows right away its a cheat, it isn't going to be the biblical heaven, so we are really only waiting to see what is really going on. I hope it has a really good pay-off. At least this year I have avoided spoilers, so at least it should be a surprise.
Yes, I can relate to that. So far its been too much of a tease, with not enough for us to have any idea what is going on. As you say, I really hope that the pay-off is good, otherwise I will be annoyed.

So far I've liked some bits if all the episodes, but I can't say any one of them is a great favourite of mine, like Blink or The Lodger. On the other hand, I can't say I've really hated any of them either (even if there have been some "wtf?" moments).

Reactions: Eden01
ArtfulOwl said:
The whole Doctor hating soldiers thing is also a bit daft. No one who had lived as long as he supposedly has, would be so naive and bigoted against a group as this portrayal is. Soldiers are a necessary facet of our culture, if you want to be annoyed with anyone, it's the politicians and senior ranks that you should dislike, not the poor sods on the frontline, who have to try and implement their decisions.

Also what I didn't understand was he's traveled and been friends with military personnel all along. It's not been a problem.

Sara Kingdom - Space Security Agent
Ben Jackson - Royal Navy Seaman
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Founder of UNIT
Jo Grant - UNIT Operative
Sergeant Benton - Senior NCO of UNIT
Mike Yates - Captain with UNIT
Harry Sullivan - Royal Navy Surgeon
Leela - Sevateem Tribe Warrior

Yet all of a sudden he dislikes a math teacher cause he once was in the military? No sense to that.

JerryBoBerry said:
Also what I didn't understand was he's traveled and been friends with military personnel all along. It's not been a problem.

Sara Kingdom - Space Security Agent
Ben Jackson - Royal Navy Seaman
Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Founder of UNIT
Jo Grant - UNIT Operative
Sergeant Benton - Senior NCO of UNIT
Mike Yates - Captain with UNIT
Harry Sullivan - Royal Navy Surgeon
Leela - Sevateem Tribe Warrior

Yet all of a sudden he dislikes a math teacher cause he once was in the military? No sense to that.

Must be one of those weird personality shifts that pops up as a result of regeneration.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and hapa74
Status
Not open for further replies.