AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Doctor Who

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always_Tim said:
Clara gets a lot better in the most recent series.

Nothing but lies. She's still one of my least liked characters in history. I truly wish we could see him traveling with River Song instead, :angry4:

Midna_Wolf said:
I feel like the only Clara fan on the internets sometimes...is it cause I (not so) secretly wanna tap dat?

She is eminently fuckable, and certainly the best dressed companion ever, but they give her character nothing. I think Martha was is much prettier, but I don't remember what she was wearing from one episode to the next.

^ Yes.
Clara is beautiful and acts like an adorable ball of silliness. But I would have loved her if her character had been scrapped a while ago. She has just stayed too long.. She's not fun any more and she doesn't add anything to the story. In my opinion she actually holds the story back as they continually rehash the same "How does she feel about the Doctor?" bullshit. It doesn't help that she feels like Amy v2.0 only less petulant and useless.

s08e12 spoiler
I was actually happy when Clara said she was leaving the doctor. It was heartbreaking to see Pink die; I love his character. His character seemed more intelligent, self-aware, and had better dialogue than Clara. Pink's back and forth with the Doctor referencing him as a military officer was just brilliant. It just brought so much to the forefront, like how so many humans just follow him into battle mindlessly taking orders until their usefulness is depleted.
2014 Christmas special spoiler
I wish the last plot twist of her being old and forgotten by the Doctor was real. That was such an exciting ending. I actually thought "Oh my goodness yes, Moffat is taking risks, this is brilliant!" It would have been a shocking, unique way to end a relationship with a new-Who companion. But, nope.

On a different note:
Donna was the greatest companion of new Who. Ok?
Just gonna leave this here..

QTye0r3.png

Divahkiin said:
On a different note:

QTye0r3.png

Yup, best doctor ever and equal best companion with the blond Romana and Leela. On a purely decorative note it would be nice to have Martha around as a sex toy or something.

Reactions: Rose and Gemma536
Divahkiin said:
^ Yes.
Clara is beautiful and acts like an adorable ball of silliness. But I would have loved her if her character had been scrapped a while ago. She has just stayed too long.. She's not fun any more and she doesn't add anything to the story. In my opinion she actually holds the story back as they continually rehash the same "How does she feel about the Doctor?" bullshit. It doesn't help that she feels like Amy v2.0 only less petulant and useless.

s08e12 spoiler
I was actually happy when Clara said she was leaving the doctor. It was heartbreaking to see Pink die; I love his character. His character seemed more intelligent, self-aware, and had better dialogue than Clara. Pink's back and forth with the Doctor referencing him as a military officer was just brilliant. It just brought so much to the forefront, like how so many humans just follow him into battle mindlessly taking orders until their usefulness is depleted.
2014 Christmas special spoiler
I wish the last plot twist of her being old and forgotten by the Doctor was real. That was such an exciting ending. I actually thought "Oh my goodness yes, Moffat is taking risks, this is brilliant!" It would have been a shocking, unique way to end a relationship with a new-Who companion. But, nope.

On a different note:

QTye0r3.png

I cannot stand that she has never came back to the show. Even if she never meets the doctor she could still be running around doing stuff, always just missing him or having him dodge her to keep her brain from melting.

Gemma536 said:
Always_Tim said:
Clara gets a lot better in the most recent series.

Nothing but lies. She's still one of my least liked characters in history. I truly wish we could see him traveling with River Song instead, :angry4:

Agreed a thousand times over. I liked her when she was transcending time and space and kept popping up, now that they've given her a real "story" (and one that doesn't answer any of the initial questions that I had) I like her less. That being said, Capaldi has joined my list of "older than my parents" gentleman that I would love to have some alone time with. :oops:

Midna_Wolf said:
I feel like the only Clara fan on the internets sometimes...is it cause I (not so) secretly wanna tap dat?

Don't get me wrong, she's beautiful. It's her character that's not so bueno. But for that can you blame the actress or the writers? :angel10:

TentacleGeek said:
Midna_Wolf said:

Don't get me wrong, she's beautiful. It's her character that's not so bueno. But for that can you blame the actress or the writers? :angel10:

The writers entirely! They've been going down hill ever since 11 started, basically ever since Russell T. Davies left :snooty: They pander too much to being quotable, like... idk, being campy, actively trying to get tumblr posts, lol.

Basically they gave Moffat too much power, lol He needs a handler or else... this. Clara is just TOO much all at once and it's like, her backstory is more important than her actual character, which makes her not relatable. :/

Shaun__ said:
I cannot stand that she has never came back to the show. Even if she never meets the doctor she could still be running around doing stuff, always just missing him or having him dodge her to keep her brain from melting.

Same, she was absolutely amazing! Catherine Tate potentially had other things to do or didn't want to renew contract. Otherwise you'd think they'd have brought her back at least slightly.. But then again with their trend of having sex-charged companions they may have viewed her less useful for future Who. Grr.

I liked that she was the only companion of new Who to give the Doctor shit and not want on his spaceman D.

@Gemma536 Hell yes Russell T. Davies knows how to write. ;-; Also 100% agreed that Moffat was better before they gave him so much control over the writing. Dude needs to put the fan service away and start taking some risks or future Who is boned.

I like Clara. But I find it hard to dislike any companions. I didn't enjoy Martha terribly, but I still liked her.
Easy to please I guess.
Clara does feel like Amy at some points, a lower caliber pond if you will.
I really miss 11... 12 is great, I love his straight forward no bullshit old man attitude, but I miss the jokes and the side splitting laughter.
The humors still there, just to a lesser extent.

side note,
I found old Doctor Who gifs I made and I just wanted to leave them here
shout out to micky

Attachments

• mickeylol.gif
    mickeylol.gif
    228.6 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: hapa74
Divahkiin said:
Shaun__ said:

Same, she was absolutely amazing! Catherine Tate potentially had other things to do or didn't want to renew contract. Otherwise you'd think they'd have brought her back at least slightly.. But then again with their trend of having sex-charged companions they may have viewed her less useful for future Who. Grr.

I liked that she was the only companion of new Who to give the Doctor shit and not want on his spaceman D.

@Gemma536 Hell yes Russell T. Davies knows how to write. ;-; Also 100% agreed that Moffat was better before they gave him so much control over the writing. Dude needs to put the fan service away and start taking some risks or future Who is boned.

catherine tate wasnt really a doctor who fan which probably made her role significant. i think she is mainly a comedic actor. she also has/had her own show which is pretty funny. so i think thats why she only signed on for 1 season.

my problem with the series of how it is now is it seemed to lose that darkness with a little bit of a humerous and charmful touch. most of the show writers are the same the only thing that changed was russell t davies. im also not liking how they are taking characters which were once great and deciding to just throw them in and suddenly they can do extra things. (talking about the angels). but the main reason i stopped watching it was because once they "probably saved" gallifrey that just threw everything that ever happened in the past out the window to me. i just liked the 1-4 series because it wasnt just a on lets just sit and watch this. it was something more of a wow they covered almost everything and made you think about every once in a while. the show now i just feel like its a lazy lets just watch this and get it over with while hoping there is something really exciting about to happen

on another note. i hope russell t davies decides to do another season of torchwood. although Miracle day wasnt that great, compared to children of earth, the concept of the whole thing was

Reactions: Shaun__ and Red7227
RealFartNinja said:
Divahkiin said:
Shaun__ said:

catherine tate wasnt really a doctor who fan which probably made her role significant. i think she is mainly a comedic actor. she also has/had her own show which is pretty funny. so i think thats why she only signed on for 1 season.

my problem with the series of how it is now is it seemed to lose that darkness with a little bit of a humerous and charmful touch. most of the show writers are the same the only thing that changed was russell t davies. im also not liking how they are taking characters which were once great and deciding to just throw them in and suddenly they can do extra things. (talking about the angels). but the main reason i stopped watching it was because once they "probably saved" gallifrey that just threw everything that ever happened in the past out the window to me. i just liked the 1-4 series because it wasnt just a on lets just sit and watch this. it was something more of a wow they covered almost everything and made you think about every once in a while. the show now i just feel like its a lazy lets just watch this and get it over with while hoping there is something really exciting about to happen

on another note. i hope russell t davies decides to do another season of torchwood. although Miracle day wasnt that great, compared to children of earth, the concept of the whole thing was

I am watching clips from her show on YouTube now, and it is hilarious. I love the posh people skits.

The Doctor Who convention last night was sweet! :dance:

Just got done watching the newest episode. Feel almost as though Moffat must've phoned in some help. No spoilers, but it was really good! :D

Just got done watching the newest episode. Feel almost as though Moffat must've phoned in some help. No spoilers, but it was really good! :D
I still have two hours before it is on my cable package, but I watched the meditation short though and I am pumped.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
At first I was like, another of those episodes I guess. Then he said his name!!!!!!lotsofexclamationpoints!!!!!!! This season is starting so much stronger than the last.

Just in the first 10 min it's really good/fucked up..high hopes :h:

Reactions: ShilohGables
Zombie Dalecks?! Hahahahahaha

Also, not sure about the sunglasses, but I guess could be worse. :p

There's a new spinoff show coming next year: Class

It takes place at Coal Hill School (where Clara teaches and the Doctor's granddaughter Susan was a student back in 1963) and is a YA show, presumably meant for a similar audience as the Sarah Jane Adventures.

Not the spinoff most of us were hoping for (I'd be very happy with a Vastra/Jenny/Strax spinoff or a Missy spinoff) but more Doctor-related stuff is always good, especially if the rumors about series 10 being delayed turn out to be true.

Reactions: ShilohGables
Had to leave after watching, so forgot to come here. Not a bad episode, but it's a two-parter so blah gotta wait till next time.

Not bad, though I made the mistake of taking a nap right before the show started. Be sure you're alert, or some things won't make a lot of sense...one of those moments you actually have to follow the wibbily wobbly timey wimey stuff. ^.^'

They broke the freaking sunglasses. Hopefully they won't replace it. Overall this episode was kind of lame. Another two-parter.

They broke the freaking sunglasses. Hopefully they won't replace it. Overall this episode was kind of lame. Another two-parter.

It was pretty clear from interviews Moffat has done lately that they weren't going to last and that he was just messing with the fans.

Oh and they're all two-parters this year. Because two-parters are cool. (Unlike the last few years, where standalone episodes were cool.) Personally I'm glad to have two-parters back, because most Doctor Who stories don't work as well when crammed into 45 minutes. (On the other hand, most felt way too stretched out back when they were six 25-minute episodes.) Much better, of course, would be to give each story the time it deserves rather than making them all fit the same pattern for a particular year.

I liked this story and I'm very interested to see how the second half turns out. It looks fun. And more Maisie Williams can only be good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.