AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does a username make any difference?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flipping this around, how do models feel about customer usernames? I mean I've seen some horrific ones. I once used the name of a newly popular Metallica song as my username and ended up ditching it because everyone kept asking if I was into BDSM (presumably involving marionettes) 😂

Flipping this around, how do models feel about customer usernames? I mean I've seen some horrific ones. I once used the name of a newly popular Metallica song as my username and ended up ditching it because everyone kept asking if I was into BDSM (presumably involving marionettes) 😂
I've had a few people (mainly other users) ask if I am into Deep Purple or their bat-biting front-man but my name is just the phonetic spelling of Aussie (my nationality) .

Depends on my mood how much, but overall yes (they matter and have an effect).

its nice when its obvious rage troll bait. helps me block before they start pissing away on their keyboard. i think its funny, they probably think its funny. win-win troll.

other than that, nothing tos breaking and its koser with me.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I've had a few people (mainly other users) ask if I am into Deep Purple or their bat-biting front-man but my name is just the phonetic spelling of Aussie (my nationality) .
If they're asking if you're into Deep Purple because your username is Ozzie then they know bugger all about heavy metal.

I appreciate it when they are pronounceable and not a bit of dirty talk or penis decription

Oh sure you can ask my real name it's; "UpUranus McGee. My parents named me after a yet undiscovered planet in our solar system which is due north of Uranus." Lololol

That’s the great thing about “UpUranus” as a fake name… if anyone asks, it can also be your fake location!

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise

Oh, you see, I didn't even associate your name with Ozzy Osbourne. Maybe because I know the spelling difference plus I know of your nationality. So it didn't even cross my mind one bit, and reading your post just now it honestly took me longer than I should admit before I realised "Ozzy Osbourne" :rofl: :rofl:

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_
If they're asking if you're into Deep Purple because your username is Ozzie then they know bugger all about heavy metal.
Wait.... the idiot Ozzie Osbourne isn't from Deep Purple? :rofl: No?

Ahh, then it is me who knows fuck all about metal, (the users would have used the correct band name, I am just mis-remembering) which I will happily acknowledge, on the whole, it's not a genre that floats my boat.

• Funny!
Reactions: misterical
Oh, you see, I didn't even associate your name with Ozzy Osbourne. Maybe because I know the spelling difference plus I know of your nationality. So it didn't even cross my mind one bit, and reading your post just now it honestly took me longer than I should admit before I realised "Ozzy Osbourne" :rofl: :rofl:
That might also be because, as someone pointed out, I was telling a false story (dodgy memory) as he is not from Deep Purple after all!!! :rofl: (it was in fact, Black Sabbath as Senor Google has just told me)

Reactions: NotYou
Personally, I'm not too fond of anything that begins with "Daddy's ..." Just not the kind of role play I am into.
I am also instantly put off by models using "slut" or "whore" in a user name. It seems a lot of guys are into that, but I think it is abusive, even if used lightly or to invoke a fantasy. I absolutely despise slut shaming in any way.
As for asking a model's real name, I would never do that. That is a no-fly zone.

Reactions: Smoothie and NotYou
They've asked my name and then subsequently introduced themselves by a different name than their performer name. The assumption being that it's a real name.

It doesn't necessarily mean that's it's their real first name either. When I tell people to call me Shelly, it's because it's sort of a nickname derived from my middle name. For all of these members who ask "What is your name?" (They're waiting to hear a "realistic" name, but no way in Hell are they getting my legal name that's on my birth certificate), Shelly is what they're gonna get...period.

Reactions: MarieElise
The only one I would guard against is one that is really hard to search. One of the models I follow has her first name followed by two underscores. It won't come up in search, I have to type in the name and then sort through the models with that name in their username. That is a problem for the model in terms of potential customers having a hard time finding her
Perhaps I've misunderstood, but where and why are you searching her name, if you are already following her?

Flipping this around, how do models feel about customer usernames?
Every one with "daddy" in it makes me roll my eyes and I always use the remaining part of the name when talking to them, even if it's just bunch of random letters or numbers. No way I'm gonna call you "daddy" for free (99% of "daddies" are freeloaders or act like their 1 tk tips are actually 1000 tk ones, but they seem to be a talkative bunch, probably hoping I would respond with their username). I'm also not gonna say usernames that are too sexual i.e. refer to body parts or sex acts and of course offensive ones (these just get banned immediately). Otherwise I usually don't care. Sometimes I comment on usernames I find funny and/or interesting and I usually remember them and people behind them better than most others even if they aren't big tippers.

ETA: I also enjoy usernames that tell me something about the person behind them, even if it's something silly like "Ilikeeggs". It helps me start the conversation, although in this case I would probably just go on a rant about my hatred of hard-boiled eggs. Truly the most disgusting food in existence. You know why deviled eggs are called that? Because it's obvious Satan himself must have created them.

Last edited:
It doesn't necessarily mean that's it's their real first name either. When I tell people to call me Shelly, it's because it's sort of a nickname derived from my middle name. For all of these members who ask "What is your name?" (They're waiting to hear a "realistic" name, but no way in Hell are they getting my legal name that's on my birth certificate), Shelly is what they're gonna get...period.
Yeah, although given that I didn't ask them for their name then I'm still confused why they don't just default to the performer name. It's not like it matters to me in the bigger scheme of things though which is why I never ask.

That might also be because, as someone pointed out, I was telling a false story (dodgy memory) as he is not from Deep Purple after all!!! :rofl: (it was in fact, Black Sabbath as Senor Google has just told me)
Yep, the Sabs. Although confusingly, Ian Gillan from Deep Purple briefly (one album) became the singer in Sabbath.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Interestingly, I see a lot of users who are way too free with using their real name as their username. Like literally first name and surname, often with either their age or birth year tagged on to the end. Risky strategy in the event of a data breach.

Wait, isn't asking models real names bad ettiquitte?

When a member does this to me, it immediately makes me red flag them as potentially problematic.

We don't bother about people asking and just reply to them with a set of fake "real info"
So have a fake real name / age / city..
And only real info given out is the country.

Interestingly, I see a lot of users who are way too free with using their real name as their username. Like literally first name and surname, often with either their age or birth year tagged on to the end. Risky strategy in the event of a data breach.
How do you know it's their real name?

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but where and why are you searching her name, if you are already following her?
Sorry, I didn’t write that clearly. I meant “one has to” search her name, I don’t currently have to search it

I wasn’t following her when I learned of the issue, though I discovered the problem when trying to get back to her room a few days after stumbling across it and forgetting to favorite it

Reactions: rockin_rod
We don't bother about people asking and just reply to them with a set of fake "real info"
So have a fake real name / age / city..
And only real info given out is the country.
The reason i bother about people asking is that people who feel entitled too ask personal questions like that often will push other boundries, and often want to be special or push our connection further than is apropriate. It is a reliable indicator of behavior. When I tell them no how they take it is an even better indicator of how they will behave going forward.

Sometimes people need to be told no and while I used to tell people fake stuff too it usually lead to further prying. I like to weed out those folks early.

The reason i bother about people asking is that people who feel entitled too ask personal questions like that often will push other boundries, and often want to be special or push our connection further than is apropriate. It is a reliable indicator of behavior. When I tell them no how they take it is an even better indicator of how they will behave going forward.

Sometimes people need to be told no and while I used to tell people fake stuff too it usually lead to further prying. I like to weed out those folks early.

Yeah, I’m sure if it’s one of the first things they ask, it can only snowball from there. Most of the time anyway.

I’m pretty good at making conversation without needing to address a person by any name at all. But if I ever did want to address them more personally, I’ll usually just check out their bio and use whatever they list there as their “name.” It doesn’t need to be real for my purposes, and if they listed it themselves I can be confident they’re OK with it being “out there.” Plus it eliminates the need to ask “what’s your name” and possibly coming off as creepy.

Yeah, although given that I didn't ask them for their name then I'm still confused why they don't just default to the performer name. It's not like it matters to me in the bigger scheme of things though which is why I never ask.

As explained in my previous post, a lot of members want a "realistic" name they can call the model. Instead of 'FuckMyHolesBB' 😂, some members would prefer to call her Sarah. My model name is Yummybrownfox, and even though some people are cool with just calling me "Fox" I still get interactions like this from others:

Member: Hi, beautiful. I'm Jim. What's your name?
Me: Hey, Jim! I'm Shelly. It's nice to meet you.

Which is totally fine with me, btw. Call me Fox or call me Shelly. It's really not that serious. Just don't be all "But is that your real name?" Because that's inappropriate and creepy as hell.

I'm not calling any of these dudes 'Daddy', because that shit is just weird to me. I've actually seen a member have just 'Daddy' as his screen name, so in that case I'd just call him D.

Ridiculous screen names where it's pretty much gibberish, or names where the member thought it'd be funny to make it hard for people to pronounce...that's annoying as hell.

I am at a complete loss to fathom how that was chosen
Yes, I do agree, the most bewildering names are those of "studio" models. Sometimes it reallly makes you wonder if they don't even get a say in the choice of their name.
That said, Peachy Paris sounds cool and totally real to me. I'm OK with it. Better than any idk Karen, which sounds boring and unappealing. I apologise in advance to any Karen here. Lovely name but not suitable for a camsite, though.

how do models feel about customer usernames
Well, personally I've always chosen whatever nickname came up to my mind when subscribing and I can tell you I got mixed response from models that I follow and came to "know" a bit. Perhaps, it was because of a poor choice of English words from my side which totally made sense to me at that moment, but, anyway, I've been told that my name sounded intriguing, mysterious, and a bit exotic, whilst others just flat out told me they thought I was an idiot at first, because it didn't make any sense to them. I mean, it is what it is.

That is fantastic advice. I've just witnessed an epic meltdown in a room where a regular relentlessly demanded to know who the model was interacting with on her cell phone during the show.....it was ugly to say the least, and just about emptied out her room.
People like that will never understand the need for maintaining and respecting boundaries, and IMO should be banned immediately, no matter if they're tippers or not.

Last edited:
I just worked out thats who Sharon is married to.
Now i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.