AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ebay wishlists

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eBay owned PayPal until mid-last summer and the two companies are still affiliated. You can learn more about it here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-ebay-update.

It would probably be a really terrible idea for models to have eBay wishlists. I suspect that being a sex worker violates their TOS.

I have never heard of a model having one since ebay is owned by Paypal. Most girls have amazon or delivery code; I have seen some have wishlists on Etsy but never Ebay. I would advise a model to NEVER use paypal or anything paypal is associated with, It's not smart.

Also @Lorelei beat me to this answer :)

eBay owned PayPal until mid-last summer and the two companies are still affiliated. You can learn more about it here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-ebay-update.

It would probably be a really terrible idea for models to have eBay wishlists. I suspect that being a sex worker violates their TOS.
ebay used to own Paypal, but Paypal banned adult services before they were bought by ebay. I think that as long as you dont accept Paypal as a payment it would be okay.

Given that eBay owned PayPal for 12 years, I would be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS using eBay wish lists as a sex worker.

Regardless of technicalities, eBay has the same third-party seller issue as Amazon—there's no way to guarantee that a third-party seller won't disclose shipping information (potentially including names and phone numbers) to the person who has paid for an item.

From eBay's user agreement:

Privacy of Others; Marketing

If eBay provides you with information about another user, you agree you will use the information only for the purposes it is provided to you. You may not disclose, sell, rent, or distribute a user's information to a third party for purposes unrelated to the Services. Additionally, you may not use information for marketing purposes, via electronic or other means, unless you obtain the consent of the specific user to do so.

Got one seller who discloses shipping info to a buyer? Boom. Once the info is out, there's no getting it back. It doesn't matter what eBay might do to the seller's account after the fact. I can't imagine any sex worker being comfortable with this situation.

This one should be a no-brainer and I don't think it's even really worth debating.

ebay used to own Paypal, but Paypal banned adult services before they were bought by ebay. I think that as long as you dont accept Paypal as a payment it would be okay.

Why risk it if there's even a shred of doubt about it being okay? This whole "receiving gifts" thing can really backfire on a model if she isn't careful. I feel like if you really want to spoil a model, her not having a wish list shouldn't stop you. Send her an e-gift card (I think almost everyone would enjoy Amazon), or give her a big tip on the cam site with a tip note saying "A gift for you. Enjoy!" That way, she knows it's a gift, and isn't asking you "Is this for the room topic? Is it to get me naked? What's this for?" :p

I don't do wish lists, but I would squeal with delight when receiving an Amazon e-gift card or a big tip.

Given that eBay owned PayPal for 12 years, I would be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS using eBay wish lists as a sex worker.

Regardless of technicalities, eBay has the same third-party seller issue as Amazon—there's no way to guarantee that a third-party seller won't disclose shipping information (potentially including names and phone numbers) to the person who has paid for an item.

From eBay's user agreement:

Privacy of Others; Marketing

If eBay provides you with information about another user, you agree you will use the information only for the purposes it is provided to you. You may not disclose, sell, rent, or distribute a user's information to a third party for purposes unrelated to the Services. Additionally, you may not use information for marketing purposes, via electronic or other means, unless you obtain the consent of the specific user to do so.

Got one seller who discloses shipping info to a buyer? Boom. Once the info is out, there's no getting it back. It doesn't matter what eBay might do to the seller's account after the fact. I can't imagine any sex worker being comfortable with this situation.

This one should be a no-brainer and I don't think it's even really worth debating.
Ive noticed that every seller on ebay uses Paypal as a payment option. A model having a wishlist on there would never workout. @AmberCutie can you close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.