AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fan Feedback

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kendra0knight

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 7, 2018
Twitter Username
@kendra0knight
Streamate Username
kendraknight
Chaturbate Username
kendra0knight
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1001652394/kendra0knight/
How often do you ask for feedback from your fans? Ever do a "focus group" before going live? For example, before I go all out and start editing and posting some of my clips, I was thinking of sending to a select few for some no shit constructive feedback. Of course, I know different strokes for different folks, but I'm wondering if this would be a valuable exercise or not. Anyone else do this or something similar?

Unless you have some fans that knows how editing and or sound mixing works the feedback will be of little value and only tell you what that particular fan likes to see. It would probably be better if you look at why the clips sell and try to figure out why on your own. Perhaps the clip was not promoted right so it sold poorly, or perhaps you found an previously unknown and untapped ear wiggling fetish which made it super successful.

The majority of times I’ve asked for feedback, it’s been “do more of exactly what I like”. I definitely wouldn’t give videos away for that. I think trial and error is the best way to go, or asking them after they’ve paid for the video how they liked it. And then be critical of the feedback, like “you spent a lot of time on buildup but very little on the action” or “the sound was kind of wonky” might be helpful but “it should be cheaper and longer and you need pigtails and red lipstick and ripped fishnets” isn’, you know?

Reactions: kendra0knight
The majority of times I’ve asked for feedback, it’s been “do more of exactly what I like”. I definitely wouldn’t give videos away for that. I think trial and error is the best way to go, or asking them after they’ve paid for the video how they liked it. And then be critical of the feedback, like “you spent a lot of time on buildup but very little on the action” or “the sound was kind of wonky” might be helpful but “it should be cheaper and longer and you need pigtails and red lipstick and ripped fishnets” isn’, you know?

Yeah, I already thought of the.."thanks for the freebies" angle. @Gen So, is that something you've personally done? ----> "asking them after they’ve paid for the video how they liked it." If so, did you find it helpful or was it..I dunno..patronizing for lack of a better word?

Reactions: Gen
Yeah, I already thought of the.."thanks for the freebies" angle. @Gen So, is that something you've personally done? ----> "asking them after they’ve paid for the video how they liked it." If so, did you find it helpful or was it..I dunno..patronizing for lack of a better word?
I once made the mistake of asking a random dude for more insight into what he liked about the video he bought, specifically the fetish because it was quite niche, and he replied like like a ten page fan fiction about his childhood and all this made up bullshit about how he got into it. It was useless trash and I was mad I’d asked.

BUT. Regulars who I like, who have seen many of my videos, have given great feedback. Again sometimes it’s more specific to their interests but it’s often been “this part was great, I kept rewinding to it” which suggested I could add more of that, or “I wish you made more eye contact” which was a good reminder to look into the camera instead of at my face. I was on Clips4Sale for a long time though so I took what sold as an indication of what to do more of.

Also, whether solicited directly or not, just remember feedback is always just one person’s opinion. I’ve had videos sell really well and had multiple dudes compliment them, only to have one guy complain that it wasn’t to his liking and it’s hard not to dwell on that. So take it all with a grain of salt and careful consideration.

• Helpful!
Not a model, only a member. So, take as you will.

Personally, I like if models can do previews of movies. I know some models do this, especially ones that they really like or want to promote. I know a top MFC model does this quite a bit with her newer stuff. It gives a glimpse into what the video is like, and perhaps may make some buy because they like what they see. otherwise, they might skip.

It's rare for me to buy videos, as I prefer to just tip the model. But, the ones I do, I usually try to give some positive feedback on things such as lighting, sound quality, editing, etc. For me, a video can be really, really hot. But, if lighting, sound, or sometimes even something odd like too loose of clothing, might drop it a notch. Same with photo sets. Unless specifically asked what my preferences are, I rarely will comment on them and try to make sure it's construtive comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.