AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favourite Comic Book Characters

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2011
Australia
Twitter Username
@YelloMit
Tumblr Username
YelloMit
MFC Username
YelloMit
For those who don't know (which is probably most of you), I'm a huge comic book fan. I loved them since I was a little kid and honestly, I think I love them now more than ever.

So I was wondering to those who are fans (hardcore or just casual), who are your favourite characters? Marvel? DC? Other?

For me personally, Deadpool is currently my favourite.

I mean, I have a tattoo (my only tattoo ATM) of him on my arm, which I love. He never fails to bring a smile to my face. I'm also ecstatic that the Deadpool movie is officially happening. I might've squealed in excitement when I first heard the news.

Anyway, how about you?

P.S:

Attachments

• c0cf5f56ed36b24d6999756972a1f4e4.jpg
    c0cf5f56ed36b24d6999756972a1f4e4.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 191
I have a million favourites but my tops are Zatanna & Aquaman. Aquaman was my fave as a kid so I think it's funny that they're making him tough & cool now :lol: Also, Kilowog.

tumblr_md789mO2Gp1r3cym7.jpg

My top five list:

*Deadpool
*Mr. Sinister
*Marrow
*Toxin
*Dr. Strange

I had a huge thing typed out gushing about each one of them but then my account timed out and I lost it. I'll probably gush about them later though.

I'm not all that into comic books but I've always loved Lobo
pszfhTSl.jpg

And Lady Death

4zirS0nl.jpg

Several greats have been mentioned. I honestly, wanted to grow up to be cat woman...or at maybe I just wanted to grow up to be Julie Newmar. I'm not sure. Either way I'm glad she didn't get hired to play Robin like she auditioned for, or I'd probably be a completely different person. XD

ZUByH77.gif

DBzxHLl.gif

YOzWWyF.gif

My favorite super hero since I was a kid has always been Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). I'm not even sure why I gravitated towards him. But, I'm a huge fan. As for non superheroes, I'd have to go with Lusiphur from Poison Elves. Drew Hayes, the creator, is now dead and they have tried to keep the book going at times, but it has never been the same. Awesome title and character.

Attachments

• PE.jpg
    PE.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 101
Actually having to think about this made it very hard to narrow it down, but here's a not very comprehensive list of my faves:

• *The Flash (I'm quite partial to the Wally West version)
    *Bigby Wolf & Rose Red from Fables
    *Zatanna
    *Iron Man (I love the original "Armor Wars" storyline from the 80's)
    *The Rocketeer
    *Robin (Tim Drake) Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
    *Sunfire
    *Colossus
    *Buffy Summers (I included her since she exists in the comic book realm now)

This thread makes me want to start a "Favorite Comic Book Stoyline" thread, a lot of my favorites are connected through specific story lines or runs on books.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch, but this will do :)

Nathaniel Essex and En Sabah Nur, aka the goat X-men animated series villians aka Mister Sinister and Apocalypse. From Wikipedia

Mister Sinister is a genetically altered human with superhuman physical and mental abilities. The character is telepathic, able to manipulate the minds of others in various ways, and is capable of energy projection through telekinesis. Using genetic material from the mutant Courier, Mister Sinister gained complete control of his body at the cellular level, allowing him to shape-shift, regenerate, and be virtually immune to injuries. The character has exhibited the ability to teleport, though Beast believes this is accomplished through his tesseract headquarters.

Mister Sinister is also a scientific genius, with expertise in the fields of biology, genetics, cloning, physics, and engineering. The character is a master manipulator and planner, with decades of genetic research at his command. He goes to great lengths to preserve his powers and personality through elaborate technological means such as conditioning certain children to be his 'hosts' in the event of his future death. However, Sebastian Shaw noted that the later discovery of cloning technology would make such a plan relatively pointless, reflecting that Sinister tends to continue pursuing old plans even when future technology offers more viable alternatives.

Apocalypse is an ancient mutant born with a variety of superhuman abilities who further augmented himself after merging with Celestial technology. The character has total control over the molecules of his body, enabling him to alter his form as it suits him, such as allowing his body to become extremely malleable and flexible or change its size, enhance his physical abilities, transform his limbs into weapons, wings, or jets, regenerate from fatal injuries, adapt his body to apparently any disease or hostile environment, and give himself virtually any physical superhuman power. The character is also able to project and absorb energy, and has displayed telepathy and telekinesis. Apocalypse is as well capable of technopathy, able to directly interface with the various technologies he has at his disposal. Thanks to the aid of his mutant abilities, special "regeneration" chambers, and changing bodies, Apocalypse has made himself effectively immortal.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse is extraordinarily intelligent, a scientific genius with knowledge in various areas of science and technology including physics, engineering, genetics and biology, that is far more advanced than conventional science. Apocalypse has knowledge of Celestial technology that he uses for his own applications, such as altering mutants or humans. Apocalypse is also a skilled demagogue and a master strategist.

Apocalypse's blood can heal other mutants, but is fatal for humans. Apocalypse's blood can also restore his de-powered mutant descendants as is seen when a large dose of Apocalypse's blood regenerates the lost body part of Chamber and gave him a look similar to Apocalypse.

Honorable mention to Doom, Magneto, Punisher, Batman and Spawn.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
GenXoxo said:
I have a million favourites but my tops are Zatanna & Aquaman. Aquaman was my fave as a kid so I think it's funny that they're making him tough & cool now :lol: Also, Kilowog.

Aquaman has always been in my top 10 - but they're not making him "tough & cool now" - he's always been tough and cool.
It's a misconception that Aquaman in the comics is the same character that was in the Super Friends cartoon. It's just that in the New 52, they're challenging those misconceptions head-on, kind of fourth-wall breaking style. Every comic book character has a period of campyness - some base their entire existence on camp (Deadpool, most overrated character ever). Those that continuously ridicule Aquaman because of internet memes, or a show from ever ago, have never really read a comic book about Aquaman.

Aquaman, he's an Arthurian king. He leads an army, can control fish, sharks, sea monsters, the Kraken, Cthulhu, even humans to an extent.

His badassery is not just new to the New 52.

anyways, my top 10 include (probably in no real order):
  1. Dick Grayson (Robin I, Nightwing, sometimes Batman)
  2. Wally West (Kid Flash, the Flash
  3. Plastic Man
  4. The Phantom Stranger
  5. Aquaman
  6. Booster Gold
  7. Lobo
  8. Red Tornado
  9. The Question
  10. Deadman
  11. Ambush Bug

yes, they're all DC characters, even though I read plenty of Marvel stuff.

yes, ambush bug is the 11th character because this is a list of 10 characters. he's the original fourth-wall breaker.

takuy said:
GenXoxo said:

Aquaman has always been in my top 10 - but they're not making him "tough & cool now" - he's always been tough and cool.
It's a misconception that Aquaman in the comics is the same character that was in the Super Friends cartoon. It's just that in the New 52, they're challenging those misconceptions head-on, kind of fourth-wall breaking style. Every comic book character has a period of campyness - some base their entire existence on camp (Deadpool, most overrated character ever). Those that continuously ridicule Aquaman because of internet memes, or a show from ever ago, have never really read a comic book about Aquaman.

Aquaman, he's an Arthurian king. He leads an army, can control fish, sharks, sea monsters, the Kraken, Cthulhu, even humans to an extent.

GenXoxo said:
Aquaman was my fave as a kid

I said nothing about the TV show so I'm not sure why you're assuming that's what my opinion is based off of? Anyways my point wasn't that he hasn't always been cool (or that I needed someone to explain his strengths.....), but rather that DC is overcompensating in their attempts to make him seem totally not like a joke. Personally as someone who's always liked Aquaman, it strikes me as funny how much they're pushing it. :twocents-02cents:

GenXoxo said:
takuy said:
GenXoxo said:

GenXoxo said:
Aquaman was my fave as a kid

I said nothing about the TV show so I'm not sure why you're assuming that's what my opinion is based off of? Anyways my point wasn't that he hasn't always been cool (or that I needed someone to explain his strengths.....), but rather that DC is overcompensating in their attempts to make him seem totally not like a joke. Personally as someone who's always liked Aquaman, it strikes me as funny how much they're pushing it. :twocents-02cents:

I'm not saying you've based anything on the TV show. I'm just saying in general, Aquaman's badassery (and his tough and coolness) is not new and how /others/ think lowly of him because of the TV show. This topic is meant to discuss favorite comic book characters, right? That's what I was doing.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.