AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Filing Taxes Even as a Dependent on Parents' Taxes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2015
Hey everyone,
So it's almost that time of the year, to file taxes. I started camming last year around July, and due to going away for college and all, I only made about $800 or so. I understand that I need to fill out my taxes. However, my parents do not know that I cam/cammed and will most likely be filling this year and putting me as a dependent... I don't know what to do? I don't want them to be audited and find out through the IRS on what I do, but at the same time I want to avoid telling them as much as I can. And obviously, tax evasion is not an option.
(btw I did not have a job in 2014, but I am currently looking for one)
Please help! Thanks so much.

I would just make up some odd jobs that I did. You didn't make much so i wouldn't think that you would need to go into too much detail when you talk about it. Maybe like dog walking, etc. simple things.

itsamour said:
I would just make up some odd jobs that I did. You didn't make much so i wouldn't think that you would need to go into too much detail when you talk about it. Maybe like dog walking, etc. simple things.

Thank you itsamour... Now, how do I go about doing this? Do I have my parents include the amount on their taxes? However, I'm not so sure how much my parents are going to believe me on this (especially my Mom) and I may have to come clean. Also... I don't know if this helps or anything, but neither I, nor my parents are US citizens. I read on the irs site or something that my parents then cannot claim me as a dependent if I'm not a US citizen. Is this true? Thanks again

JerryBoBerry said:
3rd item.

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch03.html#en_US_2014_publink1000170876

You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is a U.S. citizen, U.S. resident alien, U.S. national, or a resident of Canada or Mexico.

Wow! This is such a freaking relief! I'm going to have to make sure of this though, because I could have sworn that over the years my parents have been claiming me and my siblings (until my siblings got too old to be claimed)

**I am also 18 btw**

Nevermind, since I do have a social, as well as my parents, they are required to file for me. So looks like my Mom and I are going to have a looong, serious talk tonight! :/

You will still file a tax return like normal. The two major things that being claimed as a dependent does for you is that you lose your tax exemption, and your standard deduction is reduced. There are a bunch of little things like not being able to claim student loan interest, etc, but but outside of that, it's a normal tax return.

Unless your parents demand to see your tax return,or file your taxes for you, I don't see why you have to tell them.

Jesse0328 said:
You will still file a tax return like normal. The two major things that being claimed as a dependent does for you is that you lose your tax exemption, and your standard deduction is reduced. There are a bunch of little things like not being able to claim student loan interest, etc, but but outside of that, it's a normal tax return.

Unless your parents demand to see your tax return,or file your taxes for you, I don't see why you have to tell them.

Okay thank you.... So if my Mother files and puts me as a dependent, does she have to state how much money I made in 2014? Because if so, she will put 0 since to her, I didnt have a job. But when I file out my taxes, and put ~800 for how much I made... Will she get in trouble? (i will also put on the form that I am not a dependent of myself, so as to make sure she will get the exemption and not me)

flower271 said:
Jesse0328 said:

Okay thank you.... So if my Mother files and puts me as a dependent, does she have to state how much money I made in 2014? Because if so, she will put 0 since to her, I didnt have a job. But when I file out my taxes, and put ~800 for how much I made... Will she get in trouble? (i will also put on the form that I am not a dependent of myself, so as to make sure she will get the exemption and not me)

It will ask her if you made over $3950, which you didn't, and she'll put no. That's how claiming my sister as a dependent worked for me!

Jesse0328 said:
SaffronBurke said:
It will ask her if you made over $3950, which you didn't, and she'll put no. That's how claiming my sister as a dependent worked for me!

Gross income only applies if a taxpayer is determining whether they can claim someone as a dependent under the Qualifying Relative rules.

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p17/ch0 ... 1000170880

Weird, I used TurboTax, and that was the only income-related question they asked me about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.