AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Free Marketing tools, definitions and topics.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2016
Twitter Username
@Danepstein1
Hi, I am delving deeper into the digital advertising world and studies, so I can only see it fit to share the knowledge with my favorite community.
I have a few apps, insights, and processes to recommend, however I will start by asking which topic would you like me to tackle first:

-Scraping data from social media (in a legal and non invasive way, no foul play moves here), this can really assist understanding how to reach out on a data based approach.

-Search engines, paid ads, and organic traffic. What's the difference and who cares?

-Measuring, metrics, and analytics, the insights that the market places we work on don't share with us necessarily.

I feel like the big websites left many models and affiliates to a DIY oblivion, and as a student of digital marketing, I'd love to challenge that paradigm, with the little knowledge I have to share.
This doesn't negate the fact that there are expert marketer models on this forum already, it's just my way of trying to give back to my people.
I'm a great believer in DIY, but I'm also a great believer in sharing. I don't think that it's okay for Amazon Sellers, and Google Advertisers, to have huge data bases and courses available online, while we have to settle for much less in our community.
Feel free to suggest, grill me, etc. Love and respect, and I'm looking forward for your feedback.

Cool, I charge nothing:)
Let’s start by stating something, both organic traffic and paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM) strive for the same goal, to be relevant to users. This is where the Internet is different than TV, radio, or street signs, it’s where we appear to people who search. It’s called advertising by pulling, and not by pushing. The main difference is the intent of the user/potential prospects. The main player we focus on is not traffic in paid searches, it’s conversions. This has to translate into our industry in a way, because many engaged fans and users, didn’t receive a pop under, they searched for something.I hope I’m making sense.

Reactions: Rose
I don’t expect models to start a Google Ads campaign by the way. I want us to extract insights about the behavior of potential users/tippers/subscribers.
I’m here to provide tools of growth, not to market, and to sound eloquent. My knowledge has to perform for my people here, not just please them :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Rose and SatanJonez
@KylieJacobs , I found and started testing a cool tool called Phantom Buster. They have many free trials, and even free plans, and there's a special perk there. Everything can be extracted to a CSV/spreadsheet file. Imagine viewing a Twitter account of a webcam site, or even a personality with influence, and then extracting a list within seconds. As a former community manager, I can say that most social media CRM programs simply ignore this important and simple feature. The bot simply goes to the public profile and collects the list for you. It changes no data, nor prioritizes it. You can later sort it at ease and select what to filter. I've been using it for a few days now, and it's pretty cool: https://phantombuster.com/api-store/4130/twitter-follower-collector
-There's Instagram, FB and Linkedin there on the home page as well, simply scroll or swipe till you find the relevant network for you.
*I'm not their affiliate, and I gain nothing, I'd never make a profit by posting links on public threads here.

Let me know if this tool helps.

Hi Dan, I would love to learn more about scraping data from social media. :)
The scraping aspect is relatively easy. As Dan pointed out, there are tools to do this.

The real question is what do you do with the data you have, and that's a more complicated topic. Ideally you'd probably want to pair that data with some kind of visualization tool, or something that can help to identify trends. It's also a reason where Data Science is an exploding field and pays big $$$.

With that said...I don't know if scraping social media site data would be best for camgirls or content creators...but something that could be VERY useful is scraper for mfcshare or clipsites. Although I don't know how much information they make available. But imagine being able to see the most popular video tags that your followers purchased, or things like that. That kind of data could be extremely helpful.

Anyway...sorry for semi jacking the thread. I'm very curious about this kind of stuff in general.

Reactions: KylieJacobs
The scraping aspect is relatively easy. As Dan pointed out, there are tools to do this.

The real question is what do you do with the data you have, and that's a more complicated topic. Ideally you'd probably want to pair that data with some kind of visualization tool, or something that can help to identify trends. It's also a reason where Data Science is an exploding field and pays big $$$.

With that said...I don't know if scraping social media site data would be best for camgirls or content creators...but something that could be VERY useful is scraper for mfcshare or clipsites. Although I don't know how much information they make available. But imagine being able to see the most popular video tags that your followers purchased, or things like that. That kind of data could be extremely helpful.

Anyway...sorry for semi jacking the thread. I'm very curious about this kind of stuff in general.
You're making a salient point. Scraping public data is just the tip of the iceberg. I'm very into creating a data for dummies discussion soon.
Camsite owners will probably kill me for saying this, however I feel it should be said. When it comes to aggregating and sharing data, cam sites are behind vanilla e-commerce, what was usually the other way around.
I'll take an example from the travel industry in order to explain my point. Competing airlines, hotels and vacation rentals will share a screen real estate on Tripadvisor. The costumer is looking for a value, not necessarily the price, yet for real time data. Now, instead of being funneled by a link in a blog, to a membership website, you get a seamless process.
Importing the idea to our industry, for instance, imagine yourself looking for a brunette camgirl, and seeing who are the available ones on multiple live websites now, and then engaging? That requires some level of data cooperation. This can steal a lot of traffic from the tubes, increase awareness and acquisition. The technology is here, it's the egos involved we have to convince. As I've told many colleagues, no one is gooogling Lufthansa or Delta Airlines when they plan a vacation, it's about time we realize that no one is googling a camsite homepage as well. Millennial crowds don't give a damn about our old school brand story, they give a damn about real time data, and less clicks. This can help models and affiliates equally. Does it sound farfetched?

I have a small update. I scraped a whole facebook jobs group into a CSV file. I then isolated all the HR and recruiters in there.
I then searched for them on Linkedin, and invited them to connect. This is basically a technique from marketing for the first stage of a strategy, creating awareness, hence let the designated crowd of recruiters know you're looking for a job. Not cam related yet, but still cool, don't you think?

Okay, so the tapping from FB into Linkedin worked like a charm.
Do any of us know anything about the devices people are using in the websites we work on? Mobile, desktop, or both, and when?
I will explain why it's important in the next entry.

Okay, so I passed the Google Ads test with a 96% score (yay me, who cares anyway?).
As for mobile versus desktop traffic, I think it would be really interesting to know how many new camsite members got the first impression on a mobile, and became members on a desktop later.
The reason is because each form, or questionnaire on a mobile interface makes a drop in the acquisition. Filling out details on a mobile can be a big no no, because it's not fast and comfortable enough yet. When it comes to e-commerce, it can be awesome for 2nd purchases and so forth, but not for a sign up.
This puts the whole mobile craze in a different perspective.
I'd really appreciate your thoughts on it, because I'm getting my data from a Google Analytics interface that relates to a bundle of huge data from vanilla websites and their history.

@KylieJacobs , I found and started testing a cool tool called Phantom Buster. They have many free trials, and even free plans, and there's a special perk there. Everything can be extracted to a CSV/spreadsheet file. Imagine viewing a Twitter account of a webcam site, or even a personality with influence, and then extracting a list within seconds. As a former community manager, I can say that most social media CRM programs simply ignore this important and simple feature. The bot simply goes to the public profile and collects the list for you. It changes no data, nor prioritizes it. You can later sort it at ease and select what to filter. I've been using it for a few days now, and it's pretty cool: https://phantombuster.com/api-store/4130/twitter-follower-collector
-There's Instagram, FB and Linkedin there on the home page as well, simply scroll or swipe till you find the relevant network for you.
*I'm not their affiliate, and I gain nothing, I'd never make a profit by posting links on public threads here.

Let me know if this tool helps.

Thank you!! I'm going to look into this stuff. :happy:

I agree with you @BeautifulContradiction, one for mfcshare or clipsites would be awesome!

Reactions: Dan Epstein
Okay, so I passed the Google Ads test with a 96% score (yay me, who cares anyway?).
As for mobile versus desktop traffic, I think it would be really interesting to know how many new camsite members got the first impression on a mobile, and became members on a desktop later.
The reason is because each form, or questionnaire on a mobile interface makes a drop in the acquisition. Filling out details on a mobile can be a big no no, because it's not fast and comfortable enough yet. When it comes to e-commerce, it can be awesome for 2nd purchases and so forth, but not for a sign up.
This puts the whole mobile craze in a different perspective.
I'd really appreciate your thoughts on it, because I'm getting my data from a Google Analytics interface that relates to a bundle of huge data from vanilla websites and their history.
I feel like most mobile OS's/browsers will auto populate a lot of fields, so this isn't as big of an issue as it used to be. The trend towards responsive design also helped. Camsites also don't require that much info to signup, right? The only thing that might be obnoxious is the credit card info, but even then most phones can scan the cards now too.

Age might be another thing to consider in this regards, as a younger crowd would be less likely to struggle typing on a mobile device I imagine.

It's hard to say. I imagine the camsites themselves have a shitton of data. Dunno what they're doing with it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Dan Epstein
Hi y'all. I just started my Junior Campaign Manager journey(yay me, who cares anyway?), and hopefully it'll be official within a week or so.
There are loads of accumulating knowledge that I wish to share with people here, however, I wish to do it gradually and in a friendly way, so we can also have a discussion.
What would you like me to tackle first, Google, or Facebook?
PS, forget about what you think we knew, it's not just about algorithms and money :)

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Hi everyone, I think I should give us a little background to why Search Engine Advertising, and Social Media Advertising is different from both old school media like TV, Radio, street signs, and many forms of banner advertising on the Internet. By the way, "Old Media" still has its prestige and high level of performance.
The half time commercials during the Superbowl is perhaps the most extreme example.
Just to make it clear, I'm not discussing organic posts of brand ambassadors that become viral, and get paid by major brands. These are a handful of cases, and trust me, Mark Zuckerberg does not rely on the Kardashians for a living :)

When an ad appears in a newspaper, or a street sign for instance, there are two major data factors that are hard to measure or control.
The first is how do I know if the advertising works? Is it by the end of the year, a quarter, and how do I know if the sales actually came from there? The second is, who saw my ad, and when, and how they reacted, and who actually became a lead, or a sale? It may sound redundant, but when you pay for an online or offline presence based on big numbers alone, it's hard to tell. This is exactly where search engines and social media advertising comes in.
In google, the concept is called "Pull Advertising". I appear to someone who actually searches for my product or service, and I only pay if that someone clicks on my ad. Think about the last time you had a flat tire, and found a tow truck from a search with your phone, it was most likely a Google ad you reached to first. Someone clicked, and I know what was the price strategy, and the value of a sales lead before I went live with the campaign.
In social media networks like Facebook, the concept is different, it's "Push Advertising" but with a major twist. Old school media is mainly Push Advertising, someone pushed the commercials into the TV show, into the highway, etc. In social media, someone pushed it into my feed, or the page columns, but unlike in the before mentioned, it was selective, and I'll try to explain how.
Imagine a sign on the highway with an ad of a furniture store. Thousands drive by it every day, millions probably every year. It's impossible for me to tell how many people actually viewed it, and how many people actually came by the store. On Facebook on the other hand, I can really zoom in, on the type of crowds I wish to appear to. Age, gender, location, language, interests, hobbies, to name but a few. I can even mark the viewers, and tell which ones saw the ad, and went online to search for me (we'll get to pixels and cookies later, if someone doesn't kill the thread first). I can make the campaign strategy gradual, first engagement, then a newsletter, then a sales lead on a landing page, etc.
What's common for both Google and Facebook, is data (not personal, just big data), and how fast we can use it. I can see how an ad performs, do A/B testing, decrease or increase the budget, within a matter of minutes to hours, and these are just a few of the actions.
I hope my post didn't put you to sleep just yet. I know Facebook slammed our community over the last few years, and that Google might not be the most friendly place either. I do feel however, that many members here, models included, have vanilla business activities, and these are powerful tools, that can be used without being a top coder, or a marketing superstar (I know I'm not one). I want us to get to know more than just where the most traffic is. I believe that a wider view of how digital marketing works, will also help us be better adult industry digital marketers, models, affiliates, content creators, and entrepreneurs (all the things I'm not basically:)).
Now let's hear some questions, grievances, roasts of me etc :h:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.