AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Friend outed on Facebook

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2010
A couple weeks ago a Facebook friend posted that she had found out that one of her Facebook "friends" was stripping at bachelor parties and said that such a fate "couldn't have happened to a better bitch." BUT she wouldn't publically say whom she was referring to. I guess after this friend had told virtually EVERYONE that asked, word got back to this stripper that her secret was out! This stripper happens to be another one of my Facebook friends from back in highschool!

To all the models out there whose Adult entertainment job is still unknown to the masses, what would you do if someone blew the lid off of your litle secret?

I'd laugh and be pretty relieved. Keeping it a secret wasn't my decision and if it gets out I'd only get secondary stress from it.

Still though, for your friend I wish people wouldn't treat her like that. It's not a bad thing after all - I know a few really awesome strippers who are great people.

I blew my own lid. Figured, fuck it, if I'm gonna lose friends over it, might as well tell them myself and tell them right away. I lost a couple friends but they weren't my BEST friends. My friends & my boyfriend's family are pretty supportive of it.

Everyone I know, knows what I do. If I was keeping my job(s) a secret like what AlexLady said I'd feel a sense of relief. It's sucks that ANY job in the sex industry has a stigma attached to it, but fuck it. If you like what you're doing and you make good money, who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks?

I don't necessarily keep it under wraps because I don't want any old friends to know, but I don't want any of them ruining my cover.

Example: high school friend finds out my MFC name, tracks me down online, comes in my chat room and goes "Omg it is you, "such and such"! Oh crap does anyone else from "such and such school" or "hometown" know you do this?!"

So even if they think it's awesome and are excited for me, they can still ruin all the effort I've put in to protecting my real name and all that jazz. As proud as I am of what I do now and how successful I am, I can't let my safety be compromised. It only takes one "crazy".

As proud as I am of what I do now and how successful I am, I can't let my safety be compromised. It only takes one "crazy".

That's what worries me about the new token generating fad of raffling off dates, especially the 18 and 19 year olds. One girl even says she'll fly out of the country (USA) to meet the guy. She's a smart cookie too (pre-med) but way too naive. Granted, most of the guys will be gentlemen. However, as Amber said...It only takes one "crazy".

Oddly enough, though I am crazy I am also a gentleman. I represented the pervs well when I went up to Canada :dance:

Most of my friends know, I am terrible at hididng things from anyone who is really truly close to me. My family doesn't know but if they found out, oh well! They are relatively understanding folks, but they tend to be a bit melodramatic so I'd rather not say anything if need be.
Amber does bring up a really good point about safety though, it is one thing if you are a stripper people already know where you are but you can see them. On the internet if someone finds out your name, and they are crazy enough you can put yourself in a lot of danger. Scary scary stuff!

The only people I would worry about finding out I have decided to do this with my time, are my mother and grandmother. Just because of the crying, the lecturing, wailing about how they've failed in my upbringing, etc. Rather conservative lot. My dad is completely absentee, so eff 'im. My friends know I'm nuts and wouldn't be surprised. Once I can actually move out of mom's house into my own place, I'll be alot more comfortable. Nothing like having a good public chat going and then mom start pounding on your door and demanding to know why you have it locked. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.