AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting paid for skype

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilah_Marquise

Cam Model
Nov 6, 2018
Transylvania
www.streamate.com
Twitter Username
@marquiselilah
Streamate Username
LilahMarquise
Chaturbate Username
LilahMarquise
Okay so I got asked to do a skype show recently, but didn't have anything set up for it, so he wants to schedule something in the future. Says streamate has been freezing for him too much. (Might just be an excuse but whatever).

I'm open to it, but still figuring out the best way to get paid. I'd heard payoneer was good, but did find a blog that suggested it was no longer adult friendly? I'm also unsure about how safe my info is with them. I believe I need to sign up with my real name, but want to be careful I set it up so that stays hidden. Can anyone weigh in on this, or alternatives? Ideally I want something with easy direct deposit.

Oh, and I now have a camming skype. With a nice annoying SYNC CONTACTS NOW notice. Anyone know if there's some kind of "never ever ever ever sync my contacts" option? XD

I dont know anything about skype stuff- but just wanted to say be careful not to set any skype shows up through sm itself or even talk about it there, it is highly against the rules because it promotes off site contact. I wont even say the word on there, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I have a little saved message that says "that is against site terms of service" that I direct in chat to the member that brings it up. If you already know this, and you probably do, I apologize!

Reactions: NerdyZoey
Most girls on the forum suggest Indiebill (as per my own research on here lol), you can look it up and check the threads that were made about it to see pros and cons. I think you should search with the keyword 'Skype' too, I'm pretty sure that's how I found all relevant advice :)

If your looking to just take a few skype shows every now and again indiebill is probably the best option. If you are looking to build up your skype clientele and make skype a more regular thing cammodeldirectory is worth looking into.

I dont know anything about skype stuff- but just wanted to say be careful not to set any skype shows up through sm itself or even talk about it there, it is highly against the rules because it promotes off site contact. I wont even say the word on there, maybe I'm being paranoid, but I have a little saved message that says "that is against site terms of service" that I direct in chat to the member that brings it up. If you already know this, and you probably do, I apologize!

Don't worry, I made sure to be clear that I wasn't giving out any outside contact info! I'm a bit paranoid about being kicked off too, lol. He looked me up on twitter and messaged me about it there. Skype never got mentioned while I was on streamate. :)

Reactions: Sillykitty
There are a few factors I'd consider:

-The chargeback cover if there is.

-Does the Skype show require a plug-in in order to monitor it?

-The quality of the stream itself

-The effect on your ranking in the websites you usually get clients in. For a vanilla example, I know a very busy coder, who still processes a lot of his big clients via freelance marketplaces, because it gives him exposure to future projects.

*Take everything I say with a grain of salt, I'm not new to online, however I'm relatively new in the adult business.

Most girls on the forum suggest Indiebill (as per my own research on here lol), you can look it up and check the threads that were made about it to see pros and cons. I think you should search with the keyword 'Skype' too, I'm pretty sure that's how I found all relevant advice :)

Okay so after looking into it I think I'm going to go with Indiebill. Thanks! Are you on it? If so I'd want to sign up through a referral link so you get that bonus :)

Reactions: Lunasha
Status
Not open for further replies.