AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HD coming back soon?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested it last night and was not happy with it. A few liked it but nobody really seemed to notice a huge difference or make with the compliments like the last time they introduced HD.
Lots had problems accessing my room, white screens etc.

I won't be using it again until they improve on it.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Im going to post this for all the people who are saying the HD doesnt look HD etc.

High Definition is just like any other type of video stream. If you have bad lighting then your stream isnt going to look as good as it can.

Girls who dont have a compatible HD cam, dont try to use HD. All it'll do is look worse.

If you dont have fast enough internet to stream HD, dont stream it. It'll lag and look worse.

Models should really take into consideration how their lighting set up is. It'll make your cam look 10 times better if you figure out what works best.

I hope this helps some models. :-D

Reactions: Chamaeleon
HaileyJade said:
Im going to post this for all the people who are saying the HD doesnt look HD etc.

High Definition is just like any other type of video stream. If you have bad lighting then your stream isnt going to look as good as it can.

Girls who dont have a compatible HD cam, dont try to use HD. All it'll do is look worse.

If you dont have fast enough internet to stream HD, dont stream it. It'll lag and look worse.

Models should really take into consideration how their lighting set up is. It'll make your cam look 10 times better if you figure out what works best.

I hope this helps some models. :-D

Except that the same models in the same rooms who looked great last time they tested HD, now don't. It's just 480x360 this time, as nzhere said, not 720x480 like last time. Some studios also have models working on LJ and elsewhere in HD, and MFC's quality isn't the same.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Fuck knows what was wrong with mine but people kept complaining and as my MFC software automatically updates I had to use the web based thingeywhatsit instead. Actually I prefer it.

Browsing around a few HD cams on MFC right now, not seeing any getting stuck on white screen. Hoping they made some changes over the last day or two. Going to give it a shot again tonight.

I'm browsing in chrome and I'm still getting a ton of white screens for the girls broadcasting in HD. Some rooms are perfectly fine, others I will only have to refresh once or twice, but just now for BarbieChuu I had to refresh 11 times before her cam would load. :lol:

NoelleBright said:
I'm browsing in chrome and I'm still getting a ton of white screens for the girls broadcasting in HD. Some rooms are perfectly fine, others I will only have to refresh once or twice, but just now for BarbieChuu I had to refresh 11 times before her cam would load. :lol:

Since Saturday, I'm seeing less and less white screens. I am, however, seeing a few white screens on rooms with no "HD" logo. I gave up on Chrome during this and use FF.

Just checked 33 HD models using Iron (lt is Chrome without the reporting back to google) and all of them worked, just had to wait a few seconds for the video go from white screen to HD video.

In the last 30 minutes while viewing from the lounge, see more white screens. And room caps from model links in the lounge do not show up about 50% of the time. A blank box with green text "Preview Unavailable" shows up instead.

schlmoe said:
In the last 30 minutes while viewing from the lounge, see more white screens. And room caps from model links in the lounge do not show up about 50% of the time. A blank box with green text "Preview Unavailable" shows up instead.

Exactly the same problem for me. :crybaby:

Just came from the lounge. All room previews show up now. Out of 20 model rooms clicked, all 20 appeared. The delay for an "HD" room to appear has dropped to 2-4 second delay, which is more than acceptable. I then chose 4 "HD" rooms from the homepage, and all appeared almost instantly.

I bet they were performing live updates the last time I did this. Glad to see some improvement!

I'm using the web broadcaster for the first time and I switched it to HD (options -> advanced -> HD) but there's no "HD" in my preview image on the main page. :roll:

So... When I'm using the software to broadcast, and I select HD Video Beta in the Options & Settings, I still get this screen:

1qCR4.png

I know that I have Flash Player 11, and I have a Logitech 9000.
No idea what's up with that. :think:

Lily90x said:
So... When I'm using the software to broadcast, and I select HD Video Beta in the Options & Settings, I still get this screen:
I know that I have Flash Player 11, and I have a Logitech 9000.
No idea what's up with that. :think:
Adobe has 2 downloads for flash player. 1 for Chrome/FireFox/Opera and 1 for IE. MFC uses the IE ActiveX Flash to broadcast
http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer
Download a new ActiveX installer for your windows. I can't help with correct 32/64bit selection because I dont know yours.

There's also Flash 11.2 beta with same options. I don't recommend downloading these especially if your income depends on not breaking your computer. Adobe says the betas have better perfomance.
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-2.html

I just downloaded the Flash Player for Internet Explorer, and it's working now. I should have taken a closer look at the window that popped up and that I posted here... *facepalm* :roll:
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.