AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do I get more traffic as a new Camgirl?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2018
Twitter Username
@Lana_x_Evans
Chaturbate Username
lanaevans
Hi all!
I’ve been Camming for a little over two weeks on Chaturbate, and I’m still learning the ropes. My first few days were going really well with tips and traffic, but now it’s been really slow. I know it’s to be expected when you first start out, but I’m wondering if their is anything else I should be doing?

-I’m making an effort to post regularly on my Snapchat and Twitter

-I’m keeping my hours pretty consistent

- I have a tip menu set up, and have all my apps and bots running.

- I’m using diffused lighting, high speed internet, and a good quality webcam.

I feel like maybe I’m doing something wrong? I can’t seem to keep more than 12 people in my room at a time. I would love any suggestions on changes I should be making. Thank you so much
https://chaturbate.com/p/lanaevans/?tab=bio

Have you recently changed any settings? Like blocking? Some times people accidentally block large areas or genders.

Have you tried new hash tags?
And or looked into what tags have lots of traffic?

Not sure if intentionally done or not but you have the UK blocked, so have a look at those settings for sure.
If you are from the UK, then obviously it's understandable

Chaturbate used to be an easy site for newcomers, but it has become quite difficult for a new model to gain any traction:

1) Chaturbate has no "new model" section that I know of, so members can't go find new girls easily other than by browsing page after page.
2) The sheer amount of models online at any given time makes it nearly impossible to have any visibility when you are new.

Maybe try Myfreecams first or Periscope and once you have amasses a small following direct them to Chaturbate so you can climb pages.

Have you recently changed any settings? Like blocking? Some times people accidentally block large areas or genders.

I’ll definitely check out some of the more popular hashtags, thank you!!

Chaturbate used to be an easy site for newcomers, but it has become quite difficult for a new model to gain any traction:

1) Chaturbate has no "new model" section that I know of, so members can't go find new girls easily other than by browsing page after page.
2) The sheer amount of models online at any given time makes it nearly impossible to have any visibility when you are new.

Maybe try Myfreecams first or Periscope and once you have amasses a small following direct them to Chaturbate so you can climb pages.
Yeah, it seems like unless you’re doing really dirty things, it’s hard to gain popularity . Maybe I’ll give myfreecams a try, thank you!!

I haven’t looked into popular tags, that’s a great idea, thanks!!
Most of my family lives in the UK, so a little hesitant to unblock it. Thanks for the tips

There is a dedicated "new cams" section on cb, you need to scroll all the way down though to find it. No idea how popular it is: https://chaturbate.com/new-cams/
Same with the hashtags. Do users really use these or do we all just assume they do? I would love to have some insight here. I asked some users how they found me and the number of people who said "through your hashtags" was zero. They just skipped through the pages and found me or it was the "new" tag in the beginning that made them curious.

But yes, the number of broadcasters on chaturbate has exploded in the last few years making it harder for broadcaster who start now. Not so long ago we had about twenty pages of female performers, now 30 pages are reached each day and we might see the 40 for the first time this year.

Be consistent and be patient is the best I can say now apart from indeed trying yourself out on another site if only to have an alternative.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
There is a dedicated "new cams" section on cb, you need to scroll all the way down though to find it. No idea how popular it is: https://chaturbate.com/new-cams/
Same with the hashtags. Do users really use these or do we all just assume they do? I would love to have some insight here. I asked some users how they found me and the number of people who said "through your hashtags" was zero. They just skipped through the pages and found me or it was the "new" tag in the beginning that made them curious.

But yes, the number of broadcasters on chaturbate has exploded in the last few years making it harder for broadcaster who start now. Not so long ago we had about twenty pages of female performers, now 30 pages are reached each day and we might see the 40 for the first time this year.

Be consistent and be patient is the best I can say now apart from indeed trying yourself out on another site if only to have an alternative.

It's not just new people that use the new tag, so it's harder to find legit people, same with any tag being used wrongly.
But the "new" section attracts mostly those that try to take advantage (not just greys).
Go look in rooms over a few days in that section and you will see what i mean.

Reactions: SaffronBurke

Thank you!

Thank you! The new model section that for the life of me I could never find will be really helpful for my room raids. I would assume nobody uses it since I couldn’t find it myself. On MFC the “new” section is very prominent and popular too which is why I recommend trying over there to see if your luck improves. MFC has much less traffic but tippers spend more so it hopefully evens out.

Edit: I seem to be getting a 404 when I click on the link you posted for new cams :/

Thank you! The new model section that for the life of me I could never find will be really helpful for my room raids. I would assume nobody uses it since I couldn’t find it myself. On MFC the “new” section is very prominent and popular too which is why I recommend trying over there to see if your luck improves. MFC has much less traffic but tippers spend more so it hopefully evens out.

Edit: I seem to be getting a 404 when I click on the link you posted for new cams :/

I use the new cams feature although I sort of found it by accident. CB should make it more prominent imo. You can also also make it more specific by adding the gender, for example https://chaturbate.com/new-cams/female/ or switch out female for whichever other gender you want to watch.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
Hi all!
I’ve been Camming for a little over two weeks on Chaturbate, and I’m still learning the ropes. My first few days were going really well with tips and traffic, but now it’s been really slow. I know it’s to be expected when you first start out, but I’m wondering if their is anything else I should be doing?

-I’m making an effort to post regularly on my Snapchat and Twitter

-I’m keeping my hours pretty consistent

- I have a tip menu set up, and have all my apps and bots running.

- I’m using diffused lighting, high speed internet, and a good quality webcam.

I feel like maybe I’m doing something wrong? I can’t seem to keep more than 12 people in my room at a time. I would love any suggestions on changes I should be making. Thank you so much
https://chaturbate.com/p/lanaevans/?tab=bio
I just saw your profile, you're so pretty, I've known stories of girls who did not reach a good position in chaturbate until after months and up to a year, many do not have a comfortable life economically before two years..
continues to struggle, success is not bought in the supermarket

I use the new cams feature although I sort of found it by accident. CB should make it more prominent imo. You can also also make it more specific by adding the gender, for example https://chaturbate.com/new-cams/female/ or switch out female for whichever other gender you want to watch.
Yeah, I had no idea about this!! I'm definitely going to give this a try, thanks!

I had no idea about the new cams section, I'll definitely check that out! Thanks for the tips

o ide

Not sure if intentionally done or not but you have the UK blocked, so have a look at those settings for sure.
If you are from the UK, then obviously it's understandable

I think Brett has found your problem. Based on Brett's post, I brought up your profile on a VPN browser and it shows your location at a specific US location. I was able to see your profile from the VPN, but your US location makes it very weird that Brett in the UK was blocked. That was a clue to me, so I brought up your profile from other US locations, and they were ALL BLOCKED.

The reason that you have such low viewer counts may be that someone has blocked large numbers of locations in your Settings & Privacy tab..

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lelo1
clicked your Chaterbate link and your Bio page came up with no problem , am in the SC area

I think Brett has found your problem. Based on Brett's post, I brought up your profile on a VPN browser and it shows your location at a specific US location. I was able to see your profile from the VPN, but your US location makes it very weird that Brett in the UK was blocked. That was a clue to me, so I brought up your profile from other US locations, and they were ALL BLOCKED.

The reason that you have such low viewer counts may be that someone has blocked large numbers of locations in your Settings & Privacy tab..
I have the U.K. Blocked mostly because most of my family lives there. I was mostly concerned about the wrong people finding me, so I blocked locations where I had large amounts of family. I'm wondering now though if maybe I should unblock it.

Yeah, the US shouldn't be blocked. I only have 3 states blocked at the moment (where large amounts of family live)

Okay, so probably this is not the reason then. You might try to unblock everything just for a few days and see does that dramatically change the result. If yes you need to further explore those settings. If not, then I guess you can block as you need to and the bad result is due to something else.

I have a model I follow who is in a similar position to you. She is fairly new, never has more than maybe 20 people in her room. She is incredibly sexy and performs well. It almost feels like her account is in some special status.

Okay, so probably this is not the reason then. You might try to unblock everything just for a few days and see does that dramatically change the result. If yes you need to further explore those settings. If not, then I guess you can block as you need to and the bad result is due to something else.

I have a model I follow who is in a similar position to you. She is fairly new, never has more than maybe 20 people in her room. She is incredibly sexy and performs well. It almost feels like her account is in some special status.
Thanks for the advice, I tried unblocking them last night, and it was still incredibly low traffic . Not sure what I'm doing wrong!

Following! We just signed up for Chaturbate as well. After our first stream we made about a buck 80 in cash from tokens lol, and went for two hours ! We did get ten followers though, so that's goodish right

Let affiliates and SEO's think about traffic. Have one more follower who's engaged per day, and he beats 1500 clicks from a pop under, or an embedded ad. I believe in you :h:

I agree with the advice, but what are the best methods to get the customer you engage to keep coming back?

I agree with the advice, but what are the best methods to get the customer you engage to keep coming back?
I think a model told me a tip a few months ago when I started using my own Twitter:
“Would you follow you? If indeed so, why?” Even if the answer is “because I’m interesting and cute”, you’re on the right track.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osyrus
Following! We just signed up for Chaturbate as well. After our first stream we made about a buck 80 in cash from tokens lol, and went for two hours ! We did get ten followers though, so that's goodish right
I feel your pain! It's so hard to get started and have consistent money coming in. Send me your info and I'll follow you

I used to looooove CB a few years ago, I found the easiest way to bring a crowd in was to keep my goals small and just have a lot of them.
Or give away prizes that you can do in room (not just videos and stuff, like BJ tease or spanks or whatever).
Obviously the more you have going on, the better on CB because like a solid 93% of your room will be greys or anons, but you need them to want to watch so you can climb the pages.
So just keeping the room engaged and keeping yourself active on cam will up your chances of bringing in customers. Personality is key because there's soooo much sex happening at anytime, you need to find a nice balance of interesting and sexual.

Honestly though, I went back after taking a break from camming and I just don't have the patience for CB anymore. :(

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lelo1
Status
Not open for further replies.