AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How Do You Pronounce the Word "Crayon"?

• "Cray-on" ("on" sounds like the beginning of the word "awning")

Votes: 59 74.7%
  • "Cray-an" ("an" sounds like the an sound in the word "ant")

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • "Cran" (like the first syllable of "cranberry")

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • "Crown" (like royalty wears)

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They also said "dishwarsher"

Yep, in the Midwest, we warsh things. Back in the day, you'd haul water from the crik (creek) to do your warsh. And your dawg would come with you. Our accent is horrendous, I mock it constantly.

Reactions: n_i_c_u
I do it like "Cray" as in crayfish, and "on" as in how Luke would say Han Solo minus the 'H' and "Solo," which seems close to 'awning' I think. :) (I really have this nagging want to watch Empire Strikes Back for some reason).

Yep, in the Midwest, we warsh things. Back in the day, you'd haul water from the crik (creek) to do your warsh. And your dawg would come with you. Our accent is horrendous, I mock it constantly.
Say what you will, but most journalists are trained to speak in a "midwestern accent," because ours is supposedly understood best by most of the country.

Personally, I think the news should always be read in a Brooklyn accent. :p

Say what you will, but most journalists are trained to speak in a "midwestern accent," because ours is supposedly understood best by most of the country.

My family in particular (we've lived in Iowa for generations) has this weird accent that's part "tv midwest accent", part Southern drawl. It may be due to being farmers, I've noticed city folk have a slightly different accent from us, while small-town folks and other farmers talk more like we do. My grandpa in particular has a very strong version of whatever accent it is that we have - he pronounces dog like "daaaawwwg", and I'm not exaggerating in the length.

I was involved in an argument about this today. I say "cray-on" like it is spelled, but the person I was arguing with says "cran". I remember being in kindergarten and hearing someone pronounce it like the word "crown" for the first time and seriously not knowing what the fuck they were talking about.

How do you pronounce it?

I use to say "crown" like what the royalty wears because I couldnt pronounce it properly haha. However, I can now say it how others say it... "cray-on" It still sounds so weird to me when I say it, I dont know why. :D

Reactions: AlyssaYoung
Status
Not open for further replies.