AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How long did it take you to become successful at camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarSpirit

Cam Model
Sep 9, 2019
Lost in thoughts
Twitter Username
@_StarSpirits
MFC Username
StarSpirit
Streamate Username
StarSpirit
Chaturbate Username
jelibeliiii
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002135455/StarSpirit/
Hello model friends!

I was wondering- how long (day/ months/ years) did it take for you to build your career, attract regulars and big tippers, and just log on and feel like it's finally looking great? Did you stream everyday for 8 hours? Or just log on from time to time and just kind of naturally or luckily make it work?

I have started in June on CB, but felt really shy. So I kind of procrastinated and was not on much. In August I first broadcasted on MFC and the first (5?) days were really great! But I had to leave for a few days and could not stream and I have not been able to gain that much "attention" really. I have a few regulars, but sadly they appear to be online at very different times. And I know - I cannot expect to have everything when I only just started - but I was wondering how long did it take you to be at peace. To know that when you log on the next day, there will be people who will talk to you, who will tip you. (I know there are very bad days even for famous models, but still)

Thank you for your answers! I hope you all have a wonderful day ♥
-Eli

It took me 10 months of camming before quitting my full time job and camming full time instead even then I wasnt 100 per cent confident I could make it work probably after camming for about a year I started to feel confident that I could make my high targets and there will always be quiet times but if your in this for the long run then it will pick up... it's something you have to build up over time that's why its good to do as a hobby or for some extra cash to begin with instead of solely relying on it as an income everyone has different ideas about being what successful means so it will be different for everyone I just always worried and never realised how good I was actually doing just set your goals and work hard and more hours to get there

Also with camming you only need one good day out of 10 bad days to bring you closer to your goal or one single tipper that will tip the rest of your wages for the week you can make a lot of money really quickly but you can also do a lot of hours and make barely anything almost like Russian rulet

My story of how success gets smaller. It was supposed to be funny, guess the joke didn't take off.

My story of how success gets smaller. It was supposed to be funny, guess the joke didn't take off.

Sorry, thought for a while that you were making fun of me (my brain likes to imagine that people are always mean to me). Well that happens probably more often than those "success" stories, with how many people try to do this. But you never know what life has in store for you! I just wish everyone could succeed in what they love, but world is not very fair. Hope you are doing good tho :)

It took me 3 months to make a living wage to where I could quit my day job and a full year of camming non stop to hit a level of hrly earnings I considered "successful"

This was in 2010-11 so things have only gotten tougher. I also got lucky that first few months w a whale tipper who boosted my camscore significantly and therefore my traffic. I "made" that luck by being online though...

It sounds like u are very new to being consistent on cam. It will take much longer than a few weeks to get traction that is sustainable.

I was lucky because I was successful from day 1, but I was on all day every day doing all I could and didn’t let go no matter how hard it got after the new tag expired. It took me 6 months to finish a month in the top 100 and finding my style.

It took me 3 months to make a living wage to where I could quit my day job and a full year of camming non stop to hit a level of hrly earnings I considered "successful"

This was in 2010-11 so things have only gotten tougher. I also got lucky that first few months w a whale tipper who boosted my camscore significantly and therefore my traffic. I "made" that luck by being online though...

It sounds like u are very new to being consistent on cam. It will take much longer than a few weeks to get traction that is sustainable.

Thank you for your answer. Indeed I was not very consistent but am trying to improve. Just need to figure out my stuff. I am fully aware that I cannot be successful right away, but I find it inspiring to hear from others - it actually helps me keep going :)

I was lucky because I was successful from day 1, but I was on all day every day doing all I could and didn’t let go no matter how hard it got after the new tag expired. It took me 6 months to finish a month in the top 100 and finding my style.

That's really great! But I am not surprised, you are very lovely on cam. Just wanted to say that I actually really admire you (sorry for this awkward fangirl moment). You are actually one of the models that helped me get into camming. I find it amazing what a lovely community you have. Thank you for your answer♥

Reactions: Mila_
I dove right in and quit my FT corporate job and crossed my fingers! I have been camming a little over a year now, and there's still no rhyme or reason to a shitty day and an amazing day. You never know what you're going to get when you hit the broadcast button. There are days when I feel like I look hot and that I'm going to kill it, and I make $5 an hour, and there are days where I put little effort in and wind up breaking my previous daily record. Gotta just roll with it, and that is HARD to do because it's so mental. For most of us, it's full of ups and downs. It's not uncommon (for me, at least) to have a couple crappy token days, get down, make myself get on the next day and kill it and make up for all the previous crap days. I have a friend who is just starting out and I know she's already doubting herself, but I told her the only way she's going to have any success is to be on as much as she can, and to be consistent.
But, to answer your question, I started making just as much camming 4-5 hours a day as I did FT almost right off. Sometimes a little less, and rarely more, but that was good enough for me. It has slowly been increasing over time- I'm not a top model and my camscore is not impressive right now, but as long as I can justify not going back out into the traditional workforce, I'm staying put. In my opinion, if you don't have success immediately, like @Mila_ (which seems pretty rare, but very impressive), you just have to be ok with putting in your time and being patient.

Success is a broad term. 3k a month is successful to one person, where another it may be 10k a month.

It took me two years to become what I considered successful which for me was 5k a month. I’ve never worked more than 8 hours a day on cam, max 2-3 hour shifts each day. I winged it, I was myself and didn’t force it to happen.

However my view of success has changed. In my opinion if you are earning enough to live, pay your bills with a little extra for luxuries and working any less hours than a “normal job” then I consider that successful.

I don’t earn what I used to earn because I put less effort in now. I currently earn enough to live & pay bills with some extra but I only work about 2-4 hours a week max. I could earn more but I choose not to.

DP just a heads up and this is something I wish someone told me at the start.

Work enough to be consistent. Most girls here will tell you consistency is key, this is very crucial. Whether your consistency is 8 hours a day or 3 hours a day. 7 days a week or 4 days a week. Just find a schedule that suits you and stay consistent, don’t make it unreasonable hours that you cannot maintain over the years.

Which brings me to advice point #2 don’t work too much to the point you face burnout. Burnout is very common in this industry, we realise how much money we can make, we get greedy and work 24/7 and then bam two months later it all become too much and we’re out of work because burnout has got hold of us.

I think 8 hours on cam is extreme, this isn’t like sitting in an office where 50% of your work is auto pilot. Your on cam entertaining with full mental focus. So 8 hours on cam is like 16 hours in the office.
I think 4 hour cam shifts max is a good amount to earn enough but not burnout.

i also think over exposure is a thing, doing this 7 days a week is also going to lead to burnout and i think it’s important for tippers to get a day or two to miss models, I think 5 days a week is a good maximum.

I know everyone is different but I think avoiding burnout and being consistent is very important when doing this job.

I dove right in and quit my FT corporate job and crossed my fingers! I have been camming a little over a year now, and there's still no rhyme or reason to a shitty day and an amazing day. You never know what you're going to get when you hit the broadcast button. There are days when I feel like I look hot and that I'm going to kill it, and I make $5 an hour, and there are days where I put little effort in and wind up breaking my previous daily record. Gotta just roll with it, and that is HARD to do because it's so mental. For most of us, it's full of ups and downs. It's not uncommon (for me, at least) to have a couple crappy token days, get down, make myself get on the next day and kill it and make up for all the previous crap days. I have a friend who is just starting out and I know she's already doubting herself, but I told her the only way she's going to have any success is to be on as much as she can, and to be consistent.
But, to answer your question, I started making just as much camming 4-5 hours a day as I did FT almost right off. Sometimes a little less, and rarely more, but that was good enough for me. It has slowly been increasing over time- I'm not a top model and my camscore is not impressive right now, but as long as I can justify not going back out into the traditional workforce, I'm staying put. In my opinion, if you don't have success immediately, like @Mila_ (which seems pretty rare, but very impressive), you just have to be ok with putting in your time and being patient.

Thank you for your answer! It is very hard mentally, indeed. It is very easy to start doubting oneself when you see many people who are doing really great. But hey, they also started from scratch. We should not give up. Tell your friend I wish her the best of luck! She can do it!
And about @mila ... well I saw her youtube vid a while ago and I can say that I believe she deserved it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gia_Xo
@Valentina Thank you for your answer! And thank you for the tips as well! You are completely right, with the burnout and everything. If you push yourself too hard (and especially if don't see great results) it will only make you doubt yourself. Again thank you very much ♥

It took me 8 months to crawl from the depths of page 7 on Streamate to the top rows. I streamed everyday sametime. Five days a week. Once in the morning and the other time would be in evening.

Consistency is key. I'm actually shocked I have been able to maintain my placement with my elusive schedule because of my health. Sometimes I will lose my placement a bit, but I have built up an audience and reputation that will drop what they are doing just to get a show with me. Next day I will be a lot higher or back to where I was. I do not recommend this at all.

Also when you do shows, put on a show. Give them something they will remember that will make them want more. I put the same energy in a 2 minute private that I would for a 15 minute block. I always try to aim for an orgasm when I cum.

I have joined in shows where models look dead while they touch themselves. No emotion and being very static. I'm not saying be obnoxious and over exaggerate. Smile, flirt, tease, laugh. And the most important is to have fun with your shows. Look like you are enjoying yourself.

My situation, for example , is how long did it take to be unsuccessful?
In the beginning everything was super cool, i enjoyed being in front of camera, talking, having fun with members, show my body, doing hardcore shows but 1 year ago everything stopped!!!
It was the last academic year and i really could not pay for my tuition because the earnings decreased significantly. I borrowed money to pay University tuition fees and " la vie continue" !
On Chaturbate i have 120 k followers but when i am online i have maximum 100 members including grey's & anonymous.
I was asking myself wth ??? I sent 100 emails to CB stuff but nobody gave me an answer what has happenned to my account, why people are not coming ?

A couple of years ago i was in top 50 everyday and now if i go online my room is nr.300-400 from 3k-4k models online.
So, after finishing my studies i decided to move somewhere i could get a real job !
I moved to London !! You need to understand that its super hard to get a job in London for foreigners. The only options i had is to work in the hotels ,warehouses,constructions,as care asssistant and many lowest-paying jobs.
My life changed a few months ago when i found a nice job in the french community as a Sale's Assistant !
Last month i was promoted to Manager's Assistant and im super happy and proud of myself !
I dont know if in the near future i'll be a full time cam model again but i wish all the best and lot of tokens in your rooms !!!!
Thank you for your time reading my story !
Chursssss!!!!

Last edited:
In the beginning everything was super cool, i enjoyed being in front of camera, talking, having fun with members, show my body, doing hardcore shows but 1 year ago everything stopped!!!
It was the last academic year and i really could not pay for my tuition because the earnings decreased significantly. I borrowed money to pay University tuition fees and " la vie continue" !
On Chaturbate i have 120 k followers but when i am online i have maximum 100 members including grey's & anonymous.
I was asking myself wth ??? I sent 100 emails to CB stuff but nobody gave me an answer what has happenned to my account, why people are not coming ?

A couple of years ago i was in top 50 everyday and now if i go online my room is nr.300-400 from 3k-4k models online.
So, after finishing my studies i decided to move somewhere i could get a real job !
I moved to London !! You need to understand that its super hard to get a job in London for foreigners. The only options i had is to work in the hotels ,warehouses,constructions,as care asssistant and many lowest-paying jobs.
My life changed a few months ago when i found a nice job in the french community as a Sale's Assistant !
Last month i was promoted to Manager's Assistant and im super happy and proud of myself !
I dont know if in the near future i'll be a full time cam model again but i wish all the best and lot of tokens in your rooms !!!!
Chursssss!!!!
That sucks camming didnt work out for you I still sometimes worry that will happen to me when I have slow times but every time I work harder it gets better did you ever find out why? Did you have time off or change your schedule or ask your regulars? Glad you found a regular job that you like now that's the main thing :)

Reactions: lina_diamond

Chursssss!!!!

Sorry to hear that! Sounds like a very weird bug... I actually watched a vid form a youtuber and something very similar happened to her account. She ended up making a new one and starting from scratch. But I hope you are at least happy and content. You can always give it another try ;)

• Hugs

Chursssss!!!!

was this by any chance around when the algorithm changed?

I do not know exactly when algorithm changed but the crash on my account was last months of the year 2017.
Until now there is no change!
It is impossible to stream a few hours per day and get 1000 followers during 1 year! Its super strange!
Every model can gain 1000 followers in a week,a couple of weeks or at least one month if she is broadcasting every day-not one year !
In conclusion, i just gave up and tried to find my luck in real world with real people and i succeed! Maybe, one day ill follow your advice to open a new account and give it a try...
Thank you very much for your support! 😘🌟🌟

That sucks camming didnt work out for you I still sometimes worry that will happen to me when I have slow times but every time I work harder it gets better did you ever find out why? Did you have time off or change your schedule or ask your regulars? Glad you found a regular job that you like now that's the main thing :)
No, i did not find out why it happened to me...i had time off just during my periods in rest i was online almost everyday! I was broadcasting 4-5 hours per day because of my studies, and maximum i could earn was 400- 500$ per month. I did not lived - i survived! The best solution for me was simple, to quit!

Chursssss!!!!

Hello !! I'm on Chaturbate too and you says " i was in top 50 " where can models see this top ? never heard about that !
Thank you so much

Hello !! I'm on Chaturbate too and you says " i was in top 50 " where can models see this top ? never heard about that !
Thank you so much
Ohh...i was confusing you ..im sorry...it was just an example...i mean that i always was on the first 8-10 raws from first page...
I know that on cb there is just TOP 10 models.

Chursssss!!!!
I've been on cb for about a year and only have 38 followers my room count usually sits between 100 to 200 but can get upto 600 to 700 and yet I still twice as much if not more than my old retail job I try to not focus so much on page placement and number of followers even though I still do I think on an average night i was on page 5... but what ive learnt is its quality over quantity doesnt matter how many ppl you have in your room

Status
Not open for further replies.