AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How much difference does a models backdrop make?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2011
I've seen models cam from tiny bedrooms, big luxurious looking bedrooms, mansions, gardens etc etc

I think it definitely gives you a different first impression depending on the models backdrop + it gives a different atmosphere and ambiance

I guess it's kind of the same as clothes in a way

Sometimes I will see a model wearing some fancy type of lingerie and heels but she will be sitting on a beat up couch; just doesn't match you know

Not to offend anyone, but personally I think it puts me off when a models room looks like a funfair, spinning wheels, whiteboards, giant teddies, sparkly lights, signs all over the walls

^ There's levels to that of course, a bit of that or things on their own I don't mind but when it's the whole room just packed with camming stuff.. I guess I just prefer a "girl next door in a normalish home" than professional full time cam girl set up

Is there any type of setting you prefer? is there one that would put you off a model? does it make no difference?

Reactions: Mila_ and fandango
Not to offend anyone, but personally I think it puts me off when a models room looks like a funfair, spinning wheels, whiteboards, giant teddies, sparkly lights, signs all over the walls

I don't like it either. It reminds me of a bazaar for hookers. I'm sure it helps make sales easily with a spinning wheel since it's more visual. Just not my style.

I want to get some kind of soft string light backdrop for my room because I think my comic book background is a little to muchness. A pic so you see what I'm saying. The string lights aren't there anymore and were just there as a night light.
I want something more like this eventually, but really like my comics up for now before I get something else.

Attachments

• IMG_0736.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 90

^ There's levels to that of course, a bit of that or things on their own I don't mind but when it's the whole room just packed with camming stuff.. I guess I just prefer a "girl next door in a normalish home" than professional full time cam girl set up

I agree, I find the over-professionalism off putting. It's a hard line to get right between not looking too disorganised, to the perfect middle ground and going over and then it becoming too much.

I want to get some kind of soft string light backdrop for my room because I think my comic book background is a little to muchness. A pic so you see what I'm saying. The string lights aren't there anymore and were just there as a night light.
I want something more like this eventually, but really like my comics up for now before I get something else.

Well, I can't see much of anything in that picture beyond the menagerie of cuteness on the bed. Must...pet...them...all...

With that out of the way, I don't mind the backdrop being very "camgirl" as long as the girl looks like she's enjoying her gimmick. What I'm saying is that the backdrop needs to match the girl's personality. If they clash, as is often the case with tacky cam studio backdrops, it just takes you out of the situation. It all needs to flow.

While I've got that fairy light curtain thing going on myself and can say that it is pretty fun, I think what you've got adds personality and something to chat about to your room! And I agree with @Tracerhead there's much cutes going on in that pic. :)

also
I dislike it when a model has TOO much going on at once. I understand trying to juggle a few things to entice different sorts of tippers, but a wheel, painted names on the wall, multi colored lights, 3 game boards around on the floor... yes it's like a circus. I try to only have a couple of extras visible in my room and usually only during mega months. A white board and some names on the wall is as busy as I prefer (and my fairy lights are dainty enough not to be annoying I hope.)

Well, I can't see much of anything in that picture beyond the menagerie of cuteness on the bed. Must...pet...them...all...
Those animals are just, omg. So cute. I wake up every morning with not an inch of bed space free. Every one told me cats do their own things and don't feel the need to cuddle constantly, they lied. They also said rots, even just mixes, were mean. Liars, the all of them.

I should say, when I'm camming, my bed is all gray and made, you only see the comic background rather than the tapestries, and it's well lit. I just love how soft the light looks in girls' rooms with the "fairy lighting."

Personally, I do not really care what models do as far with their background and clothing style. However, I believe that if you are going to put tons of effort into busy backgrounds and fancy lingerie then your shows better live up to the hype.

I've seen models cam from tiny bedrooms, big luxurious looking bedrooms, mansions, gardens etc etc

I think it definitely gives you a different first impression depending on the models backdrop + it gives a different atmosphere and ambiance

I guess it's kind of the same as clothes in a way

Sometimes I will see a model wearing some fancy type of lingerie and heels but she will be sitting on a beat up couch; just doesn't match you know

Is there any type of setting you prefer? is there one that would put you off a model? does it make no difference?

I dont really focus too much on trying to make my room look like a camroom. I cam in my bedroom so i just have my bed, some brightly colored girly decorations i like, a bookshelf with the books i read before bed and a long mirror so i can sweet talk my sexy self before cam and so the guys can see my twin dancing with me. No wheels, teddy bears or comic poster.. Maybe i should step it up a bit. Haha.

Reactions: Tracerhead
Personally, the background reflects the model in the same way that clothing does. I will judge a model based on what she displays, unless it isn't her room (studio etc.).

In my case wealth has made little difference. I have cammed in all types of homes. When I started camming I had a stark 1 bedroom apartment with a couple of Ikea fabric couches on the background. I put up some string lights and cammed from there. It was great. Then I moved to a beautiful loft that looked quite expensive, it was hard to figure out the light settings because it had a concrete floor that absorbed all the lights, but my income didn't change. Then I moved to Japan for a while to a matchbox size apartment, it was tiny but had great design, it kinda looked like a coffee shop or something because it had shelves and plants and stuff on the back. I did great there. And now I am in a very big 1898 parisian apartment with marble fireplaces and creaky chevron floors. It is beautiful and even though it isn't the most expensive place I have lived in, it does look the most expensive. I still do great. So I think wealth doesn't matter much.

What does matter I have found is light conditions. When I was in Japan the apartment had huge windows and because there is a 12 hour difference with the US I cammed during the day. I had more traffic than I do when I cam at night simply because there was so much beautiful light pouring in and bouncing off everything. Daylight is much better in my opinion than any artificial lighting. When I cammed on the loft it was hard at the beginning because it was too dark, the room was too big, the ceilings too high, the walls were glass windows, so bouncing light off surfaces was simply impossible. When I finally figured it out I did great but I did struggle a little bit at the beginning when the light was sub-par.

Same thing with contrast... having a contrasting background is important. I have dark hair and I have noticed that when I wear dark clothing or I sit on a dark chair I attract less viewers simply because my hair melts with the background or my clothing and it is just confusing to see what is going on. That is why I had a white chair and a grey chair. When I wore dark clothes I would wear my hair up and sit on the white chair. When I wore a white tee I would let my hair down and sit on the gray chair. That way it was always easy to tell where each part started and ended.

I think the outfit, i am a sucker for lingerie, is important.

I think the room can be just about any style but not cluttered so much that it distracts from the model, that is subjective but it is my two cents. One to two, camgirl games are fine, lights are good but you need to be careful they do not come off too bright. I don't want to look into a room and think, WTF is that? I would think a model would want our focus on them, not their unfinished takeout, or there 20 yr old teddy bear with one eye missing, their pile of laundry, their nasty looking furniture. or whatever. Camming is a show, dress it up a little, I think you can get a few more tokens from that, imho.

Imho rooms with good lighting, a game object or two, a mirror is always nice, I want the model to be comfortable so whatever she needs to do that I am for.

Same thing with contrast... having a contrasting background is important. I have dark hair and I have noticed that when I wear dark clothing or I sit on a dark chair I attract less viewers simply because my hair melts with the background or my clothing and it is just confusing to see what is going on. That is why I had a white chair and a grey chair. When I wore dark clothes I would wear my hair up and sit on the white chair. When I wore a white tee I would let my hair down and sit on the gray chair. That way it was always easy to tell where each part started and ended.

I think this is so important for girls with dark hair to know! It took me a long time to realize why I looked bad in photos with a black t-shirt; it really does all meld together and look weird. Good idea about the chairs!

Reactions: Mila_
I don't know if this will make much sense, but something that has slowly become off-putting for me is the typical studio camgirl room. They all see to have the same decorator, padded headboard, pink walls or sheets, and a big Marilyn Monroe quote on the wall. I don't have anything against studio girls in general, but seeing them all in the same room, despite being spread across the world just throws me.

also music, dont play loud music. I perfer no music, but i know a lot of memebers enjoy some good tunes in the backround

i know a lot of memebers enjoy some good tunes in the backround
And most models feel awkward as fuck wiggling around or masturbating in a silent room...

I don't know if this will make much sense, but something that has slowly become off-putting for me is the typical studio camgirl room. They all see to have the same decorator, padded headboard, pink walls or sheets, and a big Marilyn Monroe quote on the wall. I don't have anything against studio girls in general, but seeing them all in the same room, despite being spread across the world just throws me.

I can't agree more. The tackiness of studio rooms just adds to the air of bored desperation some of those girls exude. Although I have been amused browsing the Russian section of Chaturbate, and trying to see how many of the same rooms I can find.

Reactions: Booty_4U
And most models feel awkward as fuck wiggling around or masturbating in a silent room...
...definitely make some noise, it can be the best part; even better than the show.

On a serious note, the sound does need to be balanced, especially in private. Silence isn't sexy at all for most of us (which was your point).
Loud music is a definite turn off, even if it is good; most of us would rather hear the model make some noise than our favourite artist (matt's point).

From camming in an empty room to something big and extravagant, if she is engaging in the crowd, has good sound and lighting, she's going to do great with time and consistency. Some of those rooms with the spin wheels won't be like that all the time. Just on game nights. It's good, however, to switch things up...some days will be getting ready for a shower show, others in the kitchen rubbing chocolate on you, and another day outside for those who like the public scene. etc. etc.

Not to mention that it would get so BORING without it. It's pretty easy for members to not recognize how things would feel from a models end on this I guess, as they get to hear us and that's entertaining, but unless we have music playing we hear nothing. Its weird and off-putting.
Playing music helps my mood and keeps me upbeat and engaging so I play it for me more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.