AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to get rid of Obs black side bars

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2019
California
Does anyone know why I'm dealing with OBS black side bars in my livestreams and how to fix it. It started happening when I reinstalled video capture cause I accidentally deleted it instead of an image. I also just noticed today the side black bars don't appear when I double cam which is odd cause I've always double cammed.

Does anyone know why I'm dealing with OBS black side bars in my livestreams and how to fix it. It started happening when I reinstalled video capture cause I accidentally deleted it instead of an image. I also just noticed today the side black bars don't appear when I double cam which is odd cause I've always double cammed.
It has to be a resolution issue between what your cam software sees and what your cam site requires. Is it on MFC?

And again with the visual aid for ease:

go to sources, rightclick your cam and select properties
bb1.PNG

Here make sure your Resolution/FPS type is set to Custom and the line below set your max resolution for example 1920x1080
bb2.PNG
Hit ok to apply

Next click on the video preview in middle (a red border should appear around video to show it's selected) and rightclick, in context menu go to Transform and select Fit to screen
bb3.PNG

Doing these steps should eliminate empty black bars around your video while streaming.

yes,
Actually, the need is to have the same resolution on these 3 points : cam source, Frame and Output of your video broadcast
with this example : 1566578683178.png cam should be adjusted also at 1280x720 (or a similar ratio, but it's not necessary to complicate if you just stream)

Else, adjusting with ctrl-F would show you enlarged or too slim ; ) and not adjusting will add black bars Over and Under or Left and Right depending on this difference.

View attachment 81707

Here make sure your Resolution/FPS type is set to Custom and the line below set your max resolution for example 1920x1080
View attachment 81708
Hit ok to apply

Next click on the video preview in middle (a red border should appear around video to show it's selected) and rightclick, in context menu go to Transform and select Fit to screen
View attachment 81709

Doing these steps should eliminate empty black bars around your video while streaming.
I tried something different and it seemed to have done the trick. I had my preset at 1280x720 than

View attachment 81707

View attachment 81708
Hit ok to apply

View attachment 81709

I thought the last step would do the trick but it didn't :-/ where can I find the resolution/fps cause I can't seem to locate it.

Yeah so your webcam is showing as 4:3 in your obs. Click your webcam in the source and set it to 720

Reactions: Choppedliver
Status
Not open for further replies.