AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I stopped tipping camgirls to save money, now they are getting desperate!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was talking about, and some of the cam girls responding confirmed, is the idea that the entire personality of the cam girl is fake, and she should feel free to lie all she wants, about everything

George-Costanza-Its-not-a-lie.gif

Bottom line is, 99% chance you are giving the girl online money to help her out and will never meet her in person (and a good percentage are prob making money for them and their bfs). So keep this in mind, that your basically paying for someone else to live and for your own personal entertainment as well.
The OP said this ^^. We are saying he, and people who share his exasperation at this fact, need to realize that's what camming is. Paying a model for online entertainment that is highly powered-up by her ability to serve a fantasy purpose. You're not going to meet her, you won't know her real name, you may never know her real relationship status.

Cam girls sell fantasy. We all hope that majority of our members realize this and don't feel this exasperatedly duped shock at it.
It's impossible to respond to every post, because they're all over the map. My point was simple. That is, that being a cam girl should not be viewed as a blank check for lying to guys and manipulating them to get their money. Pretending to be in a good mood when you aren't isn't "fantasy", or a lie. It doesn't mean you're a fictional character. If so, every employee at every business who has to be polite to customers when they don't feel like it is acting out a "fantasy".

And when a cam girl says, "Tip 100 tokens to see my boobs", and a guy tips her for it, there's no "fantasy" in that either. She is showing her real boobs for real money.

I don't get what's so complicated about it.
I also don't get what's so complicated about that.

The OP said this ^^. We are saying he, and people who share his exasperation at this fact, need to realize that's what camming is. Paying a model for online entertainment that is highly powered-up by her ability to serve a fantasy purpose. You're not going to meet her, you won't know her real name, you may never know her real relationship status.

He apparently came to that realization after some models (especially the Romanian one) lied to him, and told him they were interested in him offline, when they weren't. I hope you don't think that's ok.

Cam girls sell fantasy. We all hope that majority of our members realize this and don't feel this exasperatedly duped shock at it.

I also don't get what's so complicated about that.

Maybe it's just semantics at this point. A "fantasy" is something imaginary, that's not real. The only "fantasy" involved in most cases here, outside of mutual roleplaying, is the guy imagining having sex with the cam girl for real. If she takes her shirt off on cam, that's not imaginary. It's really happening.

Asking for a camgirl's real name is always so bizarre to me. Members are trying to reach inside of a cam model's life and drag out the parts she obviously doesn't want to share. Why? So they can feel special? That is so invasive and so strange to me. If a model wants someone to know their name, they will offer it. Does a real name make the person any different? No. It's the same girl on the screen with the same words and same entertaining personality. Yet so many men try and try to get the real name - and the idea of any camgirl giving a real name is absolutely horrifying to me. Even a real first name.

Don't do it, new camgirl bbs. Don't ever do it. No matter how much you trust that member.

Camgirls come up with fake names NOT because they are congirls but for very real safety reasons. Do you know how many times I have seen men get offended when models refuse to say their real name, and so they go crazy and actively search out said real name? I've personally seen that happen several times. Cam models come up with fake names to protect themselves from crazy people. Not to scam you. I know models who have had to come up with LAYERS of fake names because they have had stalkers who have done everything to ruin their lives. Models don't lie about names for fun. It isn't a game. It's a defense mechanism, a layer of safety. In a perfect world, men would understand and accept the answer, "I don't give out that information". But they don't. Believe me, that often creates a way more negative situation than we'd like. But then, in a perfect world, a member would understand that models are just trying to protect themselves, nothing more, nothing less, and thus, they wouldn't pry for invasive information that they don't need.

A model's safety matters way more than a dude's sense of entitlement. And if that sense of entitlement means more to a member than her safety, then something is very wrong. Most camgirls do the things that they do for real reasons of safety and success - not as a means to scam or lie to members.

You seem to have a very severe and slightly alarming resentment and disdain towards cam-models, which almost feels as if it borders on pure contempt. Which makes me think that the cam-world really isn't going to be a healthy place for you. Perhaps I am wrong, and I hope I am - I am just judging from the tone of your posts, which sound very bitter and very angry. But if you want the real name and real connection and real intimacy with a woman, then camworld isn't for you. You should put your energy into connecting with a girlfriend, not a paid camgirl entertainer.
Is there an article about camodels being stalked? Can anybody on here give me a link to one? Not saying that a lack of one disproves that its an issue.

He apparently came to that realization after some models (especially the Romanian one) lied to him, and told him they were interested in him offline, when they weren't. I hope you don't think that's ok.
Of course not, but the replies to threads like this usually talk about the fantasy aspect to remind guys that this DOES happen, keep your wits about you. DO NOT go on a cam site and believe you're getting something OFFLINE.

You called them typical replies and nagged about how that's bullshit. Thus, the tangent we've all slid off on.

Moral of the story every time: "Don't be a dumb dumb."

Of course not, but the replies to threads like this usually talk about the fantasy aspect to remind guys that this DOES happen, keep your wits about you. DO NOT go on a cam site and believe you're getting something OFFLINE.

You called them typical replies and nagged about how that's bullshit. Thus, the tangent we've all slid off on.

Moral of the story every time: "Don't be a dumb dumb."

It is complicated by the fact, confirmed by other posts here, that things can and do go offline. And there's nothing wrong with that. But that's why the best policy is honesty on all sides. A recognition that everyone involved is a real human being, and deserves to be treated with a baseline level of respect. Boundaries are fine. Lies are not.

In real life, when you first meet somebody, you're polite and superficial. You don't tell them about your problems and deep thoughts. If you keep talking, you get to know each other better. If you get to a point where you don't want things to go further, you might say "I don't really want to talk about that", send things to the "friend zone" etc. If at some point you get married, by then hopefully all cards are on the table. It's a spectrum. Cam sites should be no different. Every cam girl is entitled to her own boundaries, and they should be respected. If a guy tells a cam girl he's Donald Trump, that guy is a douchebag, and may be playing with her mind if she believes him - but at least she's not the one giving him money. When a cam girl lies to a guy to get his money, she's crossed a bigger line.

That's the problem.

Last edited:
It is complicated by the fact, confirmed by other posts here, that things can and do go offline. And there's nothing wrong with that. But that's why the best policy is honesty on all sides. A recognition that everyone involved is a real human being, and deserves to be treated with a baseline level of respect. Boundaries are fine. Lies are not.

In real life, when you first meet somebody, you're polite and superficial. You don't tell them about your problems and deep thoughts. If you keep talking, you get to know each other better. If you get to a point where you don't want things to go further, you might say "I don't really want to talk about that", send things to the "friend zone" etc. If at some point you get married, by then hopefully all cards are on the table. Cam sites should be no different. Every cam girl is entitled to her own boundaries, and they should be respected. If a guy tells a cam girl he's Donald Trump, that guy is a douchebag, and may be playing with her mind if she believes him - but at least she's not the one giving him money. When a cam girl lies to get money, she's crossed a bigger line.

That's the problem.
https://www.datehookup.com

Is there an article about camodels being stalked? Can anybody on here give me a link to one? Not saying that a lack of one disproves that its an issue.

Sorry, I don't have any articles that I can hand out! My resources come from the numerous first-hand experiences I have heard from other models, which usually isn't discussed in the public part of the forum for safety reasons. Believe me, it is definitely an issue to be aware of, and it's the reason why this forum provides so many educational tips about protecting one's self online. Does it happen to every model? Of course not, thank goodness. But it isn't an uncommon experience and when it happens, it's downright terrifying.

You all are obsessed with that idea, and it's not actually what I'm talking about. Although I could name multiple cam girls who have hooked up with regulars, but I won't. Whether the cam girl wants things to go offline or not, she shouldn't lie about it to get a guy's money. Being polite, faking a smile, or having boundaries, is not lying.

I'm pointing to the flip side, which is that telling cam girls it's all fake can give the impression that it's ok for them to tell any lie to get money.

• Wat?!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Cam sites should be no different.
"Should."

We keep trying to remind people that they ARE different than real life, though, so stop falling for the typical cam girl scams.

Reactions: IndySolo and Gen
"Should."

We keep trying to remind people that they ARE different than real life, though, so stop falling for the typical cam girl scams.

This is the disagreement. I'm saying it is all real life. The people are real, the money is real. And pretending it's not real life justifies scammers. Anonymity, privacy and boundaries are not the same thing as fantasy and lying.

This quest for truth in camming has given me an idea for a new essential, maybe even mandatory, interactive sex toy for cam sites. It combines a Lush type device with a lie detector. Every time the model tells the truth and nothing but the truth, she gets a pleasurable pulse and bonus tokens. Every time she lies, the toy emits a loud fart like sound and tokens are deducted from her account. Three lies in a row, the room shuts down automatically and the model is suspended. Having inspired it @Joeternal, I would like with your permission to call it the The Joeternal - The Toy That Never Lies.

Last edited:
This quest for truth in camming has given me an idea for a new essential, maybe even mandatory, interactive sex toy for cam sites. It combines a Lush type device with a lie detector. Every time the model tells the truth and nothing but the truth, she gets a pleasurable pulse and bonus tokens. Every time she lies, the toy emits a loud fart like sound and tokens are deducted from her account. Three lies in a row, the room shuts down automatically and the model is suspended. Having inspired it @Joeternal, I would like to with your permission to call it the The Joeternal - The Toy That Never Lies

:joyful:

if a guy asks the cam girl's name, and she says, "I don't give out my name", she's being honest. If he asks her name and she gives him a fake name, and lets him believe it's her real name, she's being dishonest. And so on.

So I'm being dishonest by responding to "what's your name?" with "Saffron Burke, duh! It's on your screen right now, can't you see it?"

Kay.

What if I told you that MFC is the biggest ~love scammer~ of all? :nerd: For real though, you (general you, not specific JJTP you) have to realize that they put that there because they know guys will spend more money when they think they have a shot at meeting, fucking, or dating one of the chicks. It's no different than the cam performers who lead users on.
Logically, what you are saying has the ring of truth. Just not emotionally ready to accept it though.

Ah well, at least it is free...right there in the name myFREEcams.

• Funny!
Joe For 7.99 a min you can take me exclusive and I'll be 100 percent real for you. I'll gladly be real and tell you what an idiot I think you are for actually thinking cam girls giving a fake name to protect our lives is dishonest.

Probably shouldn't do C2C unless you're into humiliation though... Because your annoying attitude screams "I have a small penis." I can already sense it and I'm REALLY good at sph.

Joe For 7.99 a min you can take me exclusive and I'll be 100 percent real for you. I'll gladly be real and tell you what an idiot I think you are for actually thinking cam girls giving a fake name to protect our lives is dishonest.

Probably shouldn't do C2C unless you're into humiliation though... Because your annoying attitude screams "I have a small penis." I can already sense it and I'm REALLY good at sph.

There being a bunch of Streamate girls here probably explains some of the conflict. MFC is a whole different animal. And the fact that several have completely misunderstood what I said about names means they probably also have poor reading comprehension.

There being a bunch of Streamate girls here probably explains some of the conflict. MFC is a whole different animal.

I have an account there too. Most of us that use Streamate started on MFC or CB and found there were too many creeps like you that felt entitled to our entire lives right down to when we last got fucked or spoke to our damn Moms so we moved sites to avoid the bullshit.

I have an account there too. Most of us that use Streamate started on MFC or CB and found there were too many creeps like you that felt entitled to our entire lives right down to when we last got fucked or spoke to our damn Moms so we moved sites to avoid the bullshit.

And there are non-nude cam girls who top MFC, there are some who end up dating regulars, and some who marry them, as Miss_Lollipop told you. Some reveal more about themselves, some less. Some scam and manipulate, some don't. It's a big world, full of variety.

I just don't like seeing people make excuses for cam girls scamming guys like the OP, which I think they're doing when they say "it's all a fantasy, none of it is real". As if it's all his fault.

• Wat?!
It really isn't. Go there, get a private, leave. Almost same thing. You give strippers this hard a time when you go to the club?

"Wow bitch, diamondz ain't your real name? Fuck out my face"

"Wow bitch, during the dance you said you loved grinding on me and now you won't go home with me?"

Right?

This guy shows up to a cam site and acts like it should be animal planet for cam girls.

And there are non-nude cam girls who top MFC, there are some who end up dating regulars, and some who marry them, as Miss_Lollipop told you. Some reveal more about themselves, some less. Some scam and manipulate, some don't. It's a big world, full of variety.

I just don't like seeing people make excuses for cam girls scamming guys like the OP, which I think they're doing when they say "it's all a fantasy, none of it is real". As if it's all his fault.

HOW IS A CAM MODEL GIVING A FAKE NAME A SCAM?

No one here is ok with love scams but you've taken it to an entirely different ridiculous level.

Asking for a camgirl's real name is always so bizarre to me. Members are trying to reach inside of a cam model's life and drag out the parts she obviously doesn't want to share. Why? So they can feel special? That is so invasive and so strange to me. If a model wants someone to know their name, they will offer it. Does a real name make the person any different? No. It's the same girl on the screen with the same words and same entertaining personality. Yet so many men try and try to get the real name - and the idea of any camgirl giving a real name is absolutely horrifying to me. Even a real first name.

Don't do it, new camgirl bbs. Don't ever do it. No matter how much you trust that member.

Camgirls come up with fake names NOT because they are congirls but for very real safety reasons. Do you know how many times I have seen men get offended when models refuse to say their real name, and so they go crazy and actively search out said real name? I've personally seen that happen several times. Cam models come up with fake names to protect themselves from crazy people. Not to scam you. I know models who have had to come up with LAYERS of fake names because they have had stalkers who have done everything to ruin their lives. Models don't lie about names for fun. It isn't a game. It's a defense mechanism, a layer of safety. In a perfect world, men would understand and accept the answer, "I don't give out that information". But they don't. Believe me, that often creates a way more negative situation than we'd like. But then, in a perfect world, a member would understand that models are just trying to protect themselves, nothing more, nothing less, and thus, they wouldn't pry for invasive information that they don't need.

A model's safety matters way more than a dude's sense of entitlement. And if that sense of entitlement means more to a member than her safety, then something is very wrong. Most camgirls do the things that they do for real reasons of safety and success - not as a means to scam or lie to members.

You seem to have a very severe and slightly alarming resentment and disdain towards cam-models, which almost feels as if it borders on pure contempt. Which makes me think that the cam-world really isn't going to be a healthy place for you. Perhaps I am wrong, and I hope I am - I am just judging from the tone of your posts, which sound very bitter and very angry. But if you want the real name and real connection and real intimacy with a woman, then camworld isn't for you. You should put your energy into connecting with a girlfriend, not a paid camgirl entertainer.

Is your last name even, "Eternal", Joe!? What is your name?

HOW IS A CAM MODEL GIVING A FAKE NAME A SCAM?

No one here is ok with love scams but you've taken it to an entirely different ridiculous level.

You missed the entire point. It was not about names. That was just a simple example of lying vs. maintaining privacy.

To spell it out for the slow:

A cam girl has a screen name, HotBabe_. Obviously fake. A member asks her what her real name is. Usually one with that kind of name will give something more name-like to call them.

They have a few options:

1. Tell them to call you HotBabe, even though it's awkward.

2. Give a fake name, and tell them it's fake. "Just call me Julie, it's not my real name, but everybody calls me that"

3. Give them a fake name, tell them it's real. "Julie". "Is that your real name?". "Yes".

4. Give them your real first name.

Only one of those options requires lying. 3. Get it?

Last edited:
This is confusing because camland relationships are so fuzzy the limits of things are not always so clear so we can be talking about way different things here.

My two cents: it depends on how intimate the model pretends to be with her members. Example:

Model A has a high energy room with 1000s of viewers. She discourages 1 on 1 contact, doesn’t do private shows and rarely PMs with members for more than 10 minutes and a light conversation. She lies about being bisexual, tells fake stories about going camping with her girlfriends and getting an oil massage from her friend Stacy that turned into a make out session. She also tells the members she works a day time job at a nursery because she wants them to imagine she is a normal girl they could meet any day. This fantasy is in my opinion harmless and makes her show more entertaining to watch. I would take this 100x over a camgirl who tells the truth about being married and spending her free time watching TV and eating nachos.

Model B has a small room of 5 hardcore regulars. She encourages 1 on 1 contact. Spends all day talking to her highest tippers on Kik trying to get them to spend more. She lies about wanting a real life boyfriend, about having financial problems and being exploited by her studio to ask them for money. She lies also about wanting them to visit her in her home country and wanting to visit the US to see him. Asks for money for flight ticket that she never buys. Tells the member she loves him with all her heart. This I do consider harmful.

Now... is harmful/harmless the same as honest/dishonest? No. Everyone in camland is dishonest by default, that is precisely the allure. Models have leniency to create a character that is as far or as close to reality as they want and adorn it as much as they want to be attractive, entertaining and delicious and members have leniency to lie about their lives and present themselves as the man they wish they were. That’s seduction.

Harmful or scamful cammers do exist but someone who falls for this is as gullible as someone who sends a check to Nigeria to collect their long lost relative’s inheritance. Models who scam prey on members who are vulnerable, yes, but those vulnerable members are only scammable because they believe it is the model who is vulnerable and they too are trying to take advantage through their money and their power over a girl in a difficult situation. So it’s a good moral lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.