AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If you make a custom video for a member, is it rude to sell afterwards?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been around MFC for a little more than a year, but only seriously getting into it as a full time career recently..
What is the etiquette for custom videos? If no names were included in the video’s script, is it rude to sell it on MFC Share after the member has received it? I currently have it on password only so only he can view it, but wondering if I should try to not waste an opportunity at more income.
Thoughts?

Actually, a lot of models will post some of their custom videos up for sale for others to purchase. I did a bicep bouncing custom video for a guy on ExtraLunchMoney a long time ago, and it uploaded it to Clips4Sale. With some of these customs, you end up spending several hours prepping for it/recording/editing/uploading it. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to make money off it months/years later? If you wish, you could specify beforehand that you'd be willing to make it an exclusive custom video for an additional cost, if the guy truly wants it to be "for his eyes only."

I am only a member and not a model and have never paid for a custom but I have a question regarding this..

When you put the custom video/content up for resale for others, do you have some kind of courtesy period in which you will leave it for XX days, or weeks? Or is it quite literally as soon as you can (have the time, are online etc) you make it public?
I only do this if they request it, sometimes i do a day, sometimes i do a week to give this exclusivity feeling but the reality of it is that this video was created FOR YOU so even if other see it... it is FOR YOU not for them lol~ They happen to buy it but you were the main inspiration. :) which is pretty good i would say~

Since I'm primarily a clip maker I wanted to put it more into perspective - My best selling clip has sold 52 times it's priced at 15.99 ish ; now if you do the math you can calculate how much I have made on this. Now the kicker is I made this clip 1.5 weeks ago THIS is my point... This clip is going to KEEP selling for my lifetime career .

This so much. I hardly have a ton of clips, but out of what I do have, my top selling ones have made me thousands each over the years. The last clip I posted to C4S was over a year ago, but I still make payout every single month, and I'm still frequently top 20 or better in certain categories. If someone is asking for a custom, chances are it's specific enough that it won't sell a ton, or there would already be more clips like it out there, but I'd still expect it to make hundreds more over time. So exclusivity is gonna cost ya. The clip that has made me the most money overall was actually a custom. It's $23, and over several sites has sold literally hundreds of times. Imagine if I kept that exclusive!

If somebody pays for a fetish custom that doesn't have any of the standard selling points of your other customs, how tempting is it to include those selling points in the custom? Like if somebody asks for a foot fetish video but makes no mention of masturbation, do you add that in anyway thinking it would get more sales? What if the buyer actually specifically requested non nude? I've had an experience before buying two separate custom videos from somebody with quite a few months separating the purchases. The first video was incredible, non nude like I requested, everything on point. She had grown quite a bit and expanded herself by the time I bought the second video, her prices went up a bit, but I had enjoyed the first one so much I requested a video with the same outline. This one was completely different and almost completely lacked the points in the first video and went off the rails into a standard masturbation video. If not for the outfit in the beginning I had requested I would have thought it a wrongly sent video! It left me feeling like she was just making an all encompassing video for resale and I had paid a custom video price for it and has made me kind of cautious , and if I did buy another custom from somebody I feel like I would have to pay for the exclusive option to really have it be my custom video. Am I wrong?

If somebody pays for a fetish custom that doesn't have any of the standard selling points of your other customs, how tempting is it to include those selling points in the custom? Like if somebody asks for a foot fetish video but makes no mention of masturbation, do you add that in anyway thinking it would get more sales? What if the buyer actually specifically requested non nude? I've had an experience before buying two separate custom videos from somebody with quite a few months separating the purchases. The first video was incredible, non nude like I requested, everything on point. She had grown quite a bit and expanded herself by the time I bought the second video, her prices went up a bit, but I had enjoyed the first one so much I requested a video with the same outline. This one was completely different and almost completely lacked the points in the first video and went off the rails into a standard masturbation video. If not for the outfit in the beginning I had requested I would have thought it a wrongly sent video! It left me feeling like she was just making an all encompassing video for resale and I had paid a custom video price for it and has made me kind of cautious , and if I did buy another custom from somebody I feel like I would have to pay for the exclusive option to really have it be my custom video. Am I wrong?

The second video, I don't think that's acceptable of the model at all. If she's going to change it that much... that's "thanks for the request! I thought your idea would be super popular if I changed a few things. It's not quite what you wanted, so go ahead and buy it at my regular price, but I'll still be happy to create your original version if you'd still like to purchase that from me!" Something of that nature.

I can certainly see choosing to make details that aren't important to you more generally appealing (example... you want foot fetish, but don't care about or mention nail colour, while the model's audience prefers red, say--it would make sense for her to use red polish), but changing anything that contradicts what you asked for isn't fair when you're paying extra to get exactly what you want. I think you'd be right to be upset.

I applaud you girls that make it very clear up front it's custom, not exclusive. Have had several model friends that learned that lesson the hard way by not realizing some guys assume they're one in the same. That's just good customer service!

I always ask for my name in it, but I'm certainly not the only one with that name lol so what do I care if 10 other guys with that name buy it. Heck it might even help the model sell a few more. Plus it ensures I don't get sold the same custom as 3 other guys that placed in the top 3 of the same raffle I did - hypothetically speaking of course. ;)

Reactions: SaffronBurke

Most of the time when a guy requests a custom I ask a LOT of questions because sometimes the customer has 0 idea what they really want. If your clear on what you want and the model does NOT do it then yes you are right.. I have however done things to a T and still have had dude's complain.. Example: a guy wanted a statue clip he asked me to masturbate and then freeze into place and stand completely still.. NOW I don't know you but it's extremely hard to stand PERFECTLY still for 6 mins with no movements... He legit complained because I moved my eyes and 1 of my fingers... like seriously? I had a guy complain one time because he wanted my husband dressed like a girl and I did exactly step by step what he wanted and he legit complained about the spanking not being rough enough (he asked for NO redness) - I've been doing this 7 years it is impossible to spank someone HARD without leaving red marks.. I mean people can be legit ridiculous. So if you said "non nude, please do this, this and this" and it was pretty much spot on then yes your an asshole for complaining if she gave you nudity, masturbation and a bunch of shit you didn't want = your right 100 percent. When I get customs I always do what the person wants.. Thats the POINT of a custom clip.

Cam girls are different than a full time clip maker like myself ... My full income comes from C4S, IWC and custom clips. Now this is why I take such great detail, I communicate like all the time with a custom order and I also give it my FULL attention and love. This is my passion and what I love to do so why would I half ass it? someone who cams makes an income on cam they don't necessarily need to make clips most likely. Especially girls on MFC or CB who make great money your not going to see the same production from my c4s store to say a MFC model who has a store and just uploads for a little extra $$- there is a huge difference. I'm NOT saying cam girls do not put there all into customs or clips I am just saying I legit only make my money 1 way and thats producing. Girls on MFC get on cam and don't spend the time I spend editing/uploading/writing descriptions. I upload 4 times a day on Clips4sale (that's a lot) and once a day on IWC .. I treat it as my full time job as girls who cam treat that as there full time job. I know plenty of cam girls who produce amazing visually beautiful clips you just need to do your research.

Like if somebody asks for a foot fetish video but makes no mention of masturbation, do you add that in anyway thinking it would get more sales?

What? Hell no! Custom videos contain exactly what was asked for, no more, no less. If your video went way off course, see if you can get a refund, because you did NOT get what you paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.