AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReinaStorm

Cam Model
Sep 20, 2015
United States
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@goddessgypsy
MFC Username
ReinaSunshine
Streamate Username
Goddess_Gypsy
Chaturbate Username
Goddess_Gypsy
I have an Instagram and just linked it to an unrelated Facebook account to make it Public Figure.
Even before that I saw a few people I knew under suggestions. I blocked them.
None of these people are in my phone.
I am not on any of their Instagrams.
These are family and friends. I have no idea how instagram is suggesting them to me.
Now I'm wondering if its suggesting my Instagram to them. They have Instagrams.

Not only that my biggest worry is will Instagram somehow give them my personal facebook even though I didn't use my personal facebook to sign up?
All of the people they keep suggesting are off of my Facebook family and friends. Is there anyway around this. I don't have that many followers on Instagram.
I have a little over a thousand on Twitter but less then 300 on Instagram. I want to keep Instagram but what am I to do?

Please help any tips for safety would be greatly appreciated.
Does anyone know HOW they are suggesting people from my personal Facebook? Also what I can do to stop them from doing that.? By the way I unlinked the business Facebook.
I don't want Instagram suggesing my family and friends to members. Or them suggesting my personal Facebook to members either.

Instagram is owned by Facebook. And Facebook is notorious for collecting your data, even if you yourself don't have a profile there. Most of the information on how they do this, from what I understand, isn't public.

I tried having an Instagram a while back and even though I don't have Facebook it kept suggesting people I knew; I ended up deleting it because it was too much stress and work keeping up with blocking people.
I would guess that it's linked to the phone number on your phone you're logging in from and extrapolating from there. I know one person who had a customer add her on her personal Facebook who found her through Instagram, so it is definitely possible.

Either way, Instagram tends to shut down SW's Insta accounts pretty quickly. Unless you're out as a SW or have a totally separate phone for work I don't think having an Instagram account is really worth the effort you'd end up putting into keeping on the down low, especially considering how they get shut down so quickly.

Do you browse your personal Facebook on your phone at all? I'm not an expert on this, but if you truly want an Instagram then it probably needs to be disconnected from other devices or accounts that you use.

AlexaCrush is right about Facebook having your data, they've got shitloads of it. Not to scare you or anything, but any page you visit with Facebook widgets is collecting data on your browsing habits, even if you're not a Facebook user.

You will have to try and decide if the Instagram account is worth the privacy risk. The instagram page might require too much work and might not lead to many conversions for you. Models can probably better comment on this though.

Instagram is owned by Facebook. And Facebook is notorious for collecting your data, even if you yourself don't have a profile there. Most of the information on how they do this, from what I understand, isn't public.

I tried having an Instagram a while back and even though I don't have Facebook it kept suggesting people I knew; I ended up deleting it because it was too much stress and work keeping up with blocking people.
I would guess that it's linked to the phone number on your phone you're logging in from and extrapolating from there. I know one person who had a customer add her on her personal Facebook who found her through Instagram, so it is definitely possible.

Either way, Instagram tends to shut down SW's Insta accounts pretty quickly. Unless you're out as a SW or have a totally separate phone for work I don't think having an Instagram account is really worth the effort you'd end up putting into keeping on the down low, especially considering how they get shut down so quickly.
You are a sweetheart. Thank you so much for your insight. I appreciate that you took time out to give your opinion. However, I am hoping someone who has an Instagram account can give me advice and tips to avoid these issues. My phone is separate I don't have anything personal on there I don't even keep numbers on that particular phone at all. I never have. My location is turned off as well. I have no clue how people I know are being suggested to me. There are lots of models on Instagram and I'm sure that they wouldn't all be on there if there wasn't some way around these safety issues. I am hoping one of them will see this thread and say something. But again thank you so much for the advice. I really appreciate it.

• Hugs
Reactions: AlexaCrush
Do you browse your personal Facebook on your phone at all? I'm not an expert on this, but if you truly want an Instagram then it probably needs to be disconnected from other devices or accounts that you use.

AlexaCrush is right about Facebook having your data, they've got shitloads of it. Not to scare you or anything, but any page you visit with Facebook widgets is collecting data on your browsing habits, even if you're not a Facebook user.

You will have to try and decide if the Instagram account is worth the privacy risk. The instagram page might require too much work and might not lead to many conversions for you. Models can probably better comment on this though.
Thank you so much. That is exactly why I'm writing this. I don't have a lot of followers on Instagram yet but now that I'm camming daily that will quickly change. I have worked on Niteflirt for almost a decade and Keen and Ingenio and there was no need for me to have social media accounts. But cam is different. So I am debating if it's worth the trouble. Everyone in my life knows that I used to be a dancer and that I have phone sex lines and everybody knows who I am as a person in general. But I've never threw it in their face. Meaning unless they ask me something about this part of my life I don't go around telling them nothing. But I'm not worried about any of them seeing my Instagram because I'm an open book. What does concern me is members figuring out my personal location or given name etc.. I just hope someone that has an account knows something I can do to keep the Instagram. I've been having fun with it lately. But if it comes between a choice of keeping it and members can find out info that I don't care to share with then like my name or location. I will shut it down. The thing is there must be a way around this. Thank you for commenting. I truly do value anyone who takes time out to say something. Y'all are awesome.

Thank you so much. That is exactly why I'm writing this. I don't have a lot of followers on there yet but now that I'm camming daily that will quickly change. So I am debating if it's worth the trouble. Everyone in my life knows that I used to be a dancer and that I have phone sex lines and everybody knows who I am as a person in general. But I've never threw it in their face. Meaning unless they ask me something about this part of my life I don't go around telling them nothing. But I'm not worried about any of them seeing my Instagram because I'm an open book. What does concern me is members figuring out my personal location or given name etc.. I just hope someone that has an account knows something I can do to keep the Instagram. I've been having fun with it lately. But if it comes between a choice of keeping it and members can find out info that I don't care to share with then like my name or location. I will shut it down. The thing is there must be a way around this. Thank you for commenting. I truly do value anyone who takes time out to say something. Y'all are awesome.
It sounds like your accounts got linked together.
Have you tried unlink Instagram account from facebook?
Yes thanks I did that too. And the only account I had ever linked was the one I made specifically to get Public Figure status. It has 0 followers and no one at all on it. But even before I did that I started seeing people I know It's just strange how this happened because I'm so careful about everything and I take all of the precautions that I know of. There must be something missing or I doubt any model would be on Instagram taking a chance on members finding them or their family members location and information. It's so nice of y'all trying to help me figure this out. :) Thanks again. :)

Yes thanks I did that too. And the only account I had ever linked was the one I made specifically to get Public Figure status. It has 0 followers and no one at all on it. But even before I did that I started seeing people I know It's just strange how this happened because I'm so careful about everything and I take all of the precautions that I know of. There must be something missing or I doubt any model would be on Instagram taking a chance on members finding them or their family members location and information. It's so nice of y'all trying to help me figure this out. :) Thanks again. :)

If you made the Facebook account from the same computer/phone/even internet connection as you access your personal one on, that would do it. And from there, IG takes that data and suggests people you may know.

I have two totally separate Facebooks, no mutual friends on either and my location is set on the other side of the world, but on my completely non-IRL related one, I still get all of my friends from my other one suggested.

The only way to avoid this happening is to not have an Instagram. A lot of models, myself included, have wound up deleting their Instagram because it doesn't convert customers, it just attracts freeloaders. If you want to use social media for marketing in this industry, you want Twitter. Instagram won't be helpful.

All of the people I can think of offhand that use Instagram are models who are out to their families and don't have Facebook, but I could be wrong.
I suppose you could work around it by not showing your face/identifying features but that means fewer followers as well.

I personally don't see the point of having an Instagram. They are so antisexwork. They delete sws for literally existing. They allow sexual explicit from regual models but if a sex worker who doesn't even link herself shows a little bit of cleavage, gone. I have seen Twitter trolls with months of dedication to reporting sexworker Instagrams.

I personally don't see the point of having an Instagram. They are so antisexwork. They delete sws for literally existing. They allow sexual explicit from regual models but if a sex worker who doesn't even link herself shows a little bit of cleavage, gone. I have seen Twitter trolls with months of dedication to reporting sexworker Instagrams.

Agreed. I have a "sexy" instagram for fun. It isn't related to my caming stuff at all. Its just for me to show off my butt and rope bondage for free attention when I want it. I've been shadow banned before on that account, so I would never spend the time and energy on a instagram for caming just to keep seeing it get taken down. Istagram is for fun, twitter is for marketing.

Thank you all so much for your opinions. Y'all are awesome. I really appreciate each and every one of you. Still wondering if there are any models in this forum that have Instagram?
I do but every day Im more and more tempted to delete it because of constant shadowban and never have converted someone into paying a customer, aaaand because last week they announced nudity/sex work/etc would be shown less thanks to a new algorithm.

Reactions: ReinaStorm
I have an Instagram because SM doesn't allow us to link social media and sometimes members think to search me there. It's mainly face pics. When people message me about cam stuff I say Instagram doesn't allow that type of thing to be discussed and mention Twitter does 😂

Reactions: ReinaStorm
I just permanently deleted my account with over 13,000 followers after two years being temporarily disabled because of the same thing. If you’ve ever had Facebook messager or regular facebook on your phone, even if you don’t now... you’re hosed.

Twitter is the sex workers best social media friend. Even if your privacy was not compromised, it’s not likely your account will stay open for long. Instagram loves to ban sex workers just for being, even if rules were never broken.

I just permanently deleted my account with over 13,000 followers after two years being temporarily disabled because of the same thing. If you’ve ever had Facebook messager or regular facebook on your phone, even if you don’t now... you’re hosed.

Twitter is the sex workers best social media friend. Even if your privacy was not compromised, it’s not likely your account will stay open for long. Instagram loves to ban sex workers just for being, even if rules were never broken.
Thank you so much Jolene. Also I agree with you that Twitter is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.