AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

invisible mode

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use invisible mode all of the time, the problem is you are not completely invisible. Somehow models can still tell if you are online.

Upvote 0
There is a discussion on this from about the fact invisible only means invisible from the user list, unfortunately. But, I don't think it's useless or pointless.

A lot of users get jealous of other users in rooms, its silly. Only a couple of days ago, I made a little joke to a model I regularly visit. I'm always invisible. She laughed at my joke in PM to her and one guy got jealous because she LAUGHED, he threw a hissy fit and told her to go be with whoever is making her laugh (she was shocked and showed me screenshot of it), it was more than that but.. my point is, imagine guys like that can see who it is in the room, and get jealous even more amd cause silly problems.

Also plenty of morons try go around stirring trouble with models about you visiting/tipping others and whatever (luckily, when they try with me the models already know visit/tip other models too, so they thankfully usually tell the troublemaker to shut up, or mute or ban them for doing it). so no, for me it's not pointless to be able to hide from those types of users-- and they are much more common than you think or realise.

I think I use invisibility on sc about 50/50 (because of models vs users).

Reactions: Wuggie and Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I honestly really like the invisible mode, exactly because I have had people get really offensive to some of the girls I visit regularly when they know I'm in the room, so it's much easier to just be invisible from the public but still let the model know you are there imo..

Upvote 0
I honestly really like the invisible mode, exactly because I have had people get really offensive to some of the girls I visit regularly when they know I'm in the room, so it's much easier to just be invisible from the public but still let the model know you are there imo..
All that takes is sending the model a PM or an anonymous tip with a note only visible to the model. If I want to be "invisible" that is part of it. I can let any model I want to know if and when I am online easily.

Upvote 0
All that takes is sending the model a PM or an anonymous tip with a note only visible to the model. If I want to be "invisible" that is part of it. I can let any model I want to know if and when I am online easily.
I think my message got misunderstood... I know this, that is exactly what I do, as I say I always let the model know I'm around in the room anyways

Upvote 0
Maybe I needed to be clearer. I just do not think any other model should be able to see I am online other than ones I want to know if any.
ah right, It might also just be me who's super tired and reading things wrong honestly..

but yes that's also a great point.. I have now had TWO models within the last 3 months go off at me because they "found out I visited other girls"

Reactions: SideWinder
Upvote 0
There is a discussion on this from about the fact invisible only means invisible from the user list, unfortunately. But, I don't think it's useless or pointless.

A lot of users get jealous of other users in rooms, its silly. Only a couple of days ago, I made a little joke to a model I regularly visit. I'm always invisible. She laughed at my joke in PM to her and one guy got jealous because she LAUGHED, he threw a hissy fit and told her to go be with whoever is making her laugh (she was shocked and showed me screenshot of it), it was more than that but.. my point is, imagine guys like that can see who it is in the room, and get jealous even more amd cause silly problems.

Also plenty of morons try go around stirring trouble with models about you visiting/tipping others and whatever (luckily, when they try with me the models already know visit/tip other models too, so they thankfully usually tell the troublemaker to shut up, or mute or ban them for doing it). so no, for me it's not pointless to be able to hide from those types of users-- and they are much more common than you think or realise.

I think I use invisibility on sc about 50/50 (because of models vs users).

Upvote 0
Maybe I needed to be clearer. I just do not think any other model should be able to see I am online other than ones I want to know if any.
It has been discussed here ad nauseum and indeed explained by Charlie_sc:

Invisible mode does *not* mean you are invisible across the site. It means that you do not appear in any room list of users in the room you are in (unless you tip or chat publicly) .

Upvote 0
This still doesn't state one way or another that they can see your "last online" activity by clicking your name/profile and it is displayed on the profile card (popup), or other ways. So, this is why you would assume it can't be seen like that.
Yeah.. nah... ;)

It kind of does, by omission. The only "special power" that SC says you get from in visibility is that you do not appear in the room list.

Anything else is obviously NOT a part of the "package". So whilst many (including me -- but I do not really care about it) thought that invisibility meant invisible everywhere and with no "footprint" left behind, clearly SC never promised us that "rose garden" ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah.. nah... ;)

It kind of does, by omission. The only "special power" that SC says you get from in visibility is that you do not appear in the room list.

Anything else is obviously NOT a part of the "package". So whilst many (including me -- but I do not really care about it) thought that invisibility meant invisible everywhere and with no "footprint" left behind, clearly SC never promised us that "rose garden" ;)

I agree and disagree, the fact is we can still be seen and we don't know. People buy invisibility to BE invisible, not to be invisible in some places and visible in other places we are unaware exist.

The latter part being the important thing here

Upvote 0
I agree and disagree, the fact is we can still be seen and we don't know. People buy invisibility to BE invisible, not to be invisible in some places and visible in other places we are unaware exist.

The latter part being the important thing here
I understand what you are saying but clearly your (and many others') interpretation of Invisible mode is incorrect and based on wrong assumptions. As Charlie's screenshot illustrated, the *only* way you are invisible is in the room list on the day. Anything else is not a part of the deal, no matter how many people think it is. It is invisible mode, not "stealth, completely 100% hidden from everything and everyone apart from SC" mode.

This discussion has gone on (intermittently) for a very long time, and SC's stance has not changed -- why would it? They devised invisible mode to be exactly what they want it to be.Rather than accepting that, you (and I do not mean to be rude, you are a member here for whom I have the utmost respect) and others seem only interested in restating how you *want* invisible mode to function seemingly in the vain hope that SC will smack their forehead and go "oh! Of course, you're right, that's how we meant to make it behave. How silly of us."

By all means keep suggesting to Charlie the specific changes to invisible mode you would like to see, perhaps they will adopt some of them. ;)

Upvote 0
I understand what you are saying but clearly your (and many others') interpretation of Invisible mode is incorrect and based on wrong assumptions. As Charlie's screenshot illustrated, the *only* way you are invisible is in the room list on the day. Anything else is not a part of the deal, no matter how many people think it is. It is invisible mode, not "stealth, completely 100% hidden from everything and everyone apart from SC" mode.

This discussion has gone on (intermittently) for a very long time, and SC's stance has not changed -- why would it? They devised invisible mode to be exactly what they want it to be.Rather than accepting that, you (and I do not mean to be rude, you are a member here for whom I have the utmost respect) and others seem only interested in restating how you *want* invisible mode to function seemingly in the vain hope that SC will smack their forehead and go "oh! Of course, you're right, that's how we meant to make it behave. How silly of us."

By all means keep suggesting to Charlie the specific changes to invisible mode you would like to see, perhaps they will adopt some of them. ;)

I accepted how it is, and how it is told to us, but it should also be made more clear and open to us that we CAN STILL be seen from other methods by models. Then it will stop all confusion, problems and misinterpretations. That's all I am saying: either it needs to be made much clearer, OR it needs to be changed to BE truly invisible OR have 2 options: pay extra for FULL invisibility.
Had I have known, and I am guessing many others too, there were other ways models STILL see you being online/last online, they may not have bought Ultimate or set themselves as such because it can be pointless and still create problems./arguments unnecessarily. However, I do still agree and say that being invisible from the user list is great and I still love it for this, as I have given examples of why I personally use it for this. No matter how it is spun, it still needs to be made clearer so we know we are not completely invisible to models and they can still see us via other pages/methods.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
TBH, I really can't imagine staying in a room if such petty dramas and arguments ensued about my online activities, either originating from other members, or from the broadcaster (no matter how great they may be).
No need to divulge or defend your movements, but ffs so many issues seem to stem from folk promising cam-room monogamy when that's not their intentions, or lying about their token balance.
This is adult entertainment, be an adult.

Upvote 0
TBH, I really can't imagine staying in a room if such petty dramas and arguments ensued about my online activities, either originating from other members, or from the broadcaster (no matter how great they may be).
No need to divulge or defend your movements, but ffs so many issues seem to stem from folk promising cam-room monogamy when that's not their intentions, or lying about their token balance.

Happy Birthday!!!

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Very true.

Also... happy birthday! 👍

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
I accepted how it is, and how it is told to us, but it should also be made more clear and open to us that we CAN STILL be seen from other methods by models. Then it will stop all confusion, problems and misinterpretations. That's all I am saying: either it needs to be made much clearer, OR it needs to be changed to BE truly invisible OR have 2 options: pay extra for FULL invisibility.
Had I have known, and I am guessing many others too, there were other ways models STILL see you being online/last online, they may not have bought Ultimate or set themselves as such because it can be pointless and still create problems./arguments unnecessarily. However, I do still agree and say that being invisible from the user list is great and I still love it for this, as I have given examples of why I personally use it for this. No matter how it is spun, it still needs to be made clearer so we know we are not completely invisible to models and they can still see us via other pages/methods.
Yeah, more clarity is needed for sure 👍

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.