AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is Chaturbate in a State of Decline?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The entirety of the site will eventually be non-defendant on flash. Not sure what exactly you’re asking me. They aren’t going to just let this site die because flash is becoming obsolete, that’s the part of the comment I was very curious what you were thinking.
I was curious your opinion. I could see them just riding out the platform's technology and life while building up the brand in order to sell it. I hope that's not the case.

I was curious your opinion. I could see them just riding out the platform's technology and life while building up the brand in order to sell it. I hope that's not the case.
There's no way.

Keep in mind I have spoken/do speak to the admins quite regularly as I am one of their beta testers for their new features/etc.

MFC is going nowhere but up. :)

There's no way.

Keep in mind I have spoken/do speak to the admins quite regularly as I am one of their beta testers for their new features/etc.

I think there's still a dependency of flash being required for groups and privates. At least the last few I've been in, if flash isn't enabled I can't join/request. Is this more because the model isn't on OBS yet, or is it still a limitation of not being able to do this on OBS yet?

I think there's still a dependency of flash being required for groups and privates. At least the last few I've been in, if flash isn't enabled I can't join/request. Is this more because the model isn't on OBS yet, or is it still a limitation of not being able to do this on OBS yet?
It's still MFC working on shit, lol.

patience-young-grasshopper.jpg

(also, my interpretation is: for so long OBS created such support issues for MFC that they didn't want PRV/GRP enabled for members because it automatically takes tokens from members... if members were likely to run into video issues, it was likely they'd be wanting refunds.... take that as you will. :) )

• Funny!
Reactions: Lelo1
It's still MFC working on shit, lol.

patience-young-grasshopper.jpg

(also, my interpretation is: for so long OBS created such support issues for MFC that they didn't want PRV/GRP enabled for members because it automatically takes tokens from members... if members were likely to run into video issues, it was likely they'd be wanting refunds.... take that as you will. :) )

Thanks, and no worries. I wasn't sure if they had fixed it since I had heard about the java requirement for Pvt/GRP.

As to the tokens, I guess I'm that rare person where if the session dies and the tokens go to the model, so be it. She was going to get them anyway. Granted, I only do privates with models I've known a while so it's not a big deal to me. :)

There's no way.

Thank you for setting me straight and letting me know some more behind the scenes that we don't see, I appreciate it and will look forward to everything awesome that is coming!

Reactions: AmberCutie
I want to respond to the original poster, I haven't read all the responses in between but much of it seems to have gone off-topic and follows the typical ACF stereotype of Eastern European models being exploited by unscrupulous studio bosses (one studio model just sent me a picture of her new BMW M3, I suppose her studio boss must have a private jet considering he/she takes almost everything the model earns). As well as the group thought that only other cam girls are worthy enough to provide advice to other models.

But that aside, comparing MFC and CB is akin comparing to apples and oranges. CB has a aggressive marketing campaign and offers gay, couple and trans categories. But more importantly, they offer true HD cam feeds and that is something that new customers not only prefer but expect. As I have said before, MFC is still in the age of dial-up with choppy 480p feeds.

MFC has an aging demo of regulars and models and that doesn't bode well for the site's future. You may notice that models who cross cam on both CB and MFC don't even bother to monitor their MFC room, they are solely focused on CB because that's where the money is.

There has always been a decline in earnings during the summer months and that may be what the models on CB are experiencing. As the graph you provided shows, there is a long term decline in traffic (and earnings) on MFC and I don't suspect that will change any time soon, if ever.

Wow, I read the first few posts of this thread and had an idea to post the fact that I have been to every AVN convention from 2015-2018, and plan to go next year, and that MFC has had an exponentially larger presence each year as evidence that MFC is not hurting financially...but damn, this thread went off the rails. Bravo though, interesting read.

every AVN convention from 2015-2018, and plan to go next year, and that MFC has had an exponentially larger presence each year as evidence that MFC is not hurting financially
You're obviously right, and this is obviously the way MFC is mainly focusing their advertising. By being the BIGGEST and MOST OBVIOUS name in the adult camming industry. Their name is plastered everywhere at every convention that matters, and models are walking around in their swag all over the world.

CB is mainly focusing their advertising in more shady sites and more disgustingly flamboyant ways. And allowing disgusting and flamboyant shit sites to advertise on their site, which is a tangent we probably shouldn't jump out on in THIS thread, but I've brought up in others.

MFC has brought back their affiliate program, which is drawing new traffic constantly, but some who have begged for better traffic constantly over the last couple of years probably still think their tactics are either bad-natured or not good enough.

MFC has brought back their affiliate program, which is drawing new traffic constantly, but some who have begged for better traffic constantly over the last couple of years probably still think their tactics are either bad-natured or not good enough.

I wonder if advertisers know MFC affiliates is back.

Last edited:

They do? Or are you referring to their affiliate program through crakrevenue?

Reactions: AmberCutie
Status
Not open for further replies.