AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it worth camming part time?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2017
Hi all, I have recently made myself an account on chaturbate. I've just been age varified which took forever! The reason I decided to look into camming is actually because my boyfriend suggested doing it together but since his suggestion I've been doing a whole lot of research and think id really like to try doing it solo. The only problem is I keep getting a lot of conflicting opinions on whether or not camming is actually 'worth it'. For me it's more a bit of fun and I honestly don't think I'll actually make any money from it, but it's a big commitment to put yourself out there on the internet forever if you aren't going to get a return from it. So I just wanted to know peoples opinions on whether or not they think its worth it to only do a couple shows a week for a few hours/ can you actually make anything If you don't commit to it as full time or every day? Thanks :)

Reactions: KaraInCuffs
Even when I was "full time" I was doing part-time hours, and I earned about a graduate wage. I think I used to do between 10 and 30 hours a month. So yes, camming part time can be extremely lucrative depending on how good you are at it, how lucky you are and in part how you look. I have never tried chaturbate or couples camming before so I cannot really advise you on that. But I do think that camming full time is hard work, just a 2-3 hour shift can be mentally exhausting. It's not because you're physically doing sexual things to yourself, it's because you need to be upbeat and lively and always keep things interesting for that time. So I wouldn't be put off if you only have say 2 days per week to cam for a few hours.
My main advice would be to make those days pretty consistent and come online at the same time.

As for putting yourself on the internet forever, it's definitely a risk, and if you're doing couples camming it's definitely a bit more graphic than going solo. The only thing I would say is that the risk goes up when you become successful and have been camming for a while. It's pretty easy to take caps down from main tube sites and any cappers sites tend to be frequented by other cappers. Unfortunately it also makes it impossible to get stuff taken down from capping sites, but fortunately it means you have less chance of being recognised.

Honestly, no one else can tell you whether or not to try it out. I wouldn't let other people dissuade you as you may well end up loving it and making a small fortune which could help you in your life. You may find that you hate it and make nothing, or somewhere in the middle. No one else can tell you how it will go. I have a friend who has been thinking of camming and she keeps getting anxious about this stuff and over thinking it. I don't want to tell her "you're hot and fun, you'll probably make bank" as she could totally fail, or I could raise her expectations which could end up making her not enjoy it. Camming is such a crazy industry that it's nearly impossible to tell who will do well, so it's up to you to make that choice. And if it were me, I would rather have a go and see what happens than allow others to persuade me out of something potentially awesome. I've done that before and it has only led to regret.

I mean, everything you do on the Internet is there forever. I'm more embarrassed about my fanfiction and "totally straight" poetry about women from my high school days than people seeing me naked. But I've also done art modeling jobs without issue, and don't believe that sexuality and nudity is shameful. However, camming isn't for you if you're wanting to get certain careers. If you ever think that you want to be a teacher, camming isn't for you unless everyone gets really progressive in the next couple of years.

As for the money, sex work and cam seems to be more about what you put into it. My best show was when I was naked and with zero make up on, but I was interactive and talking. Today I'm in pajamas and not as interactive (no one is talking except for just requesting without tipping) so naturally I am making less. But you can also be making money with clip sites, phone sex, as well as cam and help your income out that way.

I'm more embarrassed about my fanfiction and "totally straight" poetry about women from my high school days than people seeing me naked

I'm the type of person that will totally show my friends my tits if they want to see them, so someone finding me nekkid on the interwebs isn't a big concern. Oh lordy, if anyone ever stumbled on the fanfiction I used to write, though.... That would be supremely embarrassing.

I cam extremely part-time, as I've got a 40-hr per week job, plus clip making, to juggle as well. I find that I do better on Streamate than on Chaturbate, as it's less dependent on having regulars to make your income. I can log on one or two days a week and still make a reasonable chunk of cash, or I can log on every day and make a little more.

I was very p/t before and didn't make much more than entry level. I am trying to go full time and so far I have made more in the last 24 hrs than I have made camming in a pt month.

I have a parttime job at a multinational company. I just started camming alone during day time and at night with my husband. It's exausting...
I am patient and I try to stay positve. In the last 3 days we've earned around 2000 tk on Chaturbate(I'm camming since June and it's been pretty low until now).
Sadly I didn't know about the new model thing.
Oh... and I am a mom

I have a parttime job at a multinational company. I just started camming alone during day time and at night with my husband. It's exausting...
I am patient and I try to stay positve. In the last 3 days we've earned around 2000 tk on Chaturbate(I'm camming since June and it's been pretty low until now).
Sadly I didn't know about the new model thing.
Oh... and I am a mom

Missed the point: It's probably worth it, but you have to be self-confident

Status
Not open for further replies.