AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is MFC slow?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been reading alot of tweets about MFC being slow, not making any tokens, favorite members not being around. Is MFC's traffic slowing down or do you think there is over saturation in the market.

We get posts like this once every couple of weeks. MFC is not dying. They consistently report record earning years (from what I've heard) and thousands of models make good money there.

MFC sees probably at least 20 new models a day. One cam site cannot support every single female cam model in the world. The majority of new models sink instead of swim. So I would say competition in MFC is more vicious than other cam sites, and oversaturation is solved by newer models simply not making any money.

Many models tend to be vocal about their mishaps. When a model says there are no tokens, it could mean she literally made no money in five hours; on the other hand, it could mean it took her 5 hours to make $500 instead of 3 hours.

MFC being slow is nothing new, it's been going on for ages. So I wouldn't call it a recent problem.

I do not think MFC's traffic is slowing down. I do think there are more models signing up and expecting to make $1000 on their first paycheck because thats what row 1 models can do, and I think people have overly generous expectations of what they can earn on MFC, leading to upset when it doesn't happen.

I saw 70 new models online the other day! Crazy! :eek:

Felicity said:
I saw 70 new models online the other day! Crazy! :eek:

There are 85 right now and on Friday there were well over 100. It's nuts!
When I started, which is only a little over a year ago, there were only a handful of girls with the new model tag signed on at a time.
There are also more models signed in at all times overall. When I was new and was trying to build my camscore, I wouldn't sign on if the model count went over 3 digits, now there are consistently 1100+ even during the more "off" times.

MFC tweeted and then deleted several months ago they were having another year of record profits. The site overall is doing great, but individual models may not be. I do not know if the top few rows are sucking up most of the money or if it is just too many models on the site now.

Summer is also a culprit, and a very big one. Summer is always slow and this summer has been extra long and extra hot. It's October and it just stopped being 80 degrees last week, and I'm way up in the mountains! Summer replaced spring, the drought sucked a lot of wallets dry on top of the normal "everyone is out swimming" MFC summer slump... it was a rough one.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Just Me said:
Sith138 said:
I can remember when there was only like 2 cam girls on the entire internet..i'm old school perving from back in the day! I've wacked to 30fps :)

30fps would be good now :lol: Try 1 frame per 5-10 seconds in the olden days. :violin:

10 fps was godlike back then, too. It's like I remember when I had a 2600 baud modem in my Tandy 1000 and a friend had a 9600 baud modem. It was like "woooooooooah! you're so much faster than me!" And then 56k modems hit.

Now I use 20 Mb/s download and 5 Mb/s upload FiOS. Back in those days, we wouldn't have thought those speeds possible.

Dammit yes, MFC has been slow for me lol! Like 1-2 weeks ago, I was absolutely beasting it up. Crazy, high token nights, all in a row. Then my last three shifts have been like, dead on arrival. Haven't made a countdown in those three shifts. I know, I know, ebb and flow. But dang it's so random! Please, MFC Gods, let it be over soon!

MFC just had a round of tech issues that lasted for what seemed like weeks. Models and members were getting booted continually and MFC even restarted their servers a couple of times. The last couple of times I went on the troubles seemed to be fixed and all was getting back to normal.

ScarlettLeigh said:
MFC just had a round of tech issues that lasted for what seemed like weeks. Models and members were getting booted continually and MFC even restarted their servers a couple of times. The last couple of times I went on the troubles seemed to be fixed and all was getting back to normal.

Speaking of the bootings... When it happened to any of you models, what was the extent of the boot out ? Did it simply kick you off mFc or was it more of a complete shut down? Reason I ask is when this last round started, a model friend would have her machine shut down completely like a plug pulled or button push hard shut down. She would have to restart the laptop and wait for it to come completely back up. Then, mFc would give her fits and most times made her try to log in several times before finally allowing her online. Was anyone else having this issue as well ?

SoTxBob said:
ScarlettLeigh said:

Speaking of the bootings... When it happened to any of you models, what was the extent of the boot out ? Did it simply kick you off mFc or was it more of a complete shut down? Reason I ask is when this last round started, a model friend would have her machine shut down completely like a plug pulled or button push hard shut down. She would have to restart the laptop and wait for it to come completely back up. Then, mFc would give her fits and most times made her try to log in several times before finally allowing her online. Was anyone else having this issue as well ?
It would just knock us out to the log-in screen, and sometimes it took multiple tries to get back in.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.