AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is the traffic to cam sites going extremely low lately?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2013
I have a very good friend working as cam model, and she is really worried that she is seeing (in these two latest months, mostly) how both the traffic and the actual tips are going really low, specially at sites like MFC. Do you happen to know if this is kind of a global thing, or maybe might just be happening in certain circumstances or ranges inside camscore? IE: for example, the models at the top of score maybe are still doing great, or just slightly worse, but is being terrible for lower camscore models. Is it just a December effect ? But as far as I know, other years' December was indeed a good month...Or well, it might be just happening to her and some of her friend models, who are telling her that they are in the same situation.

And ... I have one related second question. If anyone is kind to answer it, and has some sort of thoughts about it... Do you think cams business might be decaying at some point in the future? I mean, internet is made of "fast food" trends... I know that sex has been always been a great seller, but.. technology changes, content licenses changes, traffic might be driven to other new hypes or sex things... I know, one might need to be a bit of internet/social guru, and yet would be hard to make a good guess...

Here's the thing: Our traffic is generated by human whim. There's a million and one factors that determine if somebody will log onto a camsite at a particular time of night or what-have-you. I always hesitate getting on during a football game, but am always pleasantly surprised by the amount of traffic I get. Lots of girls worry that they'll see a slump during the holidays, while some girls have their best months then. Other girls worry that summertime will affect their earnings, and others have fantastic summers. You wouldn't believe how often camgirls ask each other, "is it slow for you lately?" and they'll get an emphatic "YES! :( " from some girls, and an "uhh, no. My night was great!" from others. There's always going to be enough girls to validate any other girl's experience with traffic and earnings, be it slow or wonderful.

Basically, I doubt there's ever going to be a united response across the board. From what I've seen, the last two months have actually been really competitive for top 100, meaning that there's quite a bit of traffic and earnings for models. Obviously, this won't jive for a model who didn't experience that. It's just the nature of the beast- camming is unpredictable in part because humans are unpredictable.

Also, I don't think camming will decay down the line- I think it will evolve into something different as technology changes though. As long as humans have libidos, there's always going to be some form of sexual entertainment around, making a profit.

Thank you! This enlightens me quite. In a a way, is quite more a positive view than what I was having :)
So, in the long run cams might be (it was actually one of the 2 options I was considering possible) just like many other things in technology and social media: A matter to adapt, mostly. I was fearing it was being a total global disaster and the majority of models were having a really hard time. It seems is not, and more of a matter to apply new techniques, and improve, for those models earning very little now. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: CharlotteLace
There are always going to be girls doing poorly with little traffic, while other girls are doing well with high traffic.

I, personally, had an average of about maybe 10-20 people in my room for about two years after I started MFC. I could NOT get anyone in my room for ages. The other day I had my highest room count with over 1000. So for me, this hasn't been the case at all.

But tomorrow? Could be 10. Camming is super unpredictable, and there's always a reason for low traffic.

Something to keep in mind; if lots of girls are complaining about it being slow, it's likely that the ones doing well aren't going to talk about their success in consideration. Girls are often vocal when things are bad, but when they're good and your friends are struggling, you don't want to brag. Because you understand what it's like to struggle yourself.

Thank you! So, this is actually more positive feedback. The randomness seems to be quite a factor, though. But it all seems brighter than I thought....

Don't forget the holidays are probably having an impact during the last few months of the year. Less disposable income to go towards entertainment. More family obligationsm so less time spent on cam sites. There are a myriad of things that can affect the business for some models. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Finebrush
Yes! I am actually hoping it is just that, and/or maybe also that it might be affecting only the mid-low end of the score table... (at MFC)

Status
Not open for further replies.