AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a decline in the number of Chaturbate's viewers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, i didn't realise how many pages of them there was!
I changed my account to "female" and went and looked: 10 pages show, if I add "male" to the end of the URL, it's at 9 pages. That's a lot more than I imagined (these are just exhibitionist ones).

I joke a lot about this with one or 2 models, but the reason it seems to be is because the average guy (on these sites at least) seem to ALL think they are Gods Gift to women, so they turn on their cam, and go annoy every woman thinking/expecting them to be all "omg yes, i would LOVE to watch your cam free".
I never realised how vain guys were until I saw these types of sites - or at least them on CB. Doesn't matter either, if they are toned and muscular, young or old... or wtf. I am not shaming etc but my point is that all guys seem to think they are Gods Gift, that's all It's great to be body confident. It's like the whole thing of guys thinking you poor ladies constantly want dick pics.

Anyway rant over haha

But not confident enough to put a $ sign on it lol
one of my friends, I chat in her room and the amount of guys that are like "im a model too, come watch me" and their page is only open to women.... your not a model, the Colombian girls know how to hustle those guys, you'll see them in the male model rooms, follow them back to their room and like 90% of their room is on cam and they do make $ so i guess it works....it all gives male models a bad name imo though, no wonder it's hard to convince guys that it's a job.

I just worked out I can dual cam (cant split cam because too much cpu usage) so im back on F4F, their payout's suck it's like 20% but they have decent traffic and no free shows and im the only one of my bodytype on there so pretty much have an entire market to myself.... we will see how it goes i guess

If any of you want to understand algorithms in relation to streaming/content just a little bit better, give this a watch when you can.
Sort of related. Use your imagination and apply it to what's going on with CB.

The part about thumb nails and titles was interesting.

Most Full Time Models are pretty good making their thumbnails click bait. I mean they know how to pose, and frame themselves, wearing or doing some thing interesting. Some models have interesting backdrops or rich colors creating a good contrast.

So...something kind of interesting happened tonight, I used my c920 for flirt4free because I'm looking at moving off chaturbate due to my earnings dropping so much, but since I cant just jump into a site and not know if it's gonna work any better I set my c270 in a second instance of obs and broadcast to chaturbate at 1152x648 so not hd.... and I had more traffic than normal. Could be coincidence, we will see over the next couple days.

Reactions: Lelo1
Wow, i didn't realise how many pages of them there was!
I changed my account to "female" and went and looked: 10 pages show, if I add "male" to the end of the URL, it's at 9 pages. That's a lot more than I imagined (these are just exhibitionist ones).

I joke a lot about this with one or 2 models, but the reason it seems to be is because the average guy (on these sites at least) seem to ALL think they are Gods Gift to women, so they turn on their cam, and go annoy every woman thinking/expecting them to be all "omg yes, i would LOVE to watch your cam free".
I never realised how vain guys were until I saw these types of sites - or at least them on CB. Doesn't matter either, if they are toned and muscular, young or old... or wtf. I am not shaming etc but my point is that all guys seem to think they are Gods Gift, that's all It's great to be body confident. It's like the whole thing of guys thinking you poor ladies constantly want dick pics.

Wouldn't a lot of male exhibitionist cams on the public pages just be gay males looking to connect to others who are the same?

The guys you are referring to usually make their pages private or female-only and then wander around the site asking female models for free C2C. I assume these are the same people who used to walk around in trench coats exposing themselves to randoms anywhere, but technology gave them a new hobby. :) In any case, models can charge decent money to put up with that noise, as long as they have discipline to not give into free requests.

To me the more annoying thing for models is that CB allows some class of viewers to initiate PMs to the model. One of my favorite models complains that it eats up a lot of her time to deal with that traffic. CB should really give models a way to silence a PM once it initiates from either side.

last days botnet owners adapted their bots for the new system, and the all "top" models who used bots before again on the top spots. bots are still profitable.

i don't spend much time on the site like before, because i moved all my traffic to the other sites...
i just check if something is changes to the right direction. but too much models who use bots are on the top places.

Of the obvious bot nets (used by many girls, always same "user accounts") I think only one is highly effective right now. All rooms with these bots pop up quite high on the front page after 5-10 minutes (almost zero anonymous viewers, quite easy to spot, look for the user account "aldusjenkerson", about 100 blue user accounts that come and go in bulk). But surely for some (not all though) rooms with these bots having used them over results in a constant positive feedback loop (got that term from the video in here). And since this net works, I have no doubt there will be others less obvious, used more privately and also that other bot net owners will upgrade their bot accounts accordingly.

Also the high ranking contest rooms and the high ranking rooms according to cb algo drift further and further apart.

I still say cb should just offer users more options to display rooms. Bot net owners will always find a way to counter whatever cb changes.

Not sure if the hourly contest really makes sense anymore. These numbers can be manipulated just too easily.

For myself, total viewer number is fluctuating (I don't even care about that number anymore), my tipping members stay constant. 90% regulars and the occasional random tipper. Income is also relatively stable.

Yeah lol, no idea what these terms mean. I'm just writing these things, because until some months I had absolutely no idea about bots, third party promotions for specific rooms etc.

And it can have a devastating effect on your psyche seeing a LOT of rooms (not just the unexplainable sensation that will always be there) that are empty or have a broadcaster playing around with the phone paying zero attention to the audience getting a LOT more viewers than yourself not leaving the cam unattended and trying to be engaging with whatever user comes to your room. The number of rooms with this pattern seems smaller now compared to two months ago.

Now I consider the viewer number just this, a number that can have many sources and does not necessarily reflect human person watching the stream. It was good for my nerves to find out about these things.

In this context I believe the correct term is "viewer bot" or "view bot". They trick cb algorithm for room placement putting the room higher on the page making it morey likely that real users find and/or enter the room. Basically to make a room go or stay "viral" to stay in the language used in that video about youtube.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Dan Epstein
Interesting read from 2015. Also made me check cb tos again and indeed there is no mention of bot room promotion being against cb tos (unethical though for sure).

Are you sure about that?

CB TOS said:
You may not use any automated means to in anyway monitor, "scrape", download, use or otherwise collect data and/or content from the Site, including, without limitation, robots/bots, crawlers, or data mining tools.

Those that use bots can enjoy their bots and their measly $5 or $10 if they win the hour. (Cheaters eventually get caught)

Only real followers tip, buy your videos, your snapchats, your gift cards and so on.
And that is all that matters in the end. :)

I won't be posting in this thread anymore..
What I have found out with what some will do has been an eye opener.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure about that?
You may not use any automated means to in anyway monitor, "scrape", download, use or otherwise collect data and/or content from the Site, including, without limitation, robots/bots, crawlers, or data mining tools.
This may not apply to view bot's since they dont collect or scrape data from chaturbate...It does mean though that using a custom obs overlay is against the chaturbate tos since that does scrape data from the site, such as tip amounts and usernames, tokens collected etc to trigger the animations on the overlay. On the other hand, chaturbate has an api for the sole purpose of making scripts and bots for scraping the model feeds for affiliates to use in their marketing

IMOP that sentence is saying using a bot for any purpose is prohibited. Not just for scraping, or downloading video, but any use of the site.

But if you asked CB support, is lovense allowed, they would probable say yes.
But if you asked CB support, can I use a bot net to try and manipulate my ranking, they'd would probable say no.

Maybe this was mentioned (this thread has become HUGE) but I checked the grey users in a few very high earning models with about 4,000- 5,000 users in their rooms. There are grey users that just SEEM fake. Their user names are only numbers and almost all of them have blank profiles and are most times from Tokyo. One of the rooms was even "banned" which I don't even know what that means. Are these bots or just random users? Just trying to figure out this whole bot thing, as to be honest I really don't get it or how its done.4

Most likely bots.
yep, and apparently in production now and no more in beta-test

Just trying to figure out this whole bot thing, as to be honest I really don't get it or how its done.4

Trying to do very (too much ? but we don't care^^) simple :
A bot is a program or, more precisely a programmed user (not a real buddy, but just a robot).
A program can act like a user, with a name and password and then connect bots to a room or more.
We imagine that a program can also create bots profiles, choosing automatically names and passwords.
This seems coherent with what you observed : names automatically generated by a program maybe

What is suspected here is simply this :
Some models/studios would like to pay somebody (a real person buying a service, or buy a program...) to simulate fake users by launching a program which creates & connect Bots to the site.

This real person would launch many bots like this to fulfill 1 room, simulating a room with "a big success" and cause it to be raised on first page...
Or currently, as algorithms changed, they simply tried at this moment to measure more precisely how CB algorithm works by connecting and observing the result to ameliorate their bots.
I think that it is what some models observed in their own room (and posted in this forum), many users coming suddenly then leaving suddenly too : Bots doing a test run, because we trust these models, they haven't buy this kind of promotion tool.

But we'll never have the real answer here I guess)

Reactions: dark_mermaid
IP address via proxy. Another top room, winning the hourly contest often, has a lot of viewers from South Korea, even though it's deep night time there often.

Of the obvious bot nets (used by many girls, always same "user accounts") I think only one is highly effective right now. All rooms with these bots pop up quite high on the front page after 5-10 minutes (almost zero anonymous viewers, quite easy to spot, look for the user account "aldusjenkerson", about 100 blue user accounts that come and go in bulk).

These about 100 token loaded bot accounts are banned now. Makes me wonder if it was my posting here that caused it.

Generally the viewer numbers on the front page have gone down a LOT again in the last days. Did cb ban some ip addresses? For some weeks it seemed as if 1,000 viewers would be the new 100 viewers...

About the banned accounts in a room. I've seen this too, many banned accounts in a room. CB does not seem to be able to disconnect accounts when they delete (ban) them.

I'm sure that there's actually 2 way to ban from site :
- Ban the room : generally advertising profiles are fastly banned... and re-created fastly too. User stay able to post in chats.
- Ban the viewer : user name and his ip are banned as well. He has to used a vpn and change of name if he really want to reco to the site

Hello again,
I noticed that one Romanian studio got a solution to make her girl in top so this algorithm still dont works well. They have 5 girls, and used to used "blue users account" and these girls were always on first page. Now only one girl is on top or sometimes two. Why it happend? Because they log to their room for 1 hour or sometimes 2 hours BLUE DARK users account. I dont know why but always give one girl - no nickname but she is / has very "orange" skin, after tancreme etc and they give her these users. Then sometimes they send to the second girl with very big boobs with yellow bed. What is funny- this studio give only these- the same girls this bot, I think these proxies which they USE must be VERY EXPENSIVE so they not give to all girls but only these two ones. What do you think guys, what kind of proxies they can use? Or maybe this girl jump because they use dark blue accounts?

PS. They used in the past dark blue account bot much longer with the same nicknames- if girls were online 8 hours then they open this bot for each girl. Now only for 1-2 and for short time. Then after 1 hour she is on 4 page again, and then they turn on it again and she is on 1st page.

Noticed it too. User names of this bot net are "bfalo", "googol35", "alotreading" and "advent82" and many, many more.

I do not know why these bots work again and manipulate room placement again.

So I guess I spoke too soon about these "bots" because a few days ago I was on the front page and I, too, had really weird looking grey users. The first one was just a number... you can check out the profile the username is "21011992". It looked familiar to what I saw in the other girls' rooms the other day, they were just top 10 so they had maybe 5-8 of these weird number usernames. I don't use bots so my only thought is that MAYBE this is a real user OR this could be a bot recording my show. Everyone one of my shows (as do a lot of girls) gets recorded and placed on 100s of sites. Maybe some of these bots are these recording devices... just a thought.

The recording bots are anonymous viewers. If they were registered, models could potentially ban them.

Status
Not open for further replies.