AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a Non-Naked trend increasing in webcam industry?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see more and more ladies entering in webcam industry, and not willing to undress at all...:)

Practically all they do from what once was (and fortunatelly still is!) VideoChat, is only Chatting...:)

They only laugh and talk, some saying even totally weird things or playing non-sense games, but men seem to be attracted and some of these "new webcam stars" reach even in to the tops...

Will this trend increase, or we are talking about...just a few "geniuses"?

:)

Reactions: mfctourist
Re: Is there a Non-Naked trend increasing in webcam industry

Jobs4Adults.com said:
I see more and more ladies entering in webcam industry, and not willing to undress at all...:)

Practically all they do from what once was (and fortunatelly still is!) VideoChat, is only Chatting...:)

They only laugh and talk, some saying even totally weird things or playing non-sense games, but men seem to be attracted and some of these "new webcam stars" reach even in to the tops...

:)

I've seen some who were "naked" models who switched to "non-naked" and saw a big drop in earnings and then switched back :lol:

LacieDiamond said:
Guarantee it will increase. As long as men are small minded, they think 'there is always a chance..' :whistle:

I'm confused.
Are you calling men small minded for spending money on non-nude camgirls, or are you calling them small minded in general?
Either way, I can't say that I agree with you.

I think there is two trends increasing right now: Non-naked and at work. And, if I'm not wrong, there is even a non completely naked bartender (or juice maid, I'm not sure) cam model.

Reactions: Jobs4Adults.com

MrRodry said:
I think there is two trends increasing right now: Non-naked and at work. And, if I'm not wrong, there is even a non completely naked bartender (or juice maid, I'm not sure) cam model.

Are you thinking of Eevie? She cams in the day time sometimes from work in a coffee stand in super sexy outfits.
I wouldn't call her non completely naked though, she signs on at night and gets naked and does shows then.

NoelleBright said:
LacieDiamond said:
Guarantee it will increase. As long as men are small minded, they think 'there is always a chance..' :whistle:

I'm confused.
Are you calling men small minded for spending money on non-nude camgirls, or are you calling them small minded in general?

I'm not sure if it makes them small minded, or if that's the right word, but there is an element with men that they crave and crave and crave something, and will do anything to get it, but when they get it, they don't want it. It's like with one night stands, men will often work really really hard to get what they want, which is sex, and then once the sex is done they'll bugger off, essentially punishing the woman for putting out. So really if a woman never puts out she gets taken on loads of dates, gets treated nicely and with respect etc, so she gets rewarded for not giving the man what he wants. It's a little warped but unfortunately true. Men like what they can't have, especially if there is always the hint that they might possibly be able to have it. This is not all men, but a lot of men do work this way. Many women work on a very similar concept as in we like the chase and what we cannot have, but it's usually less sex based. I think it's more about however clever we think we are as a species, we're really all totally dumb and fall for the same old routine. If you look at it from the outside it seems completely retarded, but there you go, when we're actually in the situation pretty much all of us are prone to fall for it.

All I will say is: Men, you brought this on yourselves. When a girl is nude etc rather than tipping for it, you settle down and watch for free. And when a girl is fully dressed and doing a little tease, the tips roll in because you want her naked. It's not a bad thing enjoying the tease, but if you would rather less non nude models, then tip the bloody nude models!

Well, since MFC now openly accepts applicants for NON-NUDE models, you can probably imagine why girls are doing it. Not only do they allow/condone it, many girls who are non-nude temptresses and teases do quite well without showing much skin. This is alluring to many girls for a ton of reasons. Why subject yourself to everything that comes with being naked on the internet if you don't really have to be?

So yes, to answer the OP's question, of course it is going to be something you will see more and more.

Many viewers have different tastes than you, and that's the great thing about cam sites; there's a ton of models to choose from, and I guarantee at some point you'll find some that you like.

It seems to bug you so why don't you just click next model? Don't focus on things that you don't enjoy or understand.

Isabella_deL said:
NoelleBright said:
LacieDiamond said:

I'm confused.

I'm not sure if it makes them small minded, or if that's the right word, but there is an element with men that they crave and crave and crave something, and will do anything to get it, but when they get it, they don't want it. It's like with one night stands, men will often work really really hard to get what they want, which is sex, and then once the sex is done they'll bugger off, essentially punishing the woman for putting out. So really if a woman never puts out she gets taken on loads of dates, gets treated nicely and with respect etc, so she gets rewarded for not giving the man what he wants. It's a little warped but unfortunately true. Men like what they can't have, especially if there is always the hint that they might possibly be able to have it. This is not all men, but a lot of men do work this way. Many women work on a very similar concept as in we like the chase and what we cannot have, but it's usually less sex based. I think it's more about however clever we think we are as a species, we're really all totally dumb and fall for the same old routine. If you look at it from the outside it seems completely retarded, but there you go, when we're actually in the situation pretty much all of us are prone to fall for it.

All I will say is: Men, you brought this on yourselves. When a girl is nude etc rather than tipping for it, you settle down and watch for free. And when a girl is fully dressed and doing a little tease, the tips roll in because you want her naked. It's not a bad thing enjoying the tease, but if you would rather less non nude models, then tip the bloody nude models!

"The chase" is almost always more fun than the actual event. As far as guys watching the nude girls for free and tipping the teasers, that's not always the case. I've seen many girls "showered" with tips as a "reward" after they get naked and to keep them naked. It does, however, get boring sometimes if you know a specific model will be naked before you even enter their room. It's like after you've seen a model's naked body over and over and over without much teasing, all the mystery and excitement is gone.

I don't mind it so much.
Sure, I want to see most women naked as much as the next guy. But I've discovered that nudity isn't the only thing that can make a camgirl's room interesting and entertaining.
There are also a lot of beautiful, clothed women posting videos on Youtube all the time. But what Youtube lacks is the interactivity of a cam site. I've never gotten a "Hello" from a pre-recorded video, and I can't crack a joke to make her laugh in it.
One thing I would like to see on MFC, though, is a tag or checklist saying what a model's comfort levels are. I've had a few models get very angry when I ask about a private show & they tell me they're non nude. While I respect their choice, if it's not mentioned on her profile, how is anyone supposed to know this without asking her? And there'll always be new people asking, or the same ones occasionally asking if the levels have changed.
Even a coloured box or line on the model's cam feed would be sufficient (because we all know most people won't read a girl's profile). Have it range from green for zero nudity, right on up to red for the ultra naughty girls. I suggested such a system to MFC support a while back, so maybe something's already in the works (I have my doubts).

Isabella_deL said:

What did we bring on?? I'm confused. Is this thread taking the view that non-nude models are a bad thing? Something undesirable that's come along as a result of 'men being men'? Is there resentment from nude models for non-nude models who make similar money to them without having to get naked? I'm so confused :-D

I don't see why non-nude models are an issue one way or another. People tip for all kinds of reasons. More and more, I think guys are becoming attracted to the social element of MFC - being able to hang out with cool, fun ladies who share similar interests and also happen to be really hot and spend the night in escalating states of undress. I'd count myself among this group's number. If any of the models I speak to regularly became non-nude, I wouldn't stop visiting any of them. Which suggests that the appeal is talking to them and hanging out in their room with like-minded regulars as opposed to seeing them do sexy stuffs with their woo woos (though that's undeniably appealing too).

So with that being the case, I could easily see myself becoming a regular of a non-nude model and tipping for the exact same reasons I currently tip nude models (for the entertainment they provide, be it nude shows or simply talking about inane shit for half the night). And if there are guys tipping non-nude models simply and purely in the misguided hopes that they do get naked... is that a bad thing? I'm sure there are plenty of guys who tip nude models for equally misguided reasons ("if I tip her a bajillion tokens, she might sleep with me!"). :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
What did we bring on?? I'm confused. Is this thread taking the view that non-nude models are a bad thing? Something undesirable that's come along as a result of 'men being men'? Is there resentment from nude models for non-nude models who make similar money to them without having to get naked? I'm so confused

Dam the internet, it's so difficult to convey tone with type! I meant that in a very light way and more focused on the guys who are chronic freeloaders and then moan when a girl isn't naked. Most members of this forum are not the standard member of mfc. You are though usually the types of members who models actually give a dam about. You are unfortunately a relatively small percentage though. I was being deliberately over dramatic.

Honestly I'm not surprised why there are girls who want to be non nude models. I mean loads of people do kind of look down on girls with a 1000 camscore, or at least see them as not being that successful, but 1000 camscore is still paying a really decent wage per hour. So I could see a lot of girls preferring to just make $20 per hour and never take their clothes off, never have the same sorts of risks and judgement that nude models have to put up with, and hey, if they end up making more, which is very possible, then they can! Personally, I love being naked and I love doing masturbation shows and only do them when I'm in the mood which means they're always fun. Although I love doing them though, I really would love to cut a load of the risks out which come from being a nude model.

Now do I resent non nude models who are very successful? Or even models who strip to a point but don't do shows?My first answer would be no, not at all. That'd be mostly true, but also partly a lie. Yes there is a very small part of me who will always resent people who do better than me. I think anyone who says differently would be lying to themselves. There is also a rather bigger part of me who respects those people. It's like when something amazing happens to one of your friends that you wanted, you love them and most of you is proud and happy for them, but there will always be a part of you that'll be a bit jealous and resentful about it, even if it's a very small part. On the whole though, no, I don't really give a crap what any other model earns but myself. I find it interesting and generally have pretty good feelings towards other models if I think about it at all. No my post was absolutely nothing to do with any form of resent. Was more joking about guys complaining and complaining about girls, complaining when we take our clothes off, complaining when we don't. Complaining we don't do enough for free, complaining we do too much. I literally hear so much of it I can't help but roll my eyes and laugh about it.
Anyway, that probably made very little sense....

Kradek said:
re: small minded, did I miss something in the OP?

i don't think so.....i took the phrase as one of those broad humorous generalities with just enough truth to make you stop and think.....was surprised -as usual- how it turned into the focus of so many posts....i will say there was perhaps a twang of bitterness in it.....but....so what?

if we can't laugh at ourselves in a forum, real life is gonna be a hopeless proposition, imo.

as so many are fond of saying here: if you don't like it, click next.

Reactions: missmeowmixx

Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:
What did we bring on?? I'm confused. Is this thread taking the view that non-nude models are a bad thing? Something undesirable that's come along as a result of 'men being men'? Is there resentment from nude models for non-nude models who make similar money to them without having to get naked? I'm so confused

Dam the internet, it's so difficult to convey tone with type! I meant that in a very light way and more focused on the guys who are chronic freeloaders and then moan when a girl isn't naked. Most members of this forum are not the standard member of mfc. You are though usually the types of members who models actually give a dam about. You are unfortunately a relatively small percentage though. I was being deliberately over dramatic.

Honestly I'm not surprised why there are girls who want to be non nude models. I mean loads of people do kind of look down on girls with a 1000 camscore, or at least see them as not being that successful, but 1000 camscore is still paying a really decent wage per hour. So I could see a lot of girls preferring to just make $20 per hour and never take their clothes off, never have the same sorts of risks and judgement that nude models have to put up with, and hey, if they end up making more, which is very possible, then they can! Personally, I love being naked and I love doing masturbation shows and only do them when I'm in the mood which means they're always fun. Although I love doing them though, I really would love to cut a load of the risks out which come from being a nude model.

Now do I resent non nude models who are very successful? Or even models who strip to a point but don't do shows?My first answer would be no, not at all. That'd be mostly true, but also partly a lie. Yes there is a very small part of me who will always resent people who do better than me. I think anyone who says differently would be lying to themselves. There is also a rather bigger part of me who respects those people. It's like when something amazing happens to one of your friends that you wanted, you love them and most of you is proud and happy for them, but there will always be a part of you that'll be a bit jealous and resentful about it, even if it's a very small part. On the whole though, no, I don't really give a crap what any other model earns but myself. I find it interesting and generally have pretty good feelings towards other models if I think about it at all. No my post was absolutely nothing to do with any form of resent. Was more joking about guys complaining and complaining about girls, complaining when we take our clothes off, complaining when we don't. Complaining we don't do enough for free, complaining we do too much. I literally hear so much of it I can't help but roll my eyes and laugh about it.
Anyway, that probably made very little sense....

wrong izzy....it did :thumbleft:

as far as the OP....

i hope so......i like a good salad as much as good steak :lol:

Jobs4Adults.com said:

It doesn't seem that new to me.

I think models are just different from one another. Members are different from one another too. If it's a trend, it would only suggest that not everyone likes the same thing.

Variety's good.

Alexandra Cole said:
Jobs4Adults.com said:

It doesn't seem that new to me.

I think models are just different from one another. Members are different from one another too. If it's a trend, it would only suggest that not everyone likes the same thing.

Variety's good.

Brilliant. Said what I was going to say in about 5000 words. :)

Thank you

If MFC is actively pursuing non-nude models, I can't say I have noticed an increase. I can guess at why they would and it is goes hand in hand with their philosophy on why there is free in Myfreecams. A certain percentage of these non-nude models will do well for themselves and MFC without having to get naked. A small percentage to be sure. Another percentage will decide to get naked on camera either because they feel more comfortable being non-nude to start, because they find the idea exciting or they want to make more money. Some other percent will quit if they make no money and still do not want to get naked.

MFC does not care if the models do non-nude or nude shows as long as they are making money. They want to keep the number of models online high and probably want a certain amount of turnover or influx of new models. Just as a certain percentage of guests and basics will eventually buy tokens a certain percentage of the non-nudes models will do well or eventually get nude. Of course I am assuming non-nude models do not do as well as those that get nude. I base that on just a snapshot observation from this moment. 1400 models online, top 200 in camscore are all models that do nudity. The lowest camscore of that 200 is 1489.

Not sure where I was going with all of that, except to say I do not see a trend towards non-nude models. :lol:

Did you ever have the experience where some model you see all the time, maybe she's got the flu or only has a little time between getting home from school & studying that she comes on a bit to maybe chat with regulars & she's totally clothed? There are always a lot of "wow, you look so sexy in those jeans and blouse" etc.
I think it really comes down to variety. Sometimes you see so much of something one way that when you see it in a new light it's a turn on.

There is a model ( i think she's a Jenifer love hewett look alike) that's always clothed. You hear people dish a lot of shit on her but from what i see she's very entertaining & innovative. If she's good at it & earns a living so what, bravo to her.

I really have not noticed a trend as far as an increase in non-nude models, at least on MFC.

There's your answer. Now for my personal opinion on non-nude models, in general, not that anybody cares, but you know, whatever.

It seems to me that the non-nude models have to work very hard to be successful (don't get your knickers in a knot, I'm not implying anything in regards to nude models, bear with me). And for the most part, that success will never reach the level of the really successful nude models. The non-nude models have to be flush with personality or quirkiness or a certain inexplicable something. And that's just to be on page one.

Certainly being non-nude on a site such as MFC is not the standard modus operandi. Probably not the best route to take for success. But it can work for certain models. Even so, it has got to be difficult.

Take a look at the models consistently on the top few rows of MFC and they all have the personality/quirkiness/inexplicable something that the successful non-nude models have (see, I told you to bear with me). Plus the nudity/shows, etc.

From being on this forum for 1 1/2 years, I do not have any doubt that anyone even remotely successful in this business works for every nickel thrown their way. Harder than any of member will ever know.

I get the appeal of the non-nude model. There are a couple that I hang out with from time to time. But, they have litlle something that keeps guys coming back. Mostly, not able to really be articulated, it's just there. And, yeah, they get the same douchebags as the nude models do. Mostly berating the members for tipping even though she's not going to show anything.

Anyway, depending on what kind of mood I'm in, there is alwaysa plethora of models on MFC and surely several who will fit my particular mood that day. That's kinda the beauty of the whole thing, isn't it?

The Insider said:
Did you ever have the experience where some model you see all the time, maybe she's got the flu or only has a little time between getting home from school & studying that she comes on a bit to maybe chat with regulars & she's totally clothed? There are always a lot of "wow, you look so sexy in those jeans and blouse" etc.
I think it really comes down to variety. Sometimes you see so much of something one way that when you see it in a new light it's a turn on.
snipped

i think the insider hit on something here. if youve ever been to a nudist resort, or if you are around naked people a lot it tends to be just normal instead of something racy or exciting or sexual. after a decade giving baths to people nudity to me is just a lack of clothing rather than a turn on by itself. as lewis grizzard put it theres naked, then there nekkid.
naked is you have no clothes on, nekkid is when you have no clothes on and are up to something.
heck last time i went to a nude beach the lady in the gstring bikini was getting all the stares.

I sure don't notice a trend. There is a tiny number of non nude models who are successful. A small number of models who get nude sparingly and increasingly small number, who actually obey the written, but mostly unenforced rules of MFC, not cum shows, penetration etc in public. There are what 2 non-nude models who break into the top 100 each month?

This is actually one of those "The market will decide situations". If the model is non-nude just looking for chat and not trying to make money, then that is fine. She wont really care how many people are in her room and thus tipping or purchasing shows. If she is trying to earn money: while there are a few, there arent many customers available to her. As the owner of MFC, I would probably not allow those just looking for chat on. I am sorry, but my resources are for making money, not socializing only. If said non-nude model is making money, I would keep her on. Business 101 I suppose. In all though...I think I can only think of 1 or 2 non-nude models, that can reasonably be called successful.

A bigger trend that I am personally seeing are models who are clearly from other sites, trying to run their room as if it was their old one. Many models seem to say they wont show anything until pvt; even if tipped. On the surface that seems fair. But what they dont realize is that, from site to site come different customers. Different customers bring different expectations. MFC customers have been spoiled. Whether they are getting a free show, or a full public cum show for a measly sum of tokens. I have noticed that those models dont last long.

All that said: As a businessman myself, I have no problem with the way any model runs her room (non-nude or otherwise). Again, the market will decide. A model working for her tokens will get them...models who refuse to work for them wont.

Ataboy said:
This is actually one of those "The market will decide situations". If the model is non-nude just looking for chat and not trying to make money, then that is fine. She wont really care how many people are in her room and thus tipping or purchasing shows. If she is trying to earn money: while there are a few, there arent many customers available to her. As the owner of MFC, I would probably not allow those just looking for chat on. I am sorry, but my resources are for making money, not socializing only. If said non-nude model is making money, I would keep her on.
But that's the whole thought behind Camscore. If a model isn't making money, she'll wind up on page 3, and then she won't have anyone coming into her room to chat anymore, and she will quit.

That being said, I don't think more than 0.5% of the models on MFC are there just looking for chat and not trying to make any money. That's what sites like blogtv or tinychat are for.

RogueWarrior said:
It seems to me that the non-nude models have to work very hard to be successful (don't get your knickers in a knot, I'm not implying anything in regards to nude models, bear with me). And for the most part, that success will never reach the level of the really successful nude models. The non-nude models have to be flush with personality or quirkiness or a certain inexplicable something. And that's just to be on page one.

I completely agree with you. Don't worry I don't think anyone's going to get upset over you saying that, you didn't imply that nude girls don't work hard, but what you said about non nudes having to work harder to be successful is absolutely true. Cumshows and nudity can be hard work etc, but they don't take much imaginative pre thought or pre preparation. The work in camming is generally that it can be a big mental strain and very mentally stressful. Physically it can also be tiring if you're doing a lot of dancing/shows, shows especially I find exhausting and turn into some kind of space kadet after I orgasm. But essentially the hardest thing I find is the mental exhaustion. I am a nude model because it is a fuck load easier to be a successful nude model than a successful non nude model. I mean for example I was watching Panzii and looking at her profile, her profile has a lot of info etc on it, all very thought out, she's obviously selling things like art etc rather than cumshows, and I must say, to get a load of guys who came to mfc looking for some sexy women to turn away from the cumshows and want to buy art takes some skill! Yes there are members around who would probably buy my art etc if I ever bothered to put it up for sale... but I wouldn't be able to make the bulk of my income from it. I know she has had quite a bit of shit from freeloaders about having got to number 1 and being non nude, but fucking hell, I say respect! That is no easy thing to achieve.
Being a non nude model doesn't have to be difficult, but being a successful non nude model does take quite a lot extra than being a successful nude model. Neither are easy though, and obviously you can't really compare as some girls just have natural talent/luck/looks. An absolutely gorgeous interesting non nude model is probably going to have an easier time than a not very good looking nude model.

Status
Not open for further replies.