AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lasik?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoBelle

Cam Model
Apr 29, 2012
I'm looking into Lasik. Have any of you personally had it done? If so, please share your stories (whether it be good or bad). Thanks in advance!

If you are younger than say, 30 or 35, and your prescription is stable and your ophthalmologist raises zero objections, I would say it's probably worth your while. It's no riskier than wearing contacts, imo. By the time it became reasonably affordable and commonplace, my eyesight started changing again, so I didn't take a chance. I have a very weak prescription, and function well enough without glasses, and my distance vision is now better than it was when I was young(er).

There are risks, but most people seem to be, on balance, happy with the results. My old boss had it done, and he had some issues, which required a few return visits.

If you have started doing research, you may have already come across sites like this one, though.
http://www.lasikdisaster.com/

Reactions: Brad
I had it done about nine or ten years ago I think. I just got to the point my glasses were simply too infuriating to put up with anymore. So I looked around and found the cheapest place doing it, and maxed out my credit card to pay for it. I had just been laid off from my job, and was on unemployment at the time.

My eyesight is still good, but I was told before I got it done I would still need reading glasses when I got older.

We have been interested in this for Maggy because she has very poor eyesight. But I get scared when reading about the possible complications like the ones listed on that site. I too appreciate info from people that have had it.

My dad had it done because of glaucoma (no other options), and the first time they messed up his eyesight so badly that he could barely see. He was in immense amounts of pain, and after his eyes healed, they had to do the surgery again only prolonging his pain. He can see now, but has to wear reading glasses. Needless to say, he's not a fan.

My vision is so bad, that the doctors say I'll be legally blind in less than 10 years if I don't get it done. Basically, I'm just weighing the good versus bad from people I know who have experiences. Thanks, guys.

while I haven't had it done, I know people who have, 4 people... and they are happy with results. talking with and asking them a bunch of questions has convinced me it's A-OK

personally, when I can afford it, without putting it on my cred stick, I'll be having it done. (maybe next year, if I get a decent tax refund)
I'm tired of glasses, been wearing them since grade 8... contacts are annoying... and I want to wear sunglasses :p

I_Am_Iris said:
My dad had it done because of glaucoma (no other options), and the first time they messed up his eyesight so badly that he could barely see. He was in immense amounts of pain, and after his eyes healed, they had to do the surgery again only prolonging his pain. He can see now, but has to wear reading glasses. Needless to say, he's not a fan.

My vision is so bad, that the doctors say I'll be legally blind in less than 10 years if I don't get it done. Basically, I'm just weighing the good versus bad from people I know who have experiences. Thanks, guys.

It was hard not to move my eyes while getting it done, and it smells bad as the lasers burn your eyes. The recovery was painless though, I just had to get someone to walk me inside since I was not supposed to open my eyes for several hours. I did have to use eye drops to keep my eyes moist, even if you get the temporary tear duct plugs you need to do that for several weeks.

I know lots of people who have done it and nobody's had problems.

My eyes are actually so bad that the doctor said it wouldn't make any difference. :(

I always thought I would eventually, but I have an astigmatism and a lazy eye. My doctor told me a few months ago that I'm losing sight in the weasel eye. Apparently, that means most doctors will not take a chance and do surgery because if you only have one good eye, it's not worth risking. Ugh. Contacts forever.

I_Am_Iris said:
I'm looking into Lasik. Have any of you personally had it done? If so, please share your stories (whether it be good or bad). Thanks in advance!

You are going to hear good and bad stories. Personally, I would get a few opinions from opthamologist's and any close friends and relatives that have a similar problem as yours. I am a lucky one and have 20/20 vision so can not give a personal opinion. Most of the stories I have heard about lasik have been good.

Here are a couple of links about the risks:
http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/p...res/surgeryandlifesupport/lasik/ucm061354.htm
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lasik-eye-surgery/MY00376/DSECTION=risks

I worked at a Lasik clinic for quite a while.

The technology keeps getting better. It sucks for those of us who are VERY nearsighted tho as it's more risky (and more expensive.) If you have a medium or mild prescription then do it! But yeah you still will probably need reading glasses as you cruise thru your 50s. meh!

I'll never get it because due to my crazy nearsightedness (i assume) i can see microscopic things, and also have a really nifty halo-dot-thingy going on with night lights and such. It's quite pretty and also I find it really comforting to be able to go into "fuzzy world" as i call it. =)

Most people go thru it happy. I think in my 2 years working at the clinic i maybe saw 2 people come back for touchups or whatever. Out of something like 650 patients a year. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.