AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Let's talk about a blatant exploit that chaturbate refuses to address.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2018
Ok so let me preface this by saying I really did not want to post this here, because I actually really like chaturbate. I've met a lot of really cool people, spent a lot of money and had a lot of fun the past two years on cb. I've even gotten some of my more open minded kink oriented female friends to start camming on cb, and i've gotten some real life relationships and friendships out of it. But after having recently been scammed through no fault of my own by someone using an exploit involving private shows, and having tried (and failed) to contact cb support to address this I feel like i'm left with no choice but whistleblowing, if that term is even applicable here.

So what's the exploit? Well, if you have a minimum time on your private shows, such as 10 minutes, and manage to convince someone to enter in, you can immediately ban them and you will still receive the full 10 minutes worth of tokens. So, say your private show is set to 30tk/min, and you accept a private as a model, then immediately ban the person who wanted to pvt, you can effectively steal 300 tokens from them without doing anything for them.

Some context: I was nothing but respectful and full of compliments to the girl who did this to me, and I wasn't even the one that suggested the private, an indication that it was her intention to do this to me from the start. Even worse is in the 'my collections' tab on the website I can see a recording of the private show in which the girl immediately bans me when the "show" starts, then gets up and proceeds to LEAVE THE ROOM while collecting my tokens that I earned by working my ass off which could have gone to someone more deserving. Thankfully, I only lost 120 tokens, but the entire thing has soured my view of the entire website, and makes me feel like a complete idiot for even bothering to tip models in the first place when at any time I can just be scammed with seemingly no recourse whatsoever.

So why should you care? Well, if you're one of the good models that would never do this kind of shady shit (and I genuinely believe that the vast majority of you would never do this shit), it reflects poorly on you when this kind of thing is done by other people on the website hosting your content. I don't even know how this kind of thing can exist at this point because cb has been around a longggg time, and it feels like common sense to think "ok, i'm banned, so the private show is over and so I should not be losing tokens for the show anymore". Like...am I crazy? Is this a widely known/accepted thing? Am I wrong for being so pissed off?

I apologize if this sounded brash or otherwise but I really needed to get this off my chest. I hope I didn't violate any rules, and no I am not going to give out her name, but I do have screenshots and the video of her on chaturbate as proof. I sent all of this to cb support but i'm very skeptical i'll even get a response at this point, it seems like nobody cares.

First off, this site has no actual link to Chaturbate other than people coming here to bitch about being scammed, falling in love, or pointing out that it has a really fucking ban-hammer happy system that gets rid of model's accounts (and income) because of reasons that make no absolute sense. Oh yeah, and people talking about the terrible support system. So don't feel bad about posting this on here because you like Chaturbate... this is not Chaturbate's forum site.

Secondly, what the fuck do you want models to do about scammers? What the fuck you think we can do? There's already some etiquette about going into another model's room while you're logged on to your work account (don't be a dick and draw people away from their room, just sit back and tip and enjoy, etc), and do you want models to start ranting and raving about models who scam customers (with no proof other than a rant) in said model's chatroom? 'Cause that'll do all but jack and shit except hurt our business and potentially an innocent models'.

The "YOU should fix something you can't fix because you'll lose me spending money on your services" part of this is... kinda funny in how impossible it is. Please go into a Starbucks and tell the barista that they should get rid of the baristas that make bad drinks, or you'll stop coming in there. Watch their eyes flick off and the dead "Okay, sir" smile go across their face as the line behind you fumes. That's pretty much what my reaction is. I am the dead eyed barista.

Models are, and this is super crazy, not in control of how a site runs itself. I believe the official tax name or whatever is freelance? I'm softballing that, but it is mainly to show you that when a site approves us to stream, they don't hand out a little "here's our corporate meeting where you get a say in how we work!"

So maybe, idk, take it up with the people who run the site instead of turning your nose at ever tipping a model again. This entire thing reads like you don't really blame Chaturbate, you blame models. All of us are bad because we let scammers work (not how that works), fuck you even preface this with that you still like Chaturbate but will stop tipping all models forever because of one bad experience over two years.

Upvote 0
Here's an easier solution. If a model does this to you, don't go there again. How simple is that? Nobody cares about "whistleblowing", everyone has too much of their own shit going on to worry about how some random bitch is running her room. Just the facts.

It's more the exploit of banning someone yet getting their tokens. I'm assuming that having a minimum means if someone exits early they still get the full amount (otherwise the min is pointless other than to ensure they have enough tokens to last that long - whether they actually stay that long or not).

Whether there's a personal "grr" about a model is irrelevant; that should be a site bug and not intended behaviour. However, I'd be surprised if CB don't refund anyone who finds themselves in this situation, and I also doubt it'd be fixed in the short term as it's unlikely to be a widespread issue. May be best for the OP to just wait to see what CB does rather than jump to conclusions/make swinging statements/assumptions.

As for the replies - it's called "General Cam Chat". The threads are diverse and all encompassing. If you don't like them, don't read them...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is there any way for CB to see the chat between the model and member leading up to and during the private, so they can see nothing bad was said/done - or the opposite of course, and something was said for her to warrant a ban as soon as they went into the pvt.. ?

@punker barbie

Upvote 0
First off, this site has no actual link to Chaturbate other than people coming here to bitch about being scammed, falling in love, or pointing out that it has a really fucking ban-hammer happy system that gets rid of model's accounts (and income) because of reasons that make no absolute sense. Oh yeah, and people talking about the terrible support system. So don't feel bad about posting this on here because you like Chaturbate... this is not Chaturbate's forum site.

Secondly, what the fuck do you want models to do about scammers? What the fuck you think we can do? There's already some etiquette about going into another model's room while you're logged on to your work account (don't be a dick and draw people away from their room, just sit back and tip and enjoy, etc), and do you want models to start ranting and raving about models who scam customers (with no proof other than a rant) in said model's chatroom? 'Cause that'll do all but jack and shit except hurt our business and potentially an innocent models'.

The "YOU should fix something you can't fix because you'll lose me spending money on your services" part of this is... kinda funny in how impossible it is. Please go into a Starbucks and tell the barista that they should get rid of the baristas that make bad drinks, or you'll stop coming in there. Watch their eyes flick off and the dead "Okay, sir" smile go across their face as the line behind you fumes. That's pretty much what my reaction is. I am the dead eyed barista.

Models are, and this is super crazy, not in control of how a site runs itself. I believe the official tax name or whatever is freelance? I'm softballing that, but it is mainly to show you that when a site approves us to stream, they don't hand out a little "here's our corporate meeting where you get a say in how we work!"

So maybe, idk, take it up with the people who run the site instead of turning your nose at ever tipping a model again. This entire thing reads like you don't really blame Chaturbate, you blame models. All of us are bad because we let scammers work (not how that works), fuck you even preface this with that you still like Chaturbate but will stop tipping all models forever because of one bad experience over two years.

It wasn't my intention to blame all models, i'm sorry. My intention was to demonstrate why models on cb should care when people get ripped off by others because they lose business, as it reflects poorly on the website as a whole when cb support does nothing to punish the shitty models or refund lost tokens. It drives away the few people willing to tip (compared to the vast majority of free users) because of shady business practices, I wasn't trying to say that all models are culpable for the actions of a few, so please don't take it that way. Take your starbucks example, if there was a starbucks near you with a reputation of taking your money then throwing you out, would you want to go there and spend money...? And if you worked at that starbucks, and were reliant on people coming in to do business, i'm sure you'd be really pissed off too. And if you went to that starbucks for two years, and loved their coffee, then one day was randomly thrown out with your money taken, i'm sure you'd want to fix it too.

I don't expect or want models to go ranting when they're working and I don't expect them to even talk about it there, I am completely aware that the vast majority of models have absolutely 0 interaction with chaturbate for the most part, which is why I posted here on the forums rather than going into their rooms when they're working and pestering them. I only posted this because I figured with enough eyeballs or people talking about it maybe this would get some attention from people working for cb and they'd patch the bug or do something. And yes, I did take it up with the support staff, and I couldn't get hold of anyone at cb support or otherwise. Whether they're deliberately ignoring me or just have really bad support (or both) has yet to be seen. I do have some screenshots showing me banned from the room while still losing tokens, so there is proof, but I assume it's against the rules to post that here.

Upvote 0
I understand the "scammed" feeling, OP.
It reminds me of all the times I've accepted a private show, only to have the member ferociously masturbate for 29 seconds while I perform to his every whim, and then end the show before he is complied to pay for it!

I'd say the ratio of your experience to mine and countless other girls is fairly equal.

It sucks, it slightly hurts your ego, but you grin and bear it "on to the next", or in to the real world!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It reminds me of all the times I've accepted a private show, only to have the member ferociously masturbate for 29 seconds while I perform to his every whim

I can't stand those fucking cheap, mid-fap assholes. Lmao. On MFC, I have it to where they can't even take me private unless they have a minimum of 5 minutes' worth. I should probably raise that to a 10-minute minimum, actually.

Upvote 0
Just an update to anyone reading this, cb support actually messaged me and refunded all my tokens and apologized to me. No idea if its because I posted here (doubtful) but I'm genuinely shocked, and super happy. I do, however, hope they fix the loophole that allowed it to happen in the first place and banned the original person that did it. They're going to a much more deserving person now :) happy camming everyone.

Upvote 0
So why should you care? Well, if you're one of the good models that would never do this kind of shady shit (and I genuinely believe that the vast majority of you would never do this shit), it reflects poorly on you when this kind of thing is done by other people on the website hosting your content.

This is just it. We already (very loudly) call out models in our industry who scam, act like dickheads for no good god damn reason and more. Some already leave sites when they disagree with a fellow performer who shares that platform. You know what's done about it by the people HOSTING these sites? Not much, if anything.

You want something to change? Why not annoy the hell out of Chaturbate support about that particular model and that particular exploit. Like, hound THEM with emails. They are the ones who could actually do something about it and honestly should be made aware of the issue because if she did it to you successfully chances are that wasn't her maiden scam. Aside from that the only thing you can do is either avoid the site or try to be way more selective with models on Chaturbate?

You have every right to be angry about what happened, it's sad and fucked up people would do that instead of just put on the damn show, but you're barking at the wrong people to get anything done about it.

Upvote 0
I understand the "scammed" feeling, OP.
It reminds me of all the times I've accepted a private show, only to have the member ferociously masturbate for 29 seconds while I perform to his every whim, and then end the show before he is complied to pay for it!

I'd say the ratio of your experience to mine and countless other girls is fairly equal.

It sucks, it slightly hurts your ego, but you grin and bear it "on to the next", or in to the real world!

Stop getting naked within 30 seconds, Say hello, adjust your camera (Even if it doesn't need adjusting), slowly and sexily get undressed. Do not let those mother fuckers see shit until 30 seconds.

Upvote 0
I have sympathy for your loss, that's about three hours of work there at least if you're a minimum wage employee. It sucks to have it taken from you in what sounds like a scam. Unfortunately, other than continuing to not engage in those kinds of scams (because we work hard to run legitimate businesses unlike said model in your rant, it sounds like), there isn't anything we on this forum can do about it.
I hope CB gets back to you and things are taken care of. It is unfortunate working around others who leave a bad taste in people's mouths, but you have the power to support those who don't act like this, which at the end of the day is all any of us on here can do- support those who we appreciate. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself with others, and hopefully you continue to let them cheer you up.

Upvote 0
I have sympathy for your loss, that's about three hours of work there at least if you're a minimum wage employee. It sucks to have it taken from you in what sounds like a scam. Unfortunately, other than continuing to not engage in those kinds of scams (because we work hard to run legitimate businesses unlike said model in your rant, it sounds like), there isn't anything we on this forum can do about it.
I hope CB gets back to you and things are taken care of. It is unfortunate working around others who leave a bad taste in people's mouths, but you have the power to support those who don't act like this, which at the end of the day is all any of us on here can do- support those who we appreciate. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself with others, and hopefully you continue to let them cheer you up.

I can't tell if this was a typo or if there are actually places in developed countries where 12 dollars is 3 hours of minimum wage. Honestly the US is so messed up that I wouldn't be shocked.

Upvote 0
In the UK if you're 18-20 then a 3 minute private (mfc rates) is about 2.5 hours of work on the min wage, and there's not much encouragement to pay more than that in any "unskilled" jobs.
People expecting 5-10 minute minimum privates - you'd rather hope it isn't the entire day wage (before taxes and expenses taken out), but how many find out? I'd wager no-one. No-one cares about the financial situation of those taking you private or tipping. People may also believe members "only pay what they can afford, it's their own responsibility".

Problem is that your 30s guys may well be spending only what they can afford...

Both sides should find out what the other is expecting before any show tbh.

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Problem is that your 30s guys may well be spending only what they can afford...
The issue with 30s guys on Streamate is that they aren’t charged for 29s unless it clicks over past 30s. The members she was describing are exploiting the system and the fact that new girls don’t know that.

Upvote 0
*goes to register on streamate*

:p

I'd assume it's been complained about repeatedly to streamate; obviously trying to get a company making money to care about these things is (as I alluded to with the CB flaw) probably impossible.

Upvote 0
I can't tell if this was a typo or if there are actually places in developed countries where 12 dollars is 3 hours of minimum wage. Honestly the US is so messed up that I wouldn't be shocked.
300 tokens is about $24 at the 0.08/token conversion rate (could be 0.07 but depends on how many you're purchasing), which if you make $7.50 an hour (in some places- the legal minimum is $7.25) is a few hours of work. For the 120 tokens, it's a little under 10 (using the same rate) but that's still an hour and a half. Not too much, but for someone who works for $7.50 an hour, it is kind of a bigger deal. Especially if you're a waitstaff- you generally get paid around $2.50 then tips, which could be dismal that day or not even add up to minimum wage per hour. Of course, if you can't afford tokens in the first place, they probably wouldn't be bought. It's nice when people go out of their way to save up and contribute, but this doesn't quite seem to be the case.
Kind of a typo as I mixed up the amounts though, heh. I just think it sucks what happened- I know I'd get upset when someone scammed me out of tokens.

Upvote 0
300 tokens is about $24 at the 0.08/token conversion rate (could be 0.07 but depends on how many you're purchasing), which if you make $7.50 an hour (in some places- the legal minimum is $7.25) is a few hours of work. For the 120 tokens, it's a little under 10 (using the same rate) but that's still an hour and a half. Not too much, but for someone who works for $7.50 an hour, it is kind of a bigger deal. Especially if you're a waitstaff- you generally get paid around $2.50 then tips, which could be dismal that day or not even add up to minimum wage per hour. Of course, if you can't afford tokens in the first place, they probably wouldn't be bought. It's nice when people go out of their way to save up and contribute, but this doesn't quite seem to be the case.
Kind of a typo as I mixed up the amounts though, heh. I just think it sucks what happened- I know I'd get upset when someone scammed me out of tokens.

He probably lost like 12 bucks which isn't enough to "never tip again" lol (except that model obviously)

But I'm appalled 7 dollars is minimum wage anywhere. That was min wage here 15 years ago.

Upvote 0
I know, that's why I said I switched the amounts. He used an example of 300 though. I did make a typo when I typed things out. I'm too sympathetic, heh.

Is this 7 bucks min wage in the US? I'm seriously flabbergasted by this being a thing.

Upvote 0
*goes to register on streamate*

:p
I get that you’re joking, but I did hesitate to post that because I don’t want more douchebag freeloaders taking advantage of it. It’s a shit system and dudes who use it to try and get free boobies or whatever are shitty too. I only posted bc it was already being addressed upthread. (Just adding that so models don’t get mad that I spilled. :p)

Upvote 0
Seven twenty five is a bullshit wage. I don't know of anywhere that is a livable wage. I think there's also states out there where if you get tips (ie, waitress) they can pay you less than that. And, in my experience, a lot of cook/waitress standing jobs don't give you lunch or breaks. At all. You're lucky to get a pee break.

\o\ wages suck here~

Upvote 0
I don't think a ban would even be necessary with this cb thing. She could just sit there or leave the room after the private was started with a minmum minute set for a private show. As far as I know cb support indeed refunds the tokens to users.

Upvote 0
I get that you’re joking, but I did hesitate to post that because I don’t want more douchebag freeloaders taking advantage of it. It’s a shit system and dudes who use it to try and get free boobies or whatever are shitty too. I only posted bc it was already being addressed upthread. (Just adding that so models don’t get mad that I spilled. :p)
Oops. Though I do hope the models who read this are more aware than the 29second chumps :) my bad, ladies.

Upvote 0
Seven twenty five is a bullshit wage. I don't know of anywhere that is a livable wage. I think there's also states out there where if you get tips (ie, waitress) they can pay you less than that. And, in my experience, a lot of cook/waitress standing jobs don't give you lunch or breaks. At all. You're lucky to get a pee break.

\o\ wages suck here~
Federal tipped minimum wage is a lil over $2. You're supposed to do math and add up all your tips and then see if you made at least $7.25 an hour including tips. If you didn't your employer is supposed to subsidize your income so you reach the $7.25 an hour rate. However this puts all of the pressure on the employee to make sure they are getting paid what they should be and confronting their employer if they aren't. So it's really a shitty system cause I don't see any situation in which you have to talk to your employer about subsidizing your income and it being an enjoyable/ not hostile conversation.

And @Zoomer many models myself included do in fact care about what members spend on us and if it is within their means to do so. Many of us are very vocal about it and frequently say we don't want members to tip us if it will negatively affect them. I've gone so far as to threaten to ban members if they continue to purchase tokens and tip me with them. So please jump off this high horse you seem to be riding cause if you had even bothered to look into it at all you would have seen that there are tons of compassionate models who don't want members to just keep tipping if they will harm themselves financially in any way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.