AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lurkers: Guests vs Premiums

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SpecialK said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
ComicOzzie said:
PS The best way to get me out of lurking mode and participating in the room is to simply say hello in free chat.

Do you mean for the model to say A) "Hey, ComicOzzie!" or B) "Hey, guys!"

Guys will often exit the room quickly when a model says hi to them. I've seen this happen A LOT...in other models' rooms as well. And I know we (models) have even had a discussion about that.

I know that I can say hi to my regulars by name, and they'll be nice enough to answer me back. But often times, when it's a new guy in the room, me smiling and saying "Hey, ThickMeat!" would just result in him leaving my room quickly. It's like he's thinking "Oh, shit! She caught me! Gotta go!" Geez...excuuuse me for trying to use good manners.....

So lately, I've just been saying "Hey, guys!" instead, and the only people I greet by name are the guys who I know won't run away from me (regulars).

Well, if they take off after you say hi I would assume they are guys that probably wouldn't be tipping anyhow. So if they jet it's no skin off of your back. What if you sent a PM to say hello to new people? I think it's more personal and doesn't put them in the spotlight. Then you can transition them into your chat room. Just a thought lol...you're the professional not me :D
Ha! A good idea, but only as an idea. If a premium is in "shy lurk" mode and runs away if acknowledged in the room, I imagine they'd totally freak at getting a PM, not to mention it sets up a bad precedent (possibly giving some lurkers an incentive to gab in PMs with no tips).

Camille13 said:
I've got three who come in to faithfully watch me every time I am on...

so much love... except they never say anything and never tip.

I'm a bit of a troll, and I am waiting for the week mark to send them a message:

I love your admiration, but free wankys only last a week... conversation was the cure!

And wam with the banhammer. LOL

LOL, awesome plan....I'd love to see that!

SpecialK said:
What if you sent a PM to say hello to new people? I think it's more personal and doesn't put them in the spotlight. Then you can transition them into your chat room. Just a thought lol...you're the professional not me :D

PMs take a model's attention away from the room (public chat), which is why they need to be kept to a minimum. Plus, I really shouldn't have to PM someone just to get him to say hi to me. That's a tad too much personal attention he'd be getting, as a member who hasn't even tipped/talked to me yet...you know what I mean? And we're just talking about a simple hello here.

The_Brown_Fox said:
SpecialK said:
What if you sent a PM to say hello to new people? I think it's more personal and doesn't put them in the spotlight. Then you can transition them into your chat room. Just a thought lol...you're the professional not me :D

PMs take a model's attention away from the room (public chat), which is why they need to be kept to a minimum. Plus, I really shouldn't have to PM someone just to get him to say hi to me. That's a tad too much personal attention he'd be getting, as a member who hasn't even tipped/talked to me yet...you know what I mean? And we're just talking about a simple hello here.

Yeah I totally understand what you mean about PMs taking away from the room. The personal attentions is a bit subjective though. One might say that starting off with a bit might get them hooked on you. I do understand the major concern of them just thinking they can PM you all day for free and totally see why you wouldn't take this angle.

The_Brown_Fox said:
ComicOzzie said:
PS The best way to get me out of lurking mode and participating in the room is to simply say hello in free chat.

Guys will often exit the room quickly when a model says hi to them. I've seen this happen A LOT...in other models' rooms as well. And I know we (models) have even had a discussion about that.

I know that I can say hi to my regulars by name, and they'll be nice enough to answer me back. But often times, when it's a new guy in the room, me smiling and saying "Hey, ThickMeat!" would just result in him leaving my room quickly. It's like he's thinking "Oh, shit! She caught me! Gotta go!" Geez...excuuuse me for trying to use good manners.....

So lately, I've just been saying "Hey, guys!" instead, and the only people I greet by name are the guys who I know won't run away from me (regulars).

Choice A: I am not intimidated or annoyed at all if the model says hello to me by name. After all, I voluntarily entered HER room. Just don't bombard me with PMs. As the models love to say, we can talk in free chat. :-D

ComicOzzie said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
ComicOzzie said:

Choice A: I am not intimidated or annoyed at all if the model says hello to me by name. After all, I voluntarily entered HER room. Just don't bombard me with PMs. As the models love to say, we can talk in free chat. :-D

See, the problem with this is exactly as she said. And not even that... I had a bunch of people watching me, not saying anything. I called one out by name, all of them left. Not just the one I said hi to by name, but every single one who hadn't been talking suddenly left. I was left with a whole three basics in my room.

So, I can say "Hi ComicOzzie", and all the rest of them will suddenly leave. Now it's just you and me, unless there happen to be a bunch of regulars. This is why I give general hello's, and only start saying a person's name when they've said something to me. That doesn't frighten away the lurkers.

Also, I love it when I get a random tip "thanks for everything over the past week" from someone I never even realized was watching me, because I have this habit of not looking at the list. For one thing, it's kinda small, and my vision is bad. My other reason I've already stated. I'm so happy that MFC has put in those minimize buttons on the lists. If you don't say hi, I literally won't even know you're in the room!

LadyLuna said:
ComicOzzie said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
ComicOzzie said:

See, the problem with this is exactly as she said. And not even that... I had a bunch of people watching me, not saying anything. I called one out by name, all of them left. Not just the one I said hi to by name, but every single one who hadn't been talking suddenly left. I was left with a whole three basics in my room.

So, I can say "Hi ComicOzzie", and all the rest of them will suddenly leave. Now it's just you and me, unless there happen to be a bunch of regulars. This is why I give general hello's, and only start saying a person's name when they've said something to me. That doesn't frighten away the lurkers.

Also, I love it when I get a random tip "thanks for everything over the past week" from someone I never even realized was watching me, because I have this habit of not looking at the list. For one thing, it's kinda small, and my vision is bad. My other reason I've already stated. I'm so happy that MFC has put in those minimize buttons on the lists. If you don't say hi, I literally won't even know you're in the room!

yeah, i see this happening too.....most of my friends have marginally successful cs and struggle with room count: they say "hi" generically, until their frustration level crosses some threshold....60% of the time, the member will leave when called out by name, often appearing to take a nick or two with with him/her (like they're travelling in a pack)....a few have fallen asleep or are just parked in the room or just don't care....the rest (30%) will say hi or actually tip a little....and then leave (seriously....it feels like "manners" or something :lol: )

i like the :girlintv emote for times like that, but use it sparingly.....there really aren't that many members who "get" the point of it....those model friends i've actually talked to about it lol at my solution -ban the whole group of lurkers and let the room refill (i don't have the temperament to be an entertainer).....it's those few members who might wake up and tip a little that keeps hope alive

whether it's my business or not, it's one of the few things that makes my white stallion snort, and one of the fewer reasons i keep my armor polished :whistle:

but *sigh*....i usually just keep the PM window and listen to my friend vent.

Reactions: SNATCH and LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.