AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Magic: The Gathering

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
For now, at least, it's just something Jawbs and I are playing together. I don't know if I'd ever fit in or see us going to actual events. Who knows though!

well if you do eventually start going to tournaments be prepared to be one of, if not the, only women there. the last time I wen to a prerelease there was about 400 people and maybe a dozen of them were female, with at least 5 of those being mothers.

morment said:
AmberCutie said:
For now, at least, it's just something Jawbs and I are playing together. I don't know if I'd ever fit in or see us going to actual events. Who knows though!

well if you do eventually start going to tournaments be prepared to be one of, if not the, only women there. the last time I wen to a prerelease there was about 400 people and maybe a dozen of them were female, with at least 5 of those being mothers.

A female ended my 17 match win streak earlier this year! Prior to that I had never lost to a female in a sanctioned match. I think it's sexy when a woman can beat me at my own game!

I miss Magic...

Amber- glad you're learning it. I was a fool- sold my decks last summer cause I needed money. Should've just joined MFC then...

I will not be reading or commenting on this thread any longer.

Unless I magically get enough cards to start playing again, and someone to play with.

No, just having the internet version doesn't work- I need the physical cards to build my decks.

:h:

Dude, I totally just started playing this, like on Tuesday. It's kind of fun, I rememeber playing it when I was younger. Idk wtf decks I musing, the games go so fast, my friend says they are tournament decks. The game is fun, I had to literally sit there and nod my head in agreeance with the him as he explained rules and gameplay for the first 30 minutes.... I had no fucking clue. Then it clicked... not bad, not an online mmo, but not bad.

I just recently started playing again after a very, very long absence. I've got a few physical decks and I've been playing the Xbox Live Arcade game as well.

Some awesome Magic geek should explain the different color's personalities. For example, green is usual a creature deck; which is where the focus is having critters out at massive numbers. But the other types too.

Because finding out which color you're interested in is a big step.

I'd do it, but yeah <_<

I know my primary deck was basically a black speed/p-damage deck with a few back-ups to give you a chance should a game go long. I also know Black and White were good counters of each other but could also be combined for a pretty wicked, versatile deck. I had a friend with a goblin deck who used to give me a real hard time. *shrug*

The back-ups in my deck were:
Sengir Vampires - 4/4 Creatures that gained +1/+1 if they killed another creature.
Darkness - All creatures attack and block as normal but no damage is dealt.

AlexLady said:
Some awesome Magic geek should explain the different color's personalities. For example, green is usual a creature deck; which is where the focus is having critters out at massive numbers. But the other types too.

Because finding out which color you're interested in is a big step.

I'd do it, but yeah <_<

not going to be exact or comprehensive, but here's what I remember it being:

White's the color of law/rules, it's the secondary creature color mostly smaller knights/soldiers/clerics, main color for fliers: griffins and angels,
primary abilities include: first strike, lifelink, vigilance, protection, disenchant
weaknesses: equalizes things instead of having it in their favor, typically can only deal with opposing creatures if they're attacking/defending

Green's the color of nature, primary creature color so they're cheaper/stronger, beasts/elves
primary abilities include: trample, mana production, reach, disenchant
secondary color for card draw
weaknesses: flying, not big on creature kill

Black's the color of greed/corruption, main races: zombies/skeletons/vampires
primary abilities include: regeneration, discard, fear, creature kill
weaknesses: enchantments, other black creatures, self-inflicted destruction

Red's the color of chaos/passion, main creatures: goblins/dragons
primary abilities include: burn, first strike, haste, fire-breathing
weaknesses: enchantments, random at times

Blue's the color of reason/logic main creatures: merfolk/wizards
primary abilities include: card draw, counter, flying, bounce, shroud
weaknesses: permanents, weak creatures

Went back to comic store, spent more time with epic comic store owner dude, ended up buying more cards. I now have a flipping AWESOME deck of Vampires, will probably expand it to be a red/black deck. Jawbs got a white deck with tons of artifacts, seems to be a pretty good match against mine. We also got our friend involved, he's got black/blue deck so far. We're going to build our custom decks next weekend, it should be fun.

I am really starting to get the hang of it and am obviously completely addicted already as I am having dreams about it the last 2 nights. LOL :ugeek:

I feel like talking a little bit of smack, but belee me I can back it up too, I am hands down the best M:TG player on these forums!

I've never played a lot of tournaments, beyond pre-releases, but I did pretty damn well in the one Regional qualifier I played in. I might have been able to rank if I had had a couple copies of Urza's Rage because the guy I ended up losing to locked me down with 3 copies of Chill on the board and counter back-up so the uncounterable burn would've let me move past him.

this thread's really making me want to play Magic again.

W00t! Glad to hear you are playing and enjoying Magic!

My man and I play like three games a day currently (at least)... We just started playing like a month ago... We've been spending quite a bit of money on cards... But it's been awesome!

Chad has a green deck with a splash of red and white and I have a white deck with a splash of red and a few other mulitcoloured cards.

It's a wicked game! I found it a bit overwelming to learn at first, but I absolutely love it now and we're still learning about it all the time.

There's a new online magic game coming out on Steam. Hopefully it's not fail like MtG:O.
Also, I have a Sliver deck, a 5 color deck and a red goblin deck that I use mostly.

I played like my 5th game yesterday. I used a Vampire deck against a White deck. I had no land for like 10 draws and started only with 1.... So I took alot of damage early. But, I got lucky and drew all my flying creatures, and then some land to play them. by the time I got 2 creatures out, I was down to 2 hit point, and my friend(opponent) was up to like 34(ish).... I started playing my NightHawks( i have no clue if thats the name of them :lol: ) and vamping life from him, epic noob made an epic comeback! Went from 2me to 34 him to me vamping him to death and winning. Vamps ftw.

Keithy said:
There's a new online magic game coming out on Steam. Hopefully it's not fail like MtG:O.
Also, I have a Sliver deck, a 5 color deck and a red goblin deck that I use mostly.
For pc it is worse than MTGO, it is the one that is on xbox 360 arcade already. There are a few pre-constructed decks, and you can unlock around 23 cards for each(each game you win you unlock a card), you can add or remove the cards you unlock, but not the originals.

For pc I would recommend Magic WorkStation(MWS) as it is free, you can build any deck with any cards you want, and play versus people online for free. Here is a tut I wrote up for my friend with download links, I only included artwork for the current Standard(T2) cards as that is all we were going to use.

EDIT: It wouldn't let me upload the .txt file, so just going to put it in the post.

1. Download Magic workstation-free version:
http://www.magicworkstation.com/download/mws094f.exe

2. Install MWS(Magic WorkStation)

3. Download the Masterbase(the magic cards):
http://www.slightlymagic.net/component/ ... artdown/6/

4. Extract masterbase into C:\Program Files\Magic Workstation - overwrite anything it asks to

5.Download Magic theme:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/component/ ... artdown/8/

6. Extract theme into C:\Program Files\Magic Workstation\Themes

7. getting card art

7a. Download these files:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tqoztykrbmy (shards of alara)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mjy1ytjkz1d (alara reborn)
http://www.mediafire.com/?gmygzxnxdn0 (conflux)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h2bzmhzzjzm (M10)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ynyzb1tmgnz (Zendikar)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fqiaytwj0fr (worldwake)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/aab6m3 (rise of the eldrazi)

7b. Extract each of these into C:\Program Files\Magic Workstation\Pics
ex: shards of alara should be C:\Program Files\Magic Workstation\Pics\ALA\all cards here

8. Start up MWS
8a. Goto Tools -> Preferences -> Interface and change "Graphic Theme" to NewMagic
8a.1 If MWS crashes when changing theme follow this link's guide:
http://www.magi-soft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5684 put "New Magic" as the registry entry without the quotes

8b. In the upper grid, to the left of the magnifying glass if you hover over it should say "complex card filter" click it
8b.2 under Editions choose: Standard(T2) that way you will only have standard cards showing.

You can go over 20 health? Meaning I don't have to wait til I'm down health to justify using a sorcery to steal opponents life?

By the way I am about 5 games in with my vampire deck and totally loving it. Looking forward to adding some booster cards soon. Gonna stick to all black deck.

NaughtyNaomi said:
20 000 health!? That's insane! I had like close to a hundred a few times and I thought that was a lot!

I only pulled it off once in an actual match, but I used to have a sliver deck that could gain infinite life, mana, and deal infinite damage all in the same turn

morment said:
NaughtyNaomi said:
20 000 health!? That's insane! I had like close to a hundred a few times and I thought that was a lot!

I only pulled it off once in an actual match, but I used to have a sliver deck that could gain infinite life, mana, and deal infinite damage all in the same turn

That's insane!!!! Lol. I'd love to see that actually happen though.

morment said:
NaughtyNaomi said:

Ashnod's Altar + Heartstone+ Sliver Queen........ God I loved magic 12 years ago

NaughtyNaomi said:
morment said:
NaughtyNaomi said:

That's insane!!!! Lol. I'd love to see that actually happen though.

I won a 4 or 5 man free-for-all match with it, and it was awesome.

and exactly Freq, I've been meaning to put it back together, there's been a ton of new and interesting slivers come out since then.

NaughtyNaomi said:
Won a 4 or 5 man free for all match with it!? Hahaha... Even better! That's so awesome. Lol! I bet the other guys were pretty pissed ... :lol:

well, it did infinite damage, so not too hard to deal 100 damage :p

they weren't too pissed because at least three of them had decks that could do the same thing, it was a fun group.

Oh snap hit me up if you ever want to play a game i love magic the gathering 40,000 plus cards and still going

I redid my deck today since I didn't feel the red was working. Here's my current deck:

Top 2 rows are instants, sorceries and artifacts, the rest are creatures and the stack is 24 swamps (including 3 piranha marshes). Total deck is 60.
All my vampires:

And my favorite, strongest one:

I feel the baby pink covers are a nice touch to the dark and morbid vamp deck. ;)

Attachments

• vampiredeck.JPG
    vampiredeck.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 209
  • vampirecards.JPG
    vampirecards.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 209
  • vampireshaman.JPG
    vampireshaman.JPG
    377 KB · Views: 209
So apparently, my twin brother has about 10000 of these cards, the new ones. Wtf. So me and my friends over the past few weeks went through them and made some decks... Only got through about 10 games a piece, and tried some 3 way but that was pretty boring.

I played against a blue green deck for the first time, with a white red deck the other night. I had my buddy down to 1 hit point, and he came back and won in 2 turns. He kept throwing out instances that countered everything I played to try to take that 1 hit point. Then attacking me and doing damage at like 12 per turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.