AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Magic: The Gathering

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trusty said:
So apparently, my twin brother has about 10000 of these cards, the new ones. Wtf. So me and my friends over the past few weeks went through them and made some decks... Only got through about 10 games a piece, and tried some 3 way but that was pretty boring.

I played against a blue green deck for the first time, with a white red deck the other night. I had my buddy down to 1 hit point, and he came back and won in 2 turns. He kept throwing out instances that countered everything I played to try to take that 1 hit point. Then attacking me and doing damage at like 12 per turn.

white and red decks (referred to as "boros" after the guild on the plane of Ravnica consisting of those 2 colors) tend to sputter out. They are built to win quickly BEFORE your opponent can do anything about it. If the game goes long enough to where your opponent can stabalize, you pretty much already lost!

where as a blue deck green (Simic guild) will probably sacrifice quickness for Bigger badder creatures that totally negate your small ones and hold back counterspells to stop any shenanigans that give you a chance to win.

Ravnica was a really cool time in magic history because all 10 2 color combinations were represented. Each had its own flavor, 2 legendary creatures (horoes or Leaders of the guild) unique abilities, and strategy. There was something for everyone! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravnica_(plane)

Ok, had to sign up just for this thread. I own a game store far East of California and needless to say sell a lot of Magic...

Vampires are the new 'black deck' since M10 and Zendikar came around. There will also be some good Vampire cards in M11, at least that we've seen. M11 looks to be tons of fun, but then base sets have been much better for the past few cycles. Vampires are also good because LOTS of the good cards are commons. And uncommons..hehe. Bloodghast is a good rare to snag if you see it cheap..

And Zendikar block is great too.

Enjoy your playing, and feel free to PM if you have any questions..;-)

Oh yeah, and MTGO is amazing, tho not cheap. It perfectly keeps the rules for you, which is especially important for new players. Sadly all online options are banner ads for the fact that lots and lots of people on the internet lack any social skills at all...

Sweet thanks for the info! And for signing up ;). I may have to hit ya up with some questions sometime.

I'm sad that Jerbs and I sorta fell out of the hype we were in with MTG. I hope we can get back into it soon. Still need to buy the new core set, I think.

I want to get back into it, but I think the only way I'll be able to do that here is if I go the online route and it's just not quite the same thing.

When I first met Jon I let him teach me how to play Magic the Gathering. He was already really good so I learned the "correct" way to play. It's kind of like chess -- every turn there are multiple ways you can play, but only one or three are correct and the rest just screw you over. It's also like poker -- there's nothing better than having one card in hand and doing your best to pretend that it's a creature or an instant instead of a land. It screws people up, makes them more conservative when they should be pushing, buys you an extra turn, etc.

Anyway I've played magic once in the past year and a half so I am so lost as far as the new sets are concerned. I'm not quite sure if I'll get back into it or not once I move to South Carolina, but I'm hoping it'll happen. It all depends on if there are good players where I end up -- if there's a challenge, I'll get back into it, but if everyone is easy to beat I will probably give up forever >.< I'm not amazing, but it seems like a lot of people don't really know how to play well. I had one guy here in Phoenix get mad at me for playing creatures after my attack phase. I explained that that's the proper way to do it because then you have mana open so your opponent doesn't know what's coming next and you can respond based on how they block/react, and he said yea but you're the only one I've seen do it and it's annoying! >.< Oh the pain.

My laptop is dying. Ja ne! :D

Yeah. Most people don't know about the second main phase. They think you're stupid for even mentioning it, as if there can only be one "main" phase >_>

Good luck finding decent magic players after you move. Nothing sucks more than trying to teach someone who's played longer than you; mainly because they're closed minded and hate it.

AlexLady said:
Yeah. Most people don't know about the second main phase. They think you're stupid for even mentioning it, as if there can only be one "main" phase >_>

Good luck finding decent magic players after you move. Nothing sucks more than trying to teach someone who's played longer than you; mainly because they're closed minded and hate it.

i use the 2nd main phase alot i have noticed its something women seem to do more then men it really seems to get on peoples nerves but it just seems like the smart thing to do to me

Hello Amber a good place to find cards for Magic is Wal-Mart, target and any comic book store, if any are near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.