AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Makeup: On/Off

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TeaganO'Holloran said:
Here's mine... I look very strange...
Strangely HOT!! :-D

This is a more casual/summer look since I am going to be outside today....maybe ill post another when Im a little more made up.
Im wearing tinted facial moisturizer, lip gloss, mascara and eyeliner

Attachments

• 130406-081616.png
    130406-081616.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 871
@Elay, I adore your big eyes. Something Ive always envied about ladies who have them. You look gorgeous :)

There were multiple posts about getting rid of bags under the eyes. One well known trick is to use hemorrhoid cream, although it may sting a bit :) There is also another cream, I guess it is anti-bruising cream. The nurses at the blood bank gave me a tube when they stuffed up putting the needle in and the mentioned they use it after a big night out. But I forget now what the basic ingredients of it are or its name.

Reactions: camstory
HiGirlsRHot said:
LuckySmiles said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:
While it does take a brave woman to do this, Rogue is still right. He wasnt downplaying the guts it takes, he was simply stating that were more critical on ourselves than others...which I agree with. I dont see how that in anyway says that the ladies participating arent being brave :think:

I don't want to go too far off, and I agree people can criticize themselves more then others sometimes. But I think other people certainly do criticize just as much, whether or not they admit it, or are aware of it when it comes to this. I think many women can relate to getting a highly different reaction from others in a public setting based on being made up vs. not. I know I can.
I just don't think someone who wears makeup is necessarily doing it because they're over analyzing, or being too critical of their own flaws.
As much as we can say it doesn't matter, most people's appearances are greatly improved with makeup and being aware of this doesn't necessarily make you any more critical of yourself than everyone else is. I consider it more to be realistic is all.

First, I think everybody in this thread looks good with or without makeup. In some cases I am surprised how little difference makeup makes, but it definitely helps. I also have to say you girls are skilled at makeup. Which I have to say I didn't know was actually a skill, that not all girls possessed, until my last serious girlfriend.

She was jock; marathon, triathlons, etc. and looked younger because she was thin, toned and tanned. So even though I like makeup on girls it never really bothered me that she never wore any. A few times when we went to fancy events she'd put makeup and it looked awful. Of course since my grooming habits are pretty bad I certainly couldn't complain. Finally around the third she did this and she was cursing why her makeup looked awful we had a discussion. First, I tried to help her put on makeup which only made it worse, but was good for some great laughs. But what really puzzled me was her best friend was a flight attendant and put on make up to go to the grocery story or the gym and always looked fabulous. From what I knew her mom wore make up and at least a couple of her childhood girlfriend did also. Anyway she said that never learned to put on make as teenager, which really surprised me, cause I though sharing makeup tips was rite-of -passage for teenage girls.

So I am curious, how did you girls learn about make up, did camming make you more conscious of makeup. Finally do you view makeup as one of those necessary evil things you have to do, or does it make you feel better because after your face is on you feel better about yourselves. (I hope that make sense.)
My mom was a make-up artist. :)
I feel better with make-up because I get hit on more. But I feel great without it, too.

HiGirlsRHot said:
So I am curious, how did you girls learn about make up, did camming make you more conscious of makeup. Finally do you view makeup as one of those necessary evil things you have to do, or does it make you feel better because after your face is on you feel better about yourselves. (I hope that make sense.)

youtube and practise! :-D
and yes, i never go on cam without it because i tend to look really tired on camera without it
but in real life i rarely wear make up, i'm too lazy :lol:
when i watch that photo i toke, i can really see how much 'fresher' i look with make-up on, so it does make me feel better, but i don't feel ugly without any...

PlayboyMegan said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
LuckySmiles said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:
While it does take a brave woman to do this, Rogue is still right. He wasnt downplaying the guts it takes, he was simply stating that were more critical on ourselves than others...which I agree with. I dont see how that in anyway says that the ladies participating arent being brave :think:

I don't want to go too far off, and I agree people can criticize themselves more then others sometimes. But I think other people certainly do criticize just as much, whether or not they admit it, or are aware of it when it comes to this. I think many women can relate to getting a highly different reaction from others in a public setting based on being made up vs. not. I know I can.
I just don't think someone who wears makeup is necessarily doing it because they're over analyzing, or being too critical of their own flaws.
As much as we can say it doesn't matter, most people's appearances are greatly improved with makeup and being aware of this doesn't necessarily make you any more critical of yourself than everyone else is. I consider it more to be realistic is all.

First, I think everybody in this thread looks good with or without makeup. In some cases I am surprised how little difference makeup makes, but it definitely helps. I also have to say you girls are skilled at makeup. Which I have to say I didn't know was actually a skill, that not all girls possessed, until my last serious girlfriend.

She was jock; marathon, triathlons, etc. and looked younger because she was thin, toned and tanned. So even though I like makeup on girls it never really bothered me that she never wore any. A few times when we went to fancy events she'd put makeup and it looked awful. Of course since my grooming habits are pretty bad I certainly couldn't complain. Finally around the third she did this and she was cursing why her makeup looked awful we had a discussion. First, I tried to help her put on makeup which only made it worse, but was good for some great laughs. But what really puzzled me was her best friend was a flight attendant and put on make up to go to the grocery story or the gym and always looked fabulous. From what I knew her mom wore make up and at least a couple of her childhood girlfriend did also. Anyway she said that never learned to put on make as teenager, which really surprised me, cause I though sharing makeup tips was rite-of -passage for teenage girls.

I feel better with make-up because I get hit on more. But I feel great without it, too.

I think for a lot of girls it is a right of passage but you will find a few "late bloomers" that may just be getting into makeup in there 20's. This held true for me, in high school I play a lot of sports so my makeup/hair was never that important to me and Ive pretty much had the same makeup routine since I was 16. The only thing I wear on a daily basis is black eyeliner and mascara and a tinted moisturizer w/sunscreen.

My mom would spend hours doing her hair/makeup when I was growing up and she would never leave the house unless it was perfect and I think that pushed me away from being that type of person. It really annoyed me as a child and I promised myself that I would never be that way

I think camming has had a bigger impact on my makeup than anything. Some times the lighting you need to have good cam quality isn't to forgiving and can bring out a lot of things you don't see in real life so I play around with it a little more now. I still prefer to be more natural but it is fun to play around from time to time.

AnaVictoriaXO said:
LuckySmiles said:
AnaVictoriaXO said:

Completely agreed :) But yeah, I just dont think thats what was being insinuated is all, I could be wrong though!

Just to clarify, I should have quoted the OP imploring everyone to be nice because it could be uncomfortable for some to post pics sans makeup. That was the reference for me saying that the owners of the pics would be more critical of themselves than others would be. Here. In this thread.

Sorry for the confusion. Carry on.

I am so glad that so many have participated in this thread! Not just the beautiful ladies, but also the conversation from members as well. Yay!

I'm really enjoying the pictures, it looks so cool.

I saw an interesting post on Reddit recently that I thought would be apropos for this thread.

The idea that "good women" do not wear make-up is disguised sexism. It took me a while to realize it myself, but I truly think that the purity/modesty versus vanity idea is complete bullshit. It's the same trap women are placed in constantly in modern life: be successful, but not too successful because then you are aggressive and not ladylike. Dress sexy to be valued, but not too sexy because then you are a whore. Sleep with some people or you're frigid, but not too many or you are a slut.

We live in a society that values women for their looks above all else. The first thing you ask about a new girlfriend? "Is she cute/hot/pretty?" Only then do the follow up questions occur: is she nice, friendly, smart, etc? The "women are most beautiful without make up" idea makes new want to throw things. There are studies that show women who dress well and wear make up get promoted faster, are more well liked, and are perceived as more competent and in control than their counterparts who do not.

Is saying this kind of thing really about your personal preference? Really, when you say a woman is more beautiful without make up, you are making a judgement call about her values. Selfish women wear make up; cute nice honest women do not. Make-up women are liars, gold diggers, social climbers; make-up-less women are without guile are open and sincere.

Additionally, there is a sinister component to all this. What about 60 year old women? What about people with horrible acne? Do they look better without make up? What about without hair care products? No. They don't. People wonder why women spend money on plastic surgery. Well, apparently they can't use fucking make up to fix problems with their skin. Then everyone would know how vain and shallow they are. This thinking takes away the ability for people with features they would rather not broadcast to defend themselves in a society that snap judges women based nearly entirely on appearance. Big fucking scar? Though shit, you're just ugly, and therefore almost completely unvalued. Oh well.

Oh, and, all the beautiful doe eyed beauties you see not wearing make up? Yeah, they're wearing make up. It's not caked on, and it's subtle. You don't know this fact because you don't wear it. Tinted moisturizer? Cover up in acne meds? Hair spray? Make up.People have used dirt, feathers, paint, dyes, etc., to make themselves beautiful for as long as society has existed.

You think I'm more beautiful without make up? You know what? I'm lucky. It's genetics. Fuck you for being so presumptuous to only like naturally beautiful women. I doubt you are so selfless to love ugly women wearing no make up. And while you're at it, if you really feel so strongly against make up, maybe you should try to work for a fucking society that judges women on something other than appearance above all other things.

Edit: The fuck yous are not directed at you personally. It's just the general attitude and presumption that gets me. I'm left thinking, "Wow. Thanks for making a value judgement on my life while I'm at the drugstore, people."

Edit 2: after getting lots of strange replies, I wanted to clarify that I never mentioned men in my post. I never even mentioned men hitting on you with this line. I addressed a general attitude held by both men and women, that often doesn't involve specific people. Do I personally prefer my mother without make up that makes her look like a member of KISS? Of course I do. This is a specific example, involving someone close to me. If it involves someone close to you, of course you will have an opinion! That's not sexist or rude. It's the blanket attitude that bothers me. The judging sight-unseen that women without make up are intrinsically superior to women with make up.

That bothers me because of the implication. Even some of the responses I've received express this view:

-I feel like I'm being lied to. (When a woman wears make up)
-I get the feeling this was written by someone who can use all the make up she can get.

Comments like this, to me, prove my point.

ROFL @ Poker_Babe's pics. The hands over face is great but then I noticed the machete on a magnetic knife holder?!?!?!??? You need one that handy like chefs need their knives? lmao

I am enjoying this thread. Specially the men's make-up advice, very cool. :-D

Reactions: Poker_Babe
Neudiin said:
ROFL @ Poker_Babe's pics. The hands over face is great but then I noticed the machete on a magnetic knife holder?!?!?!??? You need one that handy like chefs need their knives? lmao

I am enjoying this thread. Specially the men's make-up advice, very cool. :-D

yeah she's the only lady i know as well armed as i am lol

Reactions: Poker_Babe
I have never considered myself brave to not wear makeup. I have no desire to associate with the sort of people who will judge me for how I look, and that's held true whether it was my dorky younger self or my sexy post-puberty self (puberty happened late for me, so I wasn't truly past it with physical looks until 16 or 17). But, putting that aside, even if I wanted to wear makeup, it's almost impossible. The most I can do is lip stuff and mascara. See, my focusing point is an inch in front of my nose. Those makeup mirrors for near-sighted people? I still just see a giant blur. I have to get so close to the mirror that I can no longer see most of my face, and can't get my hand in between my face and the mirror.

I couldn't get any good pictures of myself lighting wise, the lighting was terrible. I like myself with and without makeup just fine and I can easily go outside without makeup, but I feel much more confident with it and it isn't because I feel "prettier", it's simply because I feel more put together and more powerful. Kind of like matching your bra and panties to your outfit.

I'm also going to throw out to any guy that saying they prefer a girl "natural" is an extremely back handed compliment which is why I was a little hesitant to post a picture of me with/without--not because I'm not confident in my natural look, but because I don't feel like hearing anyone tell me they like my natural better.

I remember when I was in high school, I had a manager at my job tell me how they liked how I never wore makeup unlike all the other girls and how I just have that "natural beauty". I was wearing eyeliner, mascara, foundation, powder, blush, and lip gloss. I told him this and he didn't believe me even when I showed him my makeup bag, still doesn't to this day. I had acne scars back then. Also, my face gets too oily without makeup.

Attachments

• me2.jpg
    me2.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 593
Chellelovesu said:
Jessi said:
Ew you caught me.
I'm secretly not hot. :crybaby: :lol: :lol:

OHMIGOSH
the "without" side.

:eek: Marry me...

Ive had someone tell me without makeup I look like one of the Hansons :crybaby:

Everyone looks so beautiful with and without makeup!!! :D

Here's mine:

wsMrbvo.jpg

I really don't wear a lot of makeup :lol: With makeup- I don't have racoon eyes so bad & less freckles & red blotchiness. Without makeup- I'm a freckled red splotched face racoon!

Ahhhhhh ginger face!!!!

EDIT! this got fucked up on my phone!

Attachments

• photo (15).JPG
    photo (15).JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 391
  • photo (23).JPG
    photo (23).JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 390
PlayboyMegan said:

I have said this many, many times but I have always felt that some of the true stars in Hollywood are the make-up artists!!! I have seen many unbelievable before and after pictures.
:thumbleft:

Years back we did some stills photos and satellite interviews for our wedding. (PR stuff related to where we got married) So we had make-up professionally applied on us quite a few different times. The best ones ended up working at a PBS station in New Orleans. Turns out they were mostly known for doing horror movie type make-up. I am sure there's a great joke in there somewhere but they really were the best and did a great job on my wife and I and were super kind to us and wonderful to work with. My wife also had a couple girls from NY (Revlon I think) that did her make-up for our actual wedding and they did a nice job too.

I have a ton of respect for professional make-up artists. They do an amazing job and don't always get enough credit for it.
:thumbleft:

You know, I said I prefer a more natural look.

Eh, I'm too tired to fully rebut, but don't extrapolate extraneously.

I've wanted to start this topic for awhile! Thanks, Amber!

I LOVE makeup. I unabashedly wear it in obscene amounts because it makes me happy. I'm in a rock band, so I wear tons of eyeliner and glitter on stage anyway - but you might see me at the grocery store completely comfortable being plain faced, or with full on stage makeup on a wednesday afternoon for no reason at all, except that I LOVE MAKEUP. I love the smell of it, I love putting it on, I love picking out colors, trying new looks and I've been that way my entire life. I wasn't allowed to wear it out of the house (except for stage/dance productions) until I was 14 (and then, only powder and lipgloss) and I had a stash in my locker so when I got to school I would apply massive amounts. And I learned to apply it in all sorts of ways because I was in theatre and dance. I had some really cool makeup classes.

So here's my half on / half off...and I'm wearing quite a bit of makeup.
v35rLvA.png

foundation, eye base, eyebrow shadow, 4 different eye shadows, 2 blush colors/contour, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and luminescence finishing powder. I just felt like full on tonight - but there's plenty of nights I wear much less. Just depends! I'm comfortable either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.