AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Margot Robbie Announced as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad Mov

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilLitaRose

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 8, 2014
http://collider.com/harley-quinn-suicid ... ot-robbie/

I have many reservations about this. Half are my own personal preferences, and the other half is how the geeky subculture will react.
My personal preferences are that DC should just try to stick with animated series. I feel like their animated films/shows have done a lot better than their live actor films/shows. (Gotham included). That, is my personal opinion however, because obviously people enjoy the Batman films. And I respect that. My favorite Batman film is still the first one back in 1989 with Michael Keaton as Batman, and Jack Nicholson as Joker. (I grew up with that film).
I had someone link me the Wolf of Wall Street scene where the actress, Margot Robbie, was seducing her husband(Leonardo Di Caprio). They told me that scene alone is what makes her worthy of being Harley.
I highly disagree. If their reasoning is only how hyper sexual she can be, then I feel that's not really what Harley is all about. (Note: That scene was interesting. And I'm not saying she's not a good actress). I feel like Harley has more to her than the sex. Spoilers for Harley's back story in New 52.
I feel like the Harley in the Suicide Squad, was created in a very broken way. More-so than the first incarnation. She was mentally lulled into this idea, and then shoved into the same chemical that formed Joker. And he was surprised to see she had survived! The transformation left her mentally broken, and almost child-like.
Now my other concern, is how much this actress will get flak. And I realize, I haven't been fair myself over the years to actors and actresses that have played in roles. I cannot blame anyone but the Casting Director, and the Director. The acting I blame on the Actor and script.
I'm worried that because of recent attacks on women through media, that this will be another breeding ground for attacks for this woman. She'll get the "She's not a real geek!" comment quite often, and probably will be insulted for her looks.
I do not have any envy for this woman. If she plays Harley, she's got some MIGHTY big shoes to fill. Especially since Harley is one of the most popular characters in the Batman universe.

So, what say you? Are you excited about her playing Harley? Or are you just excited for a Suicide Squad film in general? Or do you think that they shouldn't even make it?

Reactions: RosalieDay and Gen
Re: Margot Robbie Announced as Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad

I'm stoked on the Suicide Squad, and I really like the concept of Harley as a character but I haven't read much that goes in depth with her, which I'd like to. I think she has a really cool concept and she's got potential to be smart as fuck (psych majors unite!!), but she's usually done quite one-dimensional. Obviously she's a popular character so I wish they'd give her more.

I've never see Margot Robbie in anything but I don't know that she'll get "fake geek girl" comments; from what I've seen when people criticize casting choices it's usually because they don't fit their idea of the character or they're a shitty actor, not so much that they aren't geeky enough. I read a lot about Gal Gadot and didn't see anyone saying she wasn't geeky enough. Imo if the actor can embody the character, that matters more than what they do off-set. Most of the Marvel actors aren't big comic readers but they do well! She looks quite Harley-ish (I always pictured Kristen Bell though), I hope she gets a warm welcome to the DCU.

I want to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Deathstroke!

GenXoxo said:
I'm stoked on the Suicide Squad, and I really like the concept of Harley as a character but I haven't read much that goes in depth with her, which I'd like to. I think she has a really cool concept and she's got potential to be smart as fuck (psych majors unite!!), but she's usually done quite one-dimensional. Obviously she's a popular character so I wish they'd give her more.

I've never see Margot Robbie in anything but I don't know that she'll get "fake geek girl" comments; from what I've seen when people criticize casting choices it's usually because they don't fit their idea of the character or they're a shitty actor, not so much that they aren't geeky enough. I read a lot about Gal Gadot and didn't see anyone saying she wasn't geeky enough. Imo if the actor can embody the character, that matters more than what they do off-set. Most of the Marvel actors aren't big comic readers but they do well! She looks quite Harley-ish (I always pictured Kristen Bell though), I hope she gets a warm welcome to the DCU.

I want to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Deathstroke!

Harley in New 52 is so far the best written Harley I've seen in comic book form. I'm just super concerned about this movie.
And that's true about the "fake geek girl" thing, but it's just a common fear I have when it comes to a female portraying a female comic book character. I just don't want people to be treated like crap.
I hope they also address Diablo too. Just from reading Suicide Squad vol 1, I'm enjoying his character A LOT!

Reactions: Gen

I was excited for the Harley New 52 series and it was a letdown for me :( I really like Amanda Connor so I was stoked on it but it was kind of shallow to me. I gave up after about five issues.

I can definitely see what you mean but by that token, women would never get to be in comic book movies and that'd suck even worse. It can be hard for actors of any gender to step into beloved characters because there will always be disgruntled fans but I hope Margot rocks it and is embraced.

I'm pretty cautiously optimistic about the whole state of the DCMU right now, a lot of things they're doing seem wtf to me but at this point I'm just hoping it's decent, haha. Lowering my standards helped me enjoy DC's multimedia efforts a lot more :lol: but I definitely feel you on the concerns, I am trying not to pre-judge because obviously decisions are made for a reason...but they've fucked up so many things imo that it's sometimes hard not worry especially if it's a beloved characters first chance on the big screen.

Is she going to use the same accent she had in Wolf of Wall Street?

I can halfways picture this. She has the look, but I have not seen her act in anything that tells me she can pull off Harley's manic side.

Reactions: LilLitaRose
Status
Not open for further replies.