AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members Profiles, some thoughts.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2011
I've been a member since January 2011 & I've noticed that very few members (plus some models, but that's a different story) actually put any thought or effort in to their profiles. I know it's not necessary for the enjoyment of MFC, but it's a free feature that I'd like to see embraced. I certainly do (maybe I'm just a sad loser...). I mean there is plenty of free time when a model is away or in a private so why not use it to work on the profile. Um...do models actually read members profiles? Models use their's to advertise themselves but what are members profiles for, unless we can advertise ourselves, but to what ends? What do you guys think?

Member profiles aren't necessary, but I enjoy reading them. It gives me an idea if the person is someone I would be interested in chatting with and if I am, things that I can chat about. Definitely not necessary, but it is a very nice feature. Even just filling out some of the basic info is awesome.

Reactions: JustLooking
I'm ashamed to admit I've created numerous basic members accounts just to create new profiles... :shhh: Btw I like reading them too that's why I'd like every member have one...

Yeah, I've been a member for about 4 months and only set one up a couple of weeks ago - I'd been meaning to get around to it and I'm glad I did. It gave me a chance to put some of my nature pics up, I take a lot of photos (my avatar here is one of my pics). Not sure how many pics MFC lets members add, but it's limited to 20 per day and I've only had 2 days with enough time to go through my collection.

Still, it's been nice to get some responses and cheer up the odd bored model :-D

Highly recommend members setting one up, I like reading the info too.

I don't make a habit of looking at many members' profiles.

If someone pisses me off hardcore, I'll look at it to see 1. who their fave model is (to assess if maybe they're just trying to bring me down in order to be more loyal to her, it's stupid but it happens) and 2. if they have many friends or comments and laugh at them when they have nothing. Sometimes I'll even link it in my room after I ban them so my other friends can laugh at them along with me! :lol:

If someone becomes a new regular in my room or drops a crazy tip, sometimes I'll look at their profile to get an idea about who they are and what they're into. If it's someone I'm comfortable with I might leave them a comment. If it's someone I've known a while, I'll add them to my profile friend list.

All in all they aren't uber important. If someone doesn't have a profile, I just assume they aren't that into spending much time/effort into their membership with MFC.

i always have the feeling it is wasted time to invest anything into a member profile i don't even know if anyone ever looks into it.
I wont put real pictures of me into it and have no interest to learn some html to let it look nice. so therefore i just put in the minimum and then ignored it.

Traditio said:
i always have the feeling it is wasted time to invest anything into a member profile i don't even know if anyone ever looks into it.
You could always post a flagcounter. I'm sure you'd get comments posted.

I have a profile, and it is mostly bullshit. I assume that most members profile are bullshit.

What benefit is it to the member to put accurate information on a profile on an adult site? Even if you aren't concerned about harassment or blackmail, who needs the headache of being identified? Members need to perform the same kind of reality check models do.

Sevrin said:
I have a profile, and it is mostly bullshit. I assume that most members profile are bullshit.

Are you suggesting that some of the premiums sporting pictures of super cars, yachts and sprawling multi million dollar properties on their profiles are being DISINGENUOUS??? lulz

LovelyLemon said:
Are you suggesting that some of the premiums sporting pictures of super cars, yachts and sprawling multi million dollar properties on their profiles are being DISINGENUOUS??? lulz

LOL ..... and for the others profiles, the pic of the 99 camry is BC their Benz is being detailed....
Also, I figure many are here incognito from wives or GF and any tag to reality could be to their detriment. and then again, its all in line with the type of site we are discussing... Fantasy.

Sometimes, I'll look out of curiosity. And then I judge the guy by the caliber of his bullshit. Does he use full sentences and proper grammar? Are there lots of puns, geeky references, and/or original ideas? Awesome! Funny pics are always a plus.

I think the biggest deterrent to members (and models) making good profiles is that trying to customize them beyond what MFC provides by adding code, etc. is a total pain in the butt. If you make a mistake in your code, not only do you get the least helpful error message about something not being right, it wipes out all your content, so you basically have to make edits and save a copy outside of the MFC profile editor, then paste it into the the little textbox area. I'm sure plenty of models on here know what I'm talking about.

inkydoo said:
I think the biggest deterrent to members (and models) making good profiles is that trying to customize them beyond what MFC provides by adding code, etc. is a total pain in the butt. If you make a mistake in your code, not only do you get the least helpful error message about something not being right, it wipes out all your content, so you basically have to make edits and save a copy outside of the MFC profile editor, then paste it into the the little textbox area. I'm sure plenty of models on here know what I'm talking about.

I totally agree. But it's a good test of your creativity. Besides if you put any sort of effort into creating a profile it'll be 100% better than the majority of profiles...http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Bob_Arctor

inkydoo said:
It's pretty normal not to trust a site like MFC with your code. Keeping an offline copy is just common sense.

JustLooking said:
I totally agree. But it's a good test of your creativity. Besides if you put any sort of effort into creating a profile it'll be 100% better than the majority of profiles...http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Bob_Arctor
A lot of nice work put into it as shrines to oneself go, but points have to be deducted for cheesy uncredited hidden Youtube video on autoplay that you can't turn off. I'll grant that it's not loud or annoying, but the first thing I do on a page with autoplay is look for where to turn it off. And if you use someone's work, the decent thing to do is to give them credit.

Sevrin said:
... points have to be deducted for cheesy uncredited hidden Youtube video on autoplay that you can't turn off. I'll grant that it's not loud or annoying, but the first thing I do on a page with autoplay is look for where to turn it off. And if you use someone's work, the decent thing to do is to give them credit.

Loses all points for autoplay. I've asked MFC a couple of times for a filtered word list applied to profiles visited, but I don't suppose it's a priority.

Ambush by autoplay is a deterrent against visiting profiles. This hidden version is so fiendish I decided to add autoplay=1 to the adblock.ini list I use.

It works. No more autoplay anywhere, ever again. :shhh:

http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/

In the past Ive used my profile to rub it in other premiums faces or gain notoriety on MFC (example would be the pictures I have with other models)

I liked the attention I get from it, good or bad, I get some praises, and a lot of haters. :-D All in good fun although today I think it just stands as a reminder that I got sooo bored of MFC ( im not calling anyone boring) that I actually met up with a few ladies , couple of premiums , in person and started friendships not just behind the safety net of the computer....

Re; the auto play thing....
If i am pulling a profile to read or rate, I will usually pull it up in another tab behind the main window while it loads. IF I hear some loud screeching whatever from it, I will simply close the profile and not look or rate it. Granted, Siza [sp?] and his 'beautiful music' has cost some ratings to a few but now his standard music is recognizable and I can quickly x it off. One model on here had her own auto play of some sort of IDk death metal maybe, that was so loud when it loaded, I flung my headphones into the monitor.
LOL. so much for that rating.... :lol: :lol:

As far as members profiles being some work of art for others enjoyment... NOT gonna happen for the majority. I dont have that much time and I'm sure many dont give a crap or have the creativity. What I post is usually quick and dirty, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.