AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC archivers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerd_nips

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 2, 2015
Manchester
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@Nerd_Nips
MFC Username
Nerd_nips
Since I started in the first week of October, every single one of my camshows have been grabbed by an archiver site. In addition to that, fake sellers posing as me and making up hilarious bclstories for me are selling my archived shows for hundreds of dollars.

Now naturally I was somewhat annoyed that someone else was lrofitting from my foof, but my friend told me that it's inadvertently really good advertising for me. I'm not your average camgirl and my shows tend to be quite funny and very entertaining for the Nerd/geek/gamer community, but its all me putting in the effort and planning to make it work. So I'm kind of stumped about what to do with archivers. I have my fans and friends going out of their way to file take downs and report some archivers for copyright infringement, but I'm not sure how quickly I should be jumping on the take down button if the archivers are actually bringing me new fans.

What do you gals and guys do?

that all you can do and add a copy write to your cam. it seems to help a bit.

In what way does it help? Every time I've noticed they just record the copyright and still do what they want. I honestly don't think they give a shit. Especially since it's a bot doing the recording who couldn't care less what you have on the screen.

Ooooh add a copy write is a good idea, like a constant watermark as an overlay on my cam sessions?
If you mean username, yes.

If you mean one of those DMCA notices, awful. Pointless.

If you mean username, yes.

If you mean one of those DMCA notices, awful. Pointless.
So I should put my own name "Nerd_nips" as an overlay on my cam sessions? That helps counter archivers?

Are archivers those basic members that sit in my channel doing nothing? They seem to stay in my channel once I log off too. Should I be banning them?

So I should put my own name "Nerd_nips" as an overlay on my cam sessions? That helps counter archivers?

Are archivers those basic members that sit in my channel doing nothing? They seem to stay in my channel once I log off too. Should I be banning them?

You can do nothing to stop them, but putting your cam name on the screen will help people to find you that see the videos. You could also ask MFC to send DMC notices to the archive site, some of those sites just do not care though.

Putting your name as a watermark isn't really about stopping them, archivers will archive even the dullest of shows, it more about using them to your advantage for advertising.

Let's say I stumble across one of these and see the preview pictures. If you don't have your name as a watermark I'm none the wiser and move on but if you do have your name that's a starting point to search on twitter, mfc and anywhere else allowing me to potentially come and interact with you.

It's a guest bot. Automatic software that records almost any room with over 100 people I believe. Models have no way of knowing who it is. The odds that it's actually a name you can see in the room are practically zero.

I just went through this too. They are bots and they record anyone, regardless of camscore. In addition to the DMCA notices that you can send through MFC (there should be a link in your profile that says DMCA info), they have something about partnering with a company. I'm not sure how to properly quote things yet, but this is what it says on the DMCA page:

"In order to further help MFC models, we have hired another company Remove Your Content to help models find their pirated content online and send DMCA notices, all free of charge. To start using their services, please e-mail them with your MyFreeCams model username at myfreecams@removeyourcontent.com."

So I'm going to try that if the links I sent to MFC haven't been taken down in a month or so.

As far as watermarks....I have had no luck with either ManyCam or CamTwist, which people have suggested as a way to put a watermark on your feed. It might be because I have a Mac. All I know is now I can't broadcast in Chrome because the CamTwist logo shows up and won't let me switch to my Mac camera (Facetime HD but I'm researching Logitech now). Good luck! This is one of the issues I'm researching extensively as well. Stupid bots!!!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Is it any chance of bots and archivers to stop recoring every single online broadcasting? Are these websites belongs to MFC? I just wondering if a model can ask mfc to not record her

Status
Not open for further replies.