AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC on a tablet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2012
Hi,

I found a few other threads about viewing MFC on phones and tablets, but the last responses were more than a year old. Has anyone tried viewing MFC on any of the newer tablets? I was wondering how the performance was especially on iOS with the newer iPads, as well as Android Jellybean on something like the Google Nexus 10.

I've done some hands on at Best Buy for the general feel of a tablet, but the BB wireless has content filtering so I am unable to test MFC from there. :oops:

Thanks!

Not about MFC perving via tablets but...

The Samsung 2012 series "smartTV" will play MFC just fine in the browser they come installed with :mrgreen: not sure if it supports the onboard Skype cam though.

I've viewed MFC on an android phone and tablet. It's veeeeeeerry laggy. You don't hear anything (at least, I didn't), you just see the IMs and some photo stills every few seconds of the model..

Violet_x said:
I've viewed MFC on an android phone and tablet. It's veeeeeeerry laggy. You don't hear anything (at least, I didn't), you just see the IMs and some photo stills every few seconds of the model..

On my HTC Evo phone when using 4g or wifi the video and sound is very good. 3g is passable depending on the signal strength. This is using the default browser with flash installed.

Reactions: Violet October
I've an older Android and MFC runs okay, both video and sound, but the small screen limits what you can have going on at once, so I never log in, as I can't interact. With an Android tablet and higher resolution, MFC would work fine.

Reactions: Violet October
The main problem is Flash. Flash for mobile was discontinued. But if you had it on a device already or were registered having it on that device in the past you can still download it and get it to work. People buying new tablets that have never had flash running on a mobile device it's extremely difficult to get that working.
I have a new Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet that I bought right after flash was discontinued. Tried for some time to get flash to integrate with any browser but no luck. I finally stumbled upon a forum where someone posted an older version of Flash AND Dolphin browser. Installed together they both work.
Since then I can get full video and sound with a very few minor glitches. I can get a PM from another member up in another tab, but it doesn't refresh new messages from that person if i'm on that tab. I have to go back to the main page and then it sounds the alert i have a new pm and i can go back to that tab to see it.
I can also bring up a models room in a new tab but I don't hear them when i'm on a different tab. So basically it's a ONE room at a time setup.
Also making the video box bigger is not smooth. It only expands a little bit at a time and I have to keep doing it. But it's way better than before so I'll take it.
The main problem here is MFC. They don't seem to want to get on the ball and convert to the new HTML5 standard. Then mobile devices would be no problem on MFC at all.

MFC works quite well on an iPad if you use the Photon browser. It's on the App Store. You need to enable flash mode and you'll have pretty much a normal MFC experience. Full audio/video, PMs, tipping, etc...

Reactions: Tilly
Status
Not open for further replies.