AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC PROFILES!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

MFC Profiles, they do anything for you or no.

• Never look at profiles.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Will visit a profile after I become interested in a Model.

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • Will visit a profile after becoming interested in a Member.

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Always try to visit a Models profile before entering her room.

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Visit profile upon first visit to room.

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Only ever visit profile if there is some info I need.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Sometimes visit profiles but usually just scan.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Visit profiles and sometimes get caught up spending a long time there.

Votes: 27 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2011
O.k., so here's the deal, I have had Models, and Members alike tell me they never visit profiles. For me that is hard to imagine, but I know it is true. I have set the poll choices at 2 because I know I personally range from always liking to visit a profile before or during my first visit to their room to being surprised when I realize I have known a Model for some time and have never seen her profile. I also more than once have spent hours at one profile, or more often getting sometimes 4 or 5 layers deep in profiles by linking from the first profile to others. This most often happens when I see art, or funnies on a profile wall I really like so I check out the member profile who posted them, and this can go on for literally so long that I have 15 tabs open and don't even remember how I got to where I am.

I guess it is pretty clear that I really like profiles. What do you think?

I've had a ton of people models and members like tell me they don't bother to look at profiles. They normally just seem to be lazy and/or don't like to read. Fact is I've had a TON of tips just because of random stuff on my profile. That doesn't include any extra I make from simply filling things out like tags, schedule including galleries...whatever. People really seem to like to read that the chick they are talking to on cam has the same interests as them. I also like that because it tends to be a good conversation starter if nothing else.

I like to look at profiles before I go into a room. I want to have some idea of what kind of person the model is, and if I may want to spend time with her. I try to look at the profiles of the new models who join ACF as well, if it is in their signature and I am not region blocked. It is always disappointing when I am region blocked from snooping by a new forum model.

If I stay in a model's room for more than a few seconds, I am going to look at her profile. I have never looked at a member's profile except when another model says something like, "zomg look at this guy's profile."

I look at a model's profile if I realize I like her, and might want to stay awhile. Or if I see her on here, and get curious.

I look at a member's profile if I get curious about it.

I have gotten lots of comments about my profile, both positive and negative. Also, some where the initial comment was snarky, but then they say they appreciate it (mine's rather long). I have gotten tips that said "because I liked your profile", and I've had tips for things that were listed on the profile when the person hadn't yet talked in my room. So I try to keep mine up-to-date, and try to remember how much is what. I tend to have the tip list up while on camera, just so I can double-check that they tipped the right price.

I like profiles, both because they satisfy my earnest curiosity, and because the lengths models and members sometimes go to in order to communicate via profile is hilarious.

I almost always look at them before or just after dropping into a room, and -because of that amusement value- I'll sometimes spend a lot time in the forest of profiles.

If it's my first time coming across a model (not like that, ya perv :?) then I'll almost always check out the profile. I'm of the belief that you can tell a lot about how well you're gonna get on with a model, simply by reading their profile.

Are they smart? are they witty? are they open-minded? are they creative? are they fun? do they come across as rude or self-centred? are they popular? what do they like? what do they dislike? do we have anything in common? how much? You can get a vague idea of the answers to all those questions just by taking a few minutes to look over a model's profile page.

I never really read member profiles though. Even though I spent a good ten minutes writing mine out :?

I actually check a higher percentage of profiles from here than I do when at mfc. I do use the menu thingy there and maybe then will hit the full profile if I'm interested. As far as reading profiles in general.. if its too busy or hard to read with tons of graphics to scroll thru and try to read the 'too lite italic text on the wrong color backdrop', I wont even bother past the 5 stars. While I can appreciate some of the artistry of the page, many times it isn't the girls creativity anyway. I'd be much more inclined to read something plain she actually typed there and can update than trying to read a glitzy neon signpost novella some GA made for her... But thats just me.

SoTxBob said:
I actually check a higher percentage of profiles from here than I do when at mfc. I do use the menu thingy there and maybe then will hit the full profile if I'm interested. As far as reading profiles in general.. if its too busy or hard to read with tons of graphics to scroll thru and try to read the 'too lite italic text on the wrong color backdrop', I wont even bother past the 5 stars. While I can appreciate some of the artistry of the page, many times it isn't the girls creativity anyway. I'd be much more inclined to read something plain she actually typed there and can update than trying to read a glitzy neon signpost novella some GA made for her... But that's just me.
I'm really surprised how much this happens. When they decide to add some background wallpaper that is so very cool, do they not then look at the result? It is so frustrating to be reading something and get to a spot where the text runs over some part of the background that makes it impossible to finish reading. I too like a simpler clean look in profiles. I think there is beauty in the absents of bells and whistles. I think it is too often the belief that profiles that do not pop and sparkle are therefore drab.

And, don't set up your profile to auto start your play list. If you feel you must, put the player or the video as near the top of the profile as possible, so the guest does not have to hunt 3/4 of the way down to silence it if they don't like the selection. When posting to walls please don't decide for the Model that she should showcase some musical selection for you, this is just plan Rude IMO. If the visiting guest wants to hear the vid you left they understand how to make it play. JEUS FUKIN CRIEST! :angry4:

Here is a very good example of a very pretty profile IMO, if not a bit much for some ppls likes I'm sure, and it does auto play a video, but it is very near the top so one can find it quickly. It is not the best I have seen, but one that came to mind, that I like. It is a bit cluttered, but an excellent example of how not to end up with an unreadable profile, and still have a lot of content.
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/ittybitty123

I had not thought of the idea of posting links to profiles, but I personally would be happy to check out any that anyone thinks is in some way or the other relevant. But I really like profiles.

Re-reading my above post it sounds a little dictatorial, "And, don't set up your profile to auto start your play list", not my intent, just dislike this so much that it came out that way. My humble apologies.

camstory said:
Here is a very good example of a very pretty profile IMO, if not a bit much for some ppls likes I'm sure, and it does auto play a video, but it is very near the top so one can find it quickly. It is not the best I have seen, but one that came to mind, that I like. It is a bit cluttered, but an excellent example of how not to end up with an unreadable profile, and still have a lot of content.

oh joy... a profile full of shit to freak people out (models in particular) spammed with pictures that tell you your IP dress (duh i know my own ip) and even hometowns and links to whatever it may be... (i know your banknumber and shit like that)
this may very well be the most annoying and weird member profile i ever seen....

back on topic... i love to watch profiles... member and model
but i hate autoplayed music... and big fonts... i can read thank you very much :lol:
on model profiles i love to see her personality.. it makes me much more comfortable talking to her

I worked hard on my profile for it to be simple and pretty at the same time. I assume most people don't end up reading it, but at least I tried.

One thing I decided (through the help of alexlady) was to put most of the informational parts in text rather than image so people from other countries could translate it easily if they needed to. Also, easily copied and pasted elsewhere if it truly IS unreadable. But I worked hard to make sure you could read everything, troubleshooting with regulars.

In the end, I think we all need someone from the outside to look at our work at see the problems we might not notice because we're "too close to the work" as my art school professors would say.

ComicOzzie said:
I tend to avoid member profiles, as I am not really interested in looking at photos of them stroking their cocks. :woops:

I'm fairly certain members aren't allowed to upload any photos like this!

I love your profile lacie!

Just wanted to say... Sorry i sounded mean... But i really didn't get that member profile..
I don't get that "haha i freak people out for fun' thing
So yeah...

Reactions: cb_rocks
I will always read a models profile before going to her room and members if they catch my attention when I am in a room. In the past, if I got bored I would play link the profiles by clicking on favorite models or model friends and see what kind of profiles it would take me to. :lol:

TashaDutch said:
camstory said:

oh joy... a profile full of shit to freak people out (models in particular) spammed with pictures that tell you your IP dress (duh i know my own ip) and even hometowns and links to whatever it may be... (i know your banknumber and shit like that)
this may very well be the most annoying and weird member profile i ever seen....

back on topic... i love to watch profiles... member and model
but i hate autoplayed music... and big fonts... i can read thank you very much :lol:
on model profiles i love to see her personality.. it makes me much more comfortable talking to her
:lol: Thank you Tasha for your honesty! (that is so sexy, even if I find myself on the cutting end of it at times.)

Maybe I should have looked at IttyBitty's profile a little better. It has been at least 6 months, and I could tell it was a lot longer. But I think it has always been a little shrine like toward his favorite models. Guess that was something that never bothered me, having known him pretty well before ever seeing his profile. So I guess I know him well enough to know he is not as creepy as his profile seemed to you. (Actually has a pretty healthy attitude about member/model relationships, getting creeped out himself when a member acts like a weirdo. But the shrine factor I imagine might be creepy if you didn't know him.)

The guest locator is something I have never understood. It is as common on Model's profiles, as member's I think. It has never bothered me I guess cuz, who is going to stalk me, but also because at lest half the time it is not accurate. It is close but must not get down to the local nod level much of the time. I have checked after wondering why it was showing a location close to or more than 100 miles away, and found on my end the IP is showing something closer like 20-40 miles away? Regardless that one just confuses me.

Now I think the over the top size of Itty's font is maybe too much, but I like large font. I would rather have to scroll a time or two more, than have to strain to see it. But that disagreement may be explained by the waning sight of an old man.

I will not try to find a way to slid under your beautiful honesty when it comes to Itty's profile being a very good example of how you can have many images, videos, and other graphic content and not let that content interfere with the text that runs through it.

My Gawd I Love Your Honesty Tasha. :love5:

camstory said:
And, don't set up your profile to auto start your play list. If you feel you must, put the player or the video as near the top of the profile as possible, so the guest does not have to hunt 3/4 of the way down to silence it if they don't like the selection. When posting to walls please don't decide for the Model that she should showcase some musical selection for you, this is just plan Rude IMO. If the visiting guest wants to hear the vid you left they understand how to make it play. JEUS FUKIN CRIEST! :angry4:

:lol: oh god this gets me too! I usually look at a profile after I've gone in her room & the model usually has music playing & is talking so there's just this huge combined noise which I just can't deal with so end up turning my sound off to scroll through the never ending graphics to find this stupid autoplay song.

LacieLaPlante said:
In the end, I think we all need someone from the outside to look at our work at see the problems we might not notice because we're "too close to the work" as my art school professors would say.
I think this is very true. Not just profiles, or art, but anytime we are deep into something, it helps to have someone who can spot for us from a less focused bigger picture POV, I believe.

LacieLaPlante said:
I worked hard on my profile for it to be simple and pretty at the same time. I assume most people don't end up reading it, but at least I tried.
I've had a look, and very very nice Lacie. It is so not jammed up, while still having a lot of info. the first word that came to mind as I made my way down it, was, "Elegant". :clap:

For models:

If about 5% of the members who come through MFC read the model's profiles... 100,000 people daily means that 5,000 people a day will look at your profile. Remember, we live in a world with a LOT of people. It may seem like nothing to you, because you ask and the 95,000 people haven't, but those other 5,000 have looked at your profile. And that's a lot of people who HAVE.

"most people" means nothing anymore. You could have something that applies to 100,000 people and it still doesn't apply to "most people".

----

For members:

So most models don't look at profiles. The question is, do most of the models you like to visit tend to do so? If yes, it's nice to have something there.

I once went looking at member profiles, and found that most members don't bother. Hence why I stopped looking, unless I had some specific curiosity. Sometimes, I want to see what other models are saying about this member. I would appreciate it if MFC made the member profiles available even if nothing was on it, so that models could leave wall comments. Hence why it would be nice if you at least filled out the basics. Oh sure, plenty of models will still ask the questions. I find those questions seem to be a... gauge. We're trying to figure out if you want to talk, or just want to perv. We ask the questions, and if you answer, you're probably up for conversation. You don't answer, just want to perv, fine! Just like how I've stopped taking people to task for asking me questions that are on my profile. They're trying to get a feel for me based on how I answer them. Yes, the answers to those questions are there, so I don't want the same person to be asking the same questions every day. They can go look at my profile if they don't remember the answers. And it's handy for that guy who asks "how much for tits? how much for ass? how much to turn around? how much to stand on your head?" without ever tipping for what he's asked. Also handy for me to keep the prices constant.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
LadyLuna said:
For models:
If about 5% of the members who come through MFC read the model's profiles... 100,000 people daily means that 5,000 people a day will look at your profile. Remember, we live in a world with a LOT of people. It may seem like nothing to you, because you ask and the 95,000 people haven't, but those other 5,000 have looked at your profile. And that's a lot of people who HAVE.

hmmmm.....assuming 1000 models online (as a very rough average....it really just makes the math simple), and equal distribution of views per model ....it's closer to 5 for your generically average model.

i might go as high as 50 (unless you're in the top row).....but i can't imagine that profiles are read that much....bet Leo knows tho :think:

I really enjoy the profile aspect of MFC. I tend to only look at member profiles once I've added them to my friends list. It can be rather distracting when in chat, so I do all my browsing in between. Most of the models I adore have very lovely profiles.

People don't stay in the same room, so the 5% that reads profiles reads a bunch of them.

So, if you get 500 people running through your room (not all at once, there's the ones that enter and leave without saying anything, and the ones that check you out as a guest before ever coming in on their premium account), that's still 5 people a night. Which jibes with about how many comments I get on my profile a night (average, some nights I only get a couple comments, some nights, it seems like everyone's talking about it). If you work 5 nights a week, that's 25 people a week look at it. 100 people a month, or 1300 people a year (since there'd be 13 months if each month was exactly 4 weeks). Okay, make that 1200 people a year look at your profile since you're going to take time off now and then.

Those numbers are based off my experience, and my camscore is generally within a couple hundred points of 1000.

Reactions: bob
bob said:
LadyLuna said:
For models:

hmmmm.....assuming 1000 models online (as a very rough average....it really just makes the math simple), and equal distribution of views per model ....it's closer to 5 for your generically average model.

i might go as high as 50 (unless you're in the top row).....but i can't imagine that profiles are read that much....bet Leo knows tho :think:

The math is off and it's much easier to figure out how many views models get, in fact no math is needed at all. Quite a few models have page counters on their profiles already. So all you have to do is click on them and they give you information. One model I happened to be visiting with as I was reading this has one. Gemmalynx - camscore 4925.9 and mfc ranking 471, at the moment has a counter from MapLoco and it says her profile has had 174,094 views in all time and 210 views in past 24 hours.

Aspenrae's counter page says she's had a 30 day average 1,156 visitors per day.
Isabella_deL - 213 per day.
LacieLaPlante - 154 per day.
Then I sorted the homepage by camscore and found a model with camscore of 982 who had a map counter. It said she had a 30 day average of 72 per day.

Any model that's interested in finding out how many people visit their profile can find out very easily, members too. Even I have one on my profile. My 30 day average is 2, but I'm not nearly as pretty as those mentioned above so I'm okay with that. :)

I am not going to lie, my profile is a victim of having auto music, haha. The thing is though, I really think music can tell a lot about a person, at least with my personality and it is also ties in with the style of my profile.

For those who can't stand my type of music, I do have a stop button right in the upper corner that is hard to miss. It really can be a double edge sword having auto things.

As for profiles in general, I love looking at them, especially the ones where you can tell a lot of effort was put into them. I have had members come into my room just to tip because they liked my profile. It's a nice feeling knowing people take the time to look at it. First impressions can make or break you on MFC, so profiles are definitely a nice way to express yourself.

Reactions: Always_Tim and bob
Sarianna said:
I am not going to lie, my profile is a victim of having auto music, haha. The thing is though, I really think music can tell a lot about a person, at least with my personality and it is also ties in with the style of my profile.

For those who can't stand my type of music, I do have a stop button right in the upper corner that is hard to miss. It really can be a double edge sword having auto things.

As for profiles in general, I love looking at them, especially the ones where you can tell a lot of effort was put into them. I have had members come into my room just to tip because they liked my profile. It's a nice feeling knowing people take the time to look at it. First impressions can make or break you on MFC, so profiles are definitely a nice way to express yourself.

When I clicked on the twitter link on your profile it gave me an error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.