AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC PROFILES!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

MFC Profiles, they do anything for you or no.

• Never look at profiles.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Will visit a profile after I become interested in a Model.

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • Will visit a profile after becoming interested in a Member.

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Always try to visit a Models profile before entering her room.

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Visit profile upon first visit to room.

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Only ever visit profile if there is some info I need.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Sometimes visit profiles but usually just scan.

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • Visit profiles and sometimes get caught up spending a long time there.

Votes: 27 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarianna said:
I am not going to lie, my profile is a victim of having auto music, haha. The thing is though, I really think music can tell a lot about a person, at least with my personality and it is also ties in with the style of my profile.

For those who can't stand my type of music, I do have a stop button right in the upper corner that is hard to miss. It really can be a double edge sword having auto things.

As for profiles in general, I love looking at them, especially the ones where you can tell a lot of effort was put into them. I have had members come into my room just to tip because they liked my profile. It's a nice feeling knowing people take the time to look at it. First impressions can make or break you on MFC, so profiles are definitely a nice way to express yourself.

your profile is exceptional
and
you used the word "gallivanting" (around the city)!!! :thumbleft:

Sarianna said:
I am not going to lie, my profile is a victim of having auto music, haha. The thing is though, I really think music can tell a lot about a person, at least with my personality and it is also ties in with the style of my profile.

Your profile is excellent, ma'am :thumbleft:

I completely agree about music revealing a lot about a person. And I for one, love Beach House :-D

I think having music on auto-play is a calculated risk. If the person reading the profile likes the music, they're more likely to visit your room because there's a suggestion that you share something in common with them and are thus more likely to get on with them.
If they hate the music on your profile, they might not visit your room at all (If I'd have been bombarded with One Direction when I opened your profile page I'd be infinitely less eager to check out your room than I am now as a result of the Beach House song currently on your profile ;)).

I find the whole profile thing intimidating... idk why just do... everytime I think ok! Today is the day I will look up all the things... and update all the stuff.. and then I can't decide where to start what direction to go in... and then... I just take another picture of myself instead... :oops:
Someday I will fix you profile... someday...
I think it's an excellent branding tool... but can be tricky if you can't decide just what your brand actually is? :think:

Reactions: LadyLuna
Seems like this would be a good place to ask this of the profile gurus in the room.
Is there any way to edit an MFC profile so that the entire thing is just a redirect to another webpage?

That way when someone clicks on your profile it loads your own webpage that you created on your own software. For those that are more familiar with making webpages on a wysiwyg editor this would make it a lot easier to keep their profile up to date and looking more the way they want.

I haven't played around with MFC profiles much to know if dumbing one down to JUST a redirect is possible.

Sarianna said:

For those who can't stand my type of music, I do have a stop button right in the upper corner that is hard to miss. It really can be a double edge sword having auto things.

As for profiles in general, I love looking at them, especially the ones where you can tell a lot of effort was put into them. I have had members come into my room just to tip because they liked my profile. It's a nice feeling knowing people take the time to look at it. First impressions can make or break you on MFC, so profiles are definitely a nice way to express yourself.

Your auto music is okay and enhances your web page. The reason I don't 'usually' like autoplay is because it's most always done through some embedded playlist or youtube video that has to be hunted down somewhere WAY down on the page. So the moment you load it you're barraged by music when you're just trying to read. And even worse, more than one video set to autoplay. GRRRR.

Yours has the pause button RIGHT there where it's easy to find and click upon loading. So if people don't like it they can pause immediately without too much fuss.

Good choice on that.

Seems like this would be a good place to ask this of the profile gurus in the room.
Is there any way to edit an MFC profile so that the entire thing is just a redirect to another webpage?

The only ways I can think of doing redirects involves using javascript or using a meta redirect. Both ways though, MFC profiles won't allow them. The closest solutions I can give you is that you can

1) Turn your MFC profile into a splash page that links to your website.
2) Make your MFC profile a frame. Within the frame is your website.

Sarianna said:
The only ways I can think of doing redirects involves using javascript or using a meta redirect. Both ways though, MFC profiles won't allow them. The closest solutions I can give you is that you can

hello !
how can i inject js or iframe on profil like you plz ?
http://tympanus.net/Tutorials/FullscreenBookBlock/
http://tympanus.net/codrops/2012/12/11/ ... ip-layout/

try each field but no succes :' (

of course i dont take your template : ) i'm a developer : )

but time consuming for just find this tips

ty for your awnser
:hello2:

Sarianna said:

ooh, I like your full-page <iframe> (and the accompanying wall of "display:none" CSS rules, LOL) to load a tumblr page. Very clever.

I always look at a models profile. Usually, when I'm perving the MFC main page and I see a model I may like, I click her profile before I go into the room. Sometimes, I'll perv in a PM window to see what she is like but I will still look at the profile before entering the main chat. Lots of questions that people have are answered on the profile and it can keep you from being one of "those annoying guys". Also, I find it usually makes a good impression if you mention something about her profile when you begin chatting.

As for members profiles, I almost never look at them unless the model references something on one of them or another regular in a room I'm a regular in asks for an opinion or something like that. I'm on MFC to chat with the ladies not the pervs. I don't really care what their profiles says. :lol:

However, I really do appreciate it when a model takes the time to look at my profile especially if I'm a regular in her room. And, for me, if a model posts on my profile wall, I consider that the ultimate profile compliment. That not only means she looked but that she thought enough about me to make the post. Besides, I do have a few fun facts about myself on my profile. :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
I check model profiles before I speak/tip/etc. to find out what their "can't miss" and "don't go there" things are, and to see if they have any additional pictures.

I don't bother with perv profiles, and I haven't even done my own. Do models even read their pervs' profiles?

BigElectricCat said:
I check model profiles before I speak/tip/etc. to find out what their "can't miss" and "don't go there" things are, and to see if they have any additional pictures.

I don't bother with perv profiles, and I haven't even done my own. Do models even read their pervs' profiles?

Occasionally a model will look at my profile, but I do not think it happens very often.

Shaun__ said:
BigElectricCat said:

Occasionally a model will look at my profile, but I do not think it happens very often.

I'm pretty sure no one reads my profile, because I haven't seen anyone steal my funky profile stylings.

sometimes it's so difficult to look at some profiles...black background image and fu$#&%% dark text... yup so distinctive and easy to read.
"funny profiles" using damn animated backgrounds with bright colors and bling-bling ...makes everyone puke diamonds...bleah
so... more chatroom less profiles

BigElectricCat said:

Yes, some models do. Most don't; they're usually too busy to do so while on cam. But I've had a few thank me for having a profile. :)

I do tend to look at the profiles of the regulars in the rooms I frequent and I know quite a few of them have read my profile (as several of them have mentioned it).

I always check the profile of a model who seems interesting. Sometimes before I enter the room, but sometimes after I'm already in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.