AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC: Room Topics. A poll!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What things do you look for in a girl's MFC topic while she's on cam?

• Countdown to show/action/etc

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • Video or content sale info

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • Info on games or raffles currently happening

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Their Miss MFC rank and rank goal

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Actual discussion topic

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Amount left for their token goal

Votes: 35 39.3%
  • Current high tip of the day/month

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 9 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
We MFC girls only have 140 characters (up from 100 in a recent change THANK GOODNESS!) to list anything we possibly want to draw attention to in our room topic. I find myself struggling to figure out what's most important to keep there, and what would be better/ok to just paste into the room periodically.

Members, let us know what you think is key! What are your preferences? You can pick up to 5 options, but please elaborate in a reply if you have other suggestions.

My "member's point of view" on topics: it should show what's most important to the model. If she's going for a countdown to a show, show that. Or if she's going for a specific rank, show that. If she's running a game like Jenga or something, show that.

If she's doing a flash sale of her videos, show that. In the topic I want to see things that only matter right now. If she's running a raffle, or has vids listed on her profiles something like "see prof for raffles and vids" is good.

One good thing for me is keep the important stuff listed first. This may depend on people's resolution and zoom setting in their browser. But for me, I can't see the entire topic usually unless I click on it to show it all. So when a model puts the topic or count at the very end, I don't see it. I've made comments about not knowing stuff was going on and the model rolled her eyes about it being in the topic. Oops, didn't see it. :lol:

Attachments

• Screenshot - 4_16_2015 , 5_50_20 PM.png
    Screenshot - 4_16_2015 , 5_50_20 PM.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 441
  • Screenshot - 4_16_2015 , 5_50_36 PM.png
    Screenshot - 4_16_2015 , 5_50_36 PM.png
    27 KB · Views: 438
JerryBoBerry said:
One good thing for me is keep the important stuff listed first. This may depend on people's resolution and zoom setting in their browser. But for me, I can't see the entire topic usually unless I click on it to show it all. So when a model puts the topic or count at the very end, I don't see it. I've made comments about not knowing stuff was going on and the model rolled her eyes about it being in the topic. Oops, didn't see it. :lol:
Thank you for noting that, I have seen that as well and I try to keep my most pertinent stuff at the beginning for this reason.

I voted for Countdown to show/action/etc, video or content sale info and info on games or raffles currently happening. If she has something going on for her highest day/month tipper - like exclusive content, I think its cool to add on her topic or make one of those on-screen graphics.

Also I think - if she still have some space to add this and has a twitter model account - adding her twitter handle (per example, @AmberLynneGirl) is a good thing.

Topics don't generally get me into a room, but they may help keep me there, and they may get me to buy tokens.

Something pertinent to what is about to happen, i.e., a countdown, is most important. Short-term and long-term token goals give me an idea of whether the x tokens I plan to spend are likely to be enough to help fund a goal that has my interest. Included here are costs of flashes, spanks, wine sips, etc.

Special offers are also good, since I don't generally buy content, but might be tempted if I think I'm getting a deal.

A special event, like a birthday, a profile revamp, a charity drive are certainly worth mentioning. Cosplay/roleplay falls into that, as long as it's something the model is known for putting a lot of effort into it, i.e., Morella, Kickaz, etc.

Simple games of chance, i.e., spin the wheel.

If warranted: a thank-you is nice.

I style my topics this way because it's the way I like it when I'm browsing models.

"#x! New tippers get a vid. @remain [goal]. 25 spank, 40 flash, [raffle], 50=4 vids, 100 snap, 250 b/g vid, [newest vid], 1k [club]. @nataliagrey1"

I've been thinking about getting rid of the ranking in the beginning, and this poll kinda confirmed that it's not important. I put the new tipper video thing before goal because I think new people flipping through are less likely to take the time to read my whole topic, but if it's the first thing they see that may be tempting. Then the show goal is there because that's what I'm trying to do while I'm online. Then after that I go cheapest to most expensive. People aren't generally going to spend 1000 tokens on a whim, so it doesn't need to be a constant reminder that it's an option, but 25-100 tokens are a lot easier to part with. Even though my b/g videos aren't new and you never need to get them RIGHT NOW they're popular enough to warrant being there for me. The raffle or new video is only there if I have something going on. Twitter only goes there if it fits - I'm personally not a fan of watermarks on video unless you really have to.

It's squished together and not very personal, but having a lot of choices appeals to me, and I think to a lot of other people, too. Some people prefer a more casual atmosphere and that's okay too, this is just a breakdown of what works for me. :twocents-02cents:

I picked "Nothing" but with a caveat.

These option didn't exist: "Anything". or "Something outrageous" or "Honesty".

I would just like to see something pertinent in the topic.

If the countdown to something is your thing, put it there. If selling content it you thing, put it there. Whatever, put it there.

If you don't know what the hell you want to do, put it there. Or just do something outrageous "5,000,000 to shoot fire out of my ass."

But seriously, I would say countdown is most effective one inside a room.

Countdowns, temporary sales, unusual games/shows, ... For longer-term things like request menus or video deals, I think a "check my profile" is good enough.

A member interested in Miss MFC rank can have it displayed on the avatar or can see it in the Model Menu, both of which will usually get updated sooner than the Topic.

In general I don't mind what is in a topic, if I like someone I just go with it, but I do like current topics.
This means video sales, raffles and so on are wasted as topics on me personally.

When previewing models, I do tend to notice topics. I like to see in any model who takes my interest that the models knows what she is doing. I notice such things as reasonable countdowns, fair play/ offers, and some kind of plan for their members.

I don't mind a model posting in her topic such things as cutoff goals, daily goals either. Is often a better guide to how a model runs her room, especially if she mixes it up alot.
I am also a fan of a sarcastic, mean, sad, angry, or mood based topic on occassion, so long as it has an honest basis to it. Of course too often posting such topics can become manipulative, so it is for sometimes.

NataliaGrey said:
I style my topics this way because it's the way I like it when I'm browsing models.
I think this is the way to go for most models. Then make a few adjustments, based on what you actually offer your members.

edit: Off topic a bit but related, I like the idea of the tip menu gif as a way to free up topic for other things.

bsurs said:
Countdowns, temporary sales, unusual games/shows, ... For longer-term things like request menus or video deals, I think a "check my profile" is good enough.

A member interested in Miss MFC rank can have it displayed on the avatar or can see it in the Model Menu, both of which will usually get updated sooner than the Topic.
Rank only appears to members when the model is in top 250.

On that note, I'd say if you see it in a girls topic it's something important to her, meaning she would like to focus on improving it.

OY! Something I forgot and that I think it's good for models to have on their topics - if they're ok with private/groups - it's the actual mention that they are ok with groups and privates (p. ex. "private/group=on").

ZenHedonist said:
Yes, sometimes something really off the wall and silly or funny as a topic can be an attention grabber. I agree with the "Private/group=on" or "No Privates or groups" just to save on that constant question.
Something I may take from this thread... when I've completed any shows I aimed to have in a night, I might start changing the topic to something funny and chat worthy to end the night. Seems a lighthearted way to wrap things up.

Also, I didn't mean topics grabbing people's attention from outside the room so much as when you're IN a model's room, what items you appreciate seeing.

Thanks everyone for the input!

I do not know about anyone else, but I will sometimes avoid rooms with no topic. Far too many times they turn into the model complaining that no one is tipping when there is no goal to tip for. Getting random tips from your regulars is great for the model, but it is nice to be able to tip for shows or flashes or dancing or anything.

Having a topic just seems to help keep the room moving in a positive direction.

AmberCutie said:
ZenHedonist said:
Yes, sometimes something really off the wall and silly or funny as a topic can be an attention grabber. I agree with the "Private/group=on" or "No Privates or groups" just to save on that constant question.
Something I may take from this thread... when I've completed any shows I aimed to have in a night, I might start changing the topic to something funny and chat worthy to end the night. Seems a lighthearted way to wrap things up.

Also, I didn't mean topics grabbing people's attention from outside the room so much as when you're IN a model's room, what items you appreciate seeing.

Thanks everyone for the input!

I'd like to add I think this was a well designed poll Amber. I clicked the top 3 choices, and didn't feel I needed to contribute anything else. I'm happy you got something useful from it.

Reactions: AmberCutie and Gen
ZenHedonist said:
I agree with the "Private/group=on" or "No Privates or groups" just to save on that constant question.
This would apply to any question constantly coming up in a models room that distracts from her doing her thing?
Whether a model does skype or not, or if a model is non-nude, and specific fetishes are other common topic additions.

Jillybean said:
My "member's point of view" on topics: it should show what's most important to the model. If she's going for a countdown to a show, show that. Or if she's going for a specific rank, show that. If she's running a game like Jenga or something, show that.

If she's doing a flash sale of her videos, show that. In the topic I want to see things that only matter right now. If she's running a raffle, or has vids listed on her profiles something like "see prof for raffles and vids" is good.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.