AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Missing comments on MFC - the new "quotes" bug

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2011
I was in Amber's room earlier tonight and there had been a lot of confusion with messages not appearing so I thought I'd pop something up here to try and explain what's happening.

A few days ago, I noticed that if I typed a comment in the main chat window which contained quotation marks, it would appear in the room but not on my chat history. Annoying but not really that confusing.

Since the 'upgrade' 12 odd hours ago, it's much worse. Now if a member uses quotes, nobody will see the comment except for the model/hostess.

If a model uses quotes, it still appears in the members chat windows. I'm not sure if the model gets to see it since my test subject wasn't someone I know that well and I didn't want to push it.

On a related note, I can't currently send or receive any PMs from members and can only PM to a model if she starts the PM going. Some members can send PMs but not all members will receive them (I had a mate who could definitely type but I couldn't see what he was sending).

Until these bugs are fixed, I'd suggest an interesting workaround; if a member complains they can't pm a model, the model could tell them to use quotes in the main window confident that only they will get to see the message. Obviously, once the bug(s) get(s) resolved, this won't work so it might be worth sending a "test" message before getting too intimate :-D .

Hope that helps defuse any confusion y'all have been having.

Reactions: Eva_ChangeN
There's always been a quote glitch AFAIK. When I used quotes, the model could not see what was in quotes, but the room could. It was very confusing for a while. :lol:

Sounds like a different one now, lolz

The guys in my room were using this new "feature" to great amusement last night, it was actually pretty fun! But it does need to get fixed. "Quotes" get hidden but 'quotes' don't.

I also had a guy with this PM problem, but I don't know if he was savvy enough to realize what I was trying to tell him to do (type in quotes in the public chat, that is).

Heh, use it with discretion though, just found out in JoleneJolene's room that the comments still appear in the chat archive :D (thanks to batguano for noticing that)

Reactions: CarltonFisk
Dazza235 said:
Heh, use it with discretion though, just found out in JoleneJolene's room that the comments still appear in the chat archive :D (thanks to batguano for noticing that)
So you're saying I shouldn't have sent my phone number, address, and social security number in quotes in public chat? Fiddle sticks!

You could really have some fun with this...start abusing basics and they will wonder wtf happened when the model starts kicking them for ranting crazily at you hahah

Jupiter551 said:
You could really have some fun with this...start abusing basics and they will wonder wtf happened when the model starts kicking them for ranting crazily at you hahah

:lol:

Such a devious plan...and I secretly love it, though I wouldn't publicly adm... shit. :woops:

Status
Not open for further replies.