AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Model scams members via Paypal

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2012
This isn't meant to 'talk shit' but rather raise awareness. My friend, a premium LionheartX29 sent model NaughtyMari18 $120 via paypal for some videos a few months back. He finally asks her about it and she banned him from her room, blocked him on twitter and won't respond to any emails. I went to her room, and said that he had just sent me, to ask for an update on the videos, and she banned me without hesitation. My friend MikeyD_ went to her room, and she put him on ignore, as well as other friends of mine went in to ask only to get banned. So this is just to raise awareness that NaughtyMari18 scammed via paypal and bans anybody asking about it. So tread carefully when around her.

TheJus__ said:
This isn't meant to 'talk shit' but rather raise awareness. My friend, a premium LionheartX29 sent model NaughtyMari18 $120 via paypal for some videos a few months back. He finally asks her about it and she banned him from her room, blocked him on twitter and won't respond to any emails. I went to her room, and said that he had just sent me, to ask for an update on the videos, and she banned me without hesitation. My friend MikeyD_ went to her room, and she put him on ignore, as well as other friends of mine went in to ask only to get banned. So this is just to raise awareness that NaughtyMari18 scammed via paypal and bans anybody asking about it. So tread carefully when around her.

Both models and members should have the common sense to not use Paypal.

If you're going to use a third-party payment site, that means the admin at MFC can do nothing for you if you're scammed.

If it was me, I'd probably report her to Paypal. You paid for something you didn't receive.

yes.. Paypal doesnt like anything sex related so if he mentions it was ... Your friend may not get his cash back, but there's a good probability she wont be able to use the acct any more.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
TheJus__ said:

With all of the warnings that have been given about PayPal, there is absolutely no reason that cam girls should still be allowing guys on cam sites to pay them with it.

You have MFC tokens, Payoneer, AlertPay, CCBill, etc. PayPal is wonderful when it comes to eBay transactions, but adult transactions? No way. PayPal has a stick up their ass about adult transactions, so it's not even worth the risk.

Also, we're only getting your friend's side of the story here. You said that you went to the model's room and confronted her about the situation. That's nice that you're just looking out for your friend, but I imagine that if you confronted her in her PUBLIC CHAT (in front of everyone else) instead of via pm or MFC Mail, she'd get pissed and think of it as you guys ganging up on her. Not that I'm condoning what she did. If she really did scam him, that's fucked up.

Is it possible that after he paid her via PayPal, PayPal found out what it was for and suspended her? And THAT's why she blocked him (cuz she suspects he reported it to PayPal)? I need to go back and read this entire thread. I just posted a response without reading the entire thread...my bad.

I don't think I could word it any better than Fox. It would be naive to think that it would be a good idea to pay for a miscellaneous transaction on MFC, given that PayPal does not support adult related purchases/financial transfers. It not only poses a risk to the model - but a risk to yourself as well, as it would be a breach of contract to purchase adult goods with PayPal.

To reiterate from fox - there's an overwhelming number of alternatives to pay. I don't see why it was necessary to use PayPal given the known risk - was it out of choice, or was it out of financial/verbal coercion (i.e. simply pressuring you, or offering a substantially lower PayPal price?) He should have had the common sense to not use third-party payment systems for purchases like these, as you would have no legal or corporal backing to protect him from these situations.

I dislike these threads simply because it damages reputation without the model being equally able to defend herself from the allegations. For all we know, you could have fabricated the entire story - although, I'm not accusing you of doing so as these occurrences are relatively common and I have no reason to yet distrust you.

If he, or you, should learn anything from this - let it be this - don't use third party websites for purchases. There's very few, if any laws that would protect you. I don't think Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act would work either, simply because a consumer-supplier-creditor chain isn't established.

The_Brown_Fox said:
With all of the warnings that have been given about PayPal, there is absolutely no reason that cam girls should still be allowing guys on cam sites to pay them with it.
Couldn't agree more.

TheJus__ said:

I think I will go to her room and ask about this. I haven't been banned in a while.

Reactions: CassieRamone
Naughty by name, naughty by nature, innit. Personally, I wouldn't hand over money to someone who claims to be naughty in their screen name. It's only a few steps removed from leaving your DVD player with that guy who wears the black and white striped shirt and carries the big burlap sack with the word "SWAG" written on it :)

But nah, seriously, that sucks, man.

Evvie said:
that means the admin at MFC can do nothing for you if you're scammed.

How do you figure? Tipped tokens are considered gifts.

Has there ever been a case where a model promised something for a tip, and then didn't deliver, and MFC sanctioned the model / returned tokens or did a single damn thing about it?

Buyer beware people. Last time I was in a models room who I didn't know well and made it rain, it ended very poorly for me. I swallowed my pride and just walked away, that's life. Lesson learned.

As to paypal, I use it with my regular model more than once a week, neither of us have had a single problem. Then again, we both know how the paypal game is played. A little bit of discretion and common sense from both parties goes a long way.

I do fully agree about the third party site, I dont know why he was dumb enough to do it. But he did it. I reported her to paypal, with direct link to her profile. He did the same, so hopefully they take some action. I wouldn't ever paypal, unless it was to a model that I personally have been around their room for a long time. But that only is a few models. But either way yeah, I told him since it was like 2 months ago, his money is gone, but at least we could freeze her account to prevent this from happening before. Maybe I should have said something via MFC mail, but when Ive had an issue presented in public, I would be MFC mailed or PMed after. But either way just a forewarning to members. Paypal as we know is already skeptical, definitely don't trust her.

Yeah, you just froze her account, if it wasn't already frozen.

But still, I'd like to hear both sides to this story. We know his, but what is hers?

Reactions: 1 person
Agree with Foxy and Luna. There is a good chance she never got the funds due to the account getting frozen and assumed your friend pulled the classic paypal scam by reporting her and getting free vids. Seriously this happens so often to models who don't know better than to use it. If she insists on paypal I'm sure she has been scammed by members soooo many times that it wasn't worth even contacting your friend to inform him.
just sayin...
Paypal is dumb, don't be dumb. tooooookens bb.

There's plenty of reasons. Humility, stigma, etc. If someone were to accuse a model directly on here, they're almost guaranteeing backlash. It may be that they don't want to escalate it, or perhaps to retain the sense of quasi-anonymity. We could only speculate on the motives, but there are most definitely a wide range of reasons, Jupiter.

TheJus__ said:
So this is just to raise awareness that NaughtyMari18 scammed via paypal and bans anybody asking about it. So tread carefully when around her.
I have suspected this model of scamming before. However, I don't have proof so I still give her the benefit of a doubt.

Many months ago she held a contest for a date. The contest took place over the entire month and the person who tipped her the most cumulatively won. I was in her room for the first time the night the contest ended. At midnight when the contest ended she received a tip for 20,000 tokens. At almost exactly the same time there was a tip sound for a hidden tip. she did a little calculation and said the hidden tip was 21-22K and that the person with the hidden tip won. It was very suspicious how such a large tip came in hidden at the last minute to win the whole thing. I suspect it was her roommate... However, again I could be completely off base.

mross2_ said:
TheJus__ said:
So this is just to raise awareness that NaughtyMari18 scammed via paypal and bans anybody asking about it. So tread carefully when around her.
I have suspected this model of scamming before. However, I don't have proof so I still give her the benefit of a doubt.

Many months ago she held a contest for a date. The contest took place over the entire month and the person who tipped her the most cumulatively won. I was in her room for the first time the night the contest ended. At midnight when the contest ended she received a tip for 20,000 tokens. At almost exactly the same time there was a tip sound for a hidden tip. she did a little calculation and said the hidden tip was 21-22K and that the person with the hidden tip won. It was very suspicious how such a large tip came in hidden at the last minute to win the whole thing. I suspect it was her roommate... However, again I could be completely off base.

I can't speak toward this specific incident or specific model, but that certainly sounds like a scam to me. Why hide the tip if for a contest? That just screams scam.

I have seen so many of these shady dealings with contests and raffles like that, that I pretty much think all of them are scams.

Status
Not open for further replies.