AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models can download their Chaturbate videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2021
This is more an experience than a question. You guys helped me to help a model get her vids off Chaturbate. A model friend of mine needed some content to post on CB and MFC Share to boost her position on the main screen. She had about 400 privates on CB but no videos that she had created on her own. Parents at home etc., it's tough to make vids. Long story short, I found out where to get the videos from the advice you guys gave here. She's posting and selling videos and her token count has doubled from 40k per month in February to almost 100,000 tokens per month in March, April, and May. She's still way low on the opening screen and getting 10 - 25 viewers on a good day. Last week she had 3 days with 5000+ tokens. Prior to March, her goal was 1200 token per day. Posting videos for sale has gotten her much more attention.

I tell her that her privates all end abruptly because she keeps the guys in the Private Show till they run out of tokens. I'd say her average is 30 minutes and high up to 2 hours.

Back to my point, the good news, yes models can get their videos from CB. https://chaturbate.com/auth/login/?next=/security/privacy/data_export/
The bad news, they send ALL of them every time. My friend has 220 videos in a 400 gig file. The download on Xfinity is 4 days, the download on a fiber connection (wireless) is 6 - 8 hours. She hasn't tried doing wired on either, that would be slightly faster. To extract the zip file is another 3-5 hours. She thought it would be faster after the first time because she only needed the additional files. BUT NOOOO, every time they send the entire file including the old videos and any new videos since the last time. They allow 3 downloads every 30 days. Every time it's 400 gig and getting bigger. You'll need enough free space to hold the file AND that much again to extract the videos.

There's other good info on the CB privacy page, go visit and you'll see. The download is for models, not members. Be nice to the models, maybe she'll send you the copies of yours. Thanks for your help everyone.

As @Brit said, this is the best idea to do it.

Maybe though, you could put forward the suggestion to Chaturbate to NOT make you redownload ALL files and instead, it can track the files since your previous download. I think it should be simple enough since they have dates on them and of course so something could be programmed.

If she does record using OBS, make sure you have her set the output video format to MKV. The reason being, if something happens to OBS or her laptop/computer (they crash for whatever reason), the video won't be lost, it can be recovered and is watchable, unlike other formats they will simply be "corrupt" and not be possible to read. The MKV format will take more space than say, an MP4, but it's worth it. Imagine doing a 30+ minute show to have it abruptly end by a system crash and that video (which may be an amazing one) lost/corrupt.

If she does record using OBS, make sure you have her set the output video format to MKV. The reason being, if something happens to OBS or her laptop/computer (they crash for whatever reason), the video won't be lost, it can be recovered and is watchable, unlike other formats they will simply be "corrupt" and not be possible to read. The MKV format will take more space than say, an MP4, but it's worth it. Imagine doing a 30+ minute show to have it abruptly end by a system crash and that video (which may be an amazing one) lost/corrupt.
This is what I do for my MFC show recordings, but the files need to be reformatted to mp4 or another more commonly accepted format in order to upload them to a lot of content sale sites.

This is what I do for my MFC show recordings, but the files need to be reformatted to mp4 or another more commonly accepted format in order to upload them to a lot of content sale sites.
To piggyback on what Amber said: There's a tool in OBS to do this. Go to File > Remux Recordings and you can convert the format directly from there.

Maybe though, you could put forward the suggestion to Chaturbate to NOT make you redownload ALL files and instead, it can track the files since your previous download. I think it should be simple enough since they have dates on them and of course so something could be programmed.

Or better yet, maybe CB can let models set a date range before downloading. “All” could be the default setting, but then let models specify if they only want June 2021, or they want August 1-3, 2021, or just August 3, or just the year of 2020, etc.

No sense wasting the download/upload data for either side if the model only needs a small portion of the data and can specify that.

This is more an experience than a question. You guys helped me to help a model get her vids off Chaturbate. A model friend of mine needed some content to post on CB and MFC Share to boost her position on the main screen. She had about 400 privates on CB but no videos that she had created on her own. Parents at home etc., it's tough to make vids. Long story short, I found out where to get the videos from the advice you guys gave here. She's posting and selling videos and her token count has doubled from 40k per month in February to almost 100,000 tokens per month in March, April, and May. She's still way low on the opening screen and getting 10 - 25 viewers on a good day. Last week she had 3 days with 5000+ tokens. Prior to March, her goal was 1200 token per day. Posting videos for sale has gotten her much more attention.

I tell her that her privates all end abruptly because she keeps the guys in the Private Show till they run out of tokens. I'd say her average is 30 minutes and high up to 2 hours.

Back to my point, the good news, yes models can get their videos from CB. https://chaturbate.com/auth/login/?next=/security/privacy/data_export/
The bad news, they send ALL of them every time. My friend has 220 videos in a 400 gig file. The download on Xfinity is 4 days, the download on a fiber connection (wireless) is 6 - 8 hours. She hasn't tried doing wired on either, that would be slightly faster. To extract the zip file is another 3-5 hours. She thought it would be faster after the first time because she only needed the additional files. BUT NOOOO, every time they send the entire file including the old videos and any new videos since the last time. They allow 3 downloads every 30 days. Every time it's 400 gig and getting bigger. You'll need enough free space to hold the file AND that much again to extract the videos.

There's other good info on the CB privacy page, go visit and you'll see. The download is for models, not members. Be nice to the models, maybe she'll send you the copies of yours. Thanks for your help everyone.

Wow.. so much useful information.. Thankyou so much..

As @Brit said, this is the best idea to do it.

Thanks for adding this bit as well.

Hugs

She can also use OBS to record her shows and privates. This way she won't have to rely on CB and it's also much cleaner.
A funny thing happened. I asked her to show me her screen. She turned the camera around and I saw the OBS symbol in the corner with a red dot. It turns out the studio is recording everything and not telling the models (bastards)! I don't know what they are doing with the recordings. I'd really like for her to upload them to me, she has some great public footage that could be converted to videos for sale on her page. She's not technical at all so, now that we know where they are, I'll have her delete all of them when she leaves to go independent.

Thanks to everyone for all the good information. My friend will need it when she leaves the studio arrangement. She's up to 5,000 - 15,000 tokens per day now. She's been buying equipment and looking for a new apartment, so it's just a matter of time for her to go solo. Now I have to get your opinions on changing names.

A funny thing happened. I asked her to show me her screen. She turned the camera around and I saw the OBS symbol in the corner with a red dot. It turns out the studio is recording everything and not telling the models (bastards)! I don't know what they are doing with the recordings. I'd really like for her to upload them to me, she has some great public footage that could be converted to videos for sale on her page. She's not technical at all so, now that we know where they are, I'll have her delete all of them when she leaves to go independent.

Thanks to everyone for all the good information. My friend will need it when she leaves the studio arrangement. She's up to 5,000 - 15,000 tokens per day now. She's been buying equipment and looking for a new apartment, so it's just a matter of time for her to go solo. Now I have to get your opinions on changing names.

Hello's.

Just allow for some platform's "Look after agency's" .. by not allowing models to go creating another independent account.
For example with BongoCams, when you upload the ID you get banned auto when it detects the ID's been used for the agency account, as well..
And the ban remains for x months for a cooldown between the agency and the independant account being allowed to be opened.
These cooldown time periods depend on agreements between the platform and agency.
And its based on the last time the agency account was streamed onto.

And with chaturbate....... When something wrong happens on an account, the account isnt banned, the model's ID is banned on all accounts.
So.. easy for the agency to stream a random person, accidently onto the agency account.
Then the model whos ID is attached to that gets all of her accounts banned, including the independent one.
So make sure to get disassociated with the agency account's and ID removed from them.

PS i ran into a little trouble doing your OP guide. : )
As the procedure is..

1. Log into the agency account.
2. Click download all the video's.
3. It sends a email out to the agency's email saying that has been done / oops.

Hello's.

Just allow for some platform's "Look after agency's" .. by not allowing models to go creating another independent account.
For example with BongoCams, when you upload the ID you get banned auto when it detects the ID's been used for the agency account, as well..
And the ban remains for x months for a cooldown between the agency and the independant account being allowed to be opened.
These cooldown time periods depend on agreements between the platform and agency.
And its based on the last time the agency account was streamed onto.

And with chaturbate....... When something wrong happens on an account, the account isnt banned, the model's ID is banned on all accounts.
So.. easy for the agency to stream a random person, accidently onto the agency account.
Then the model whos ID is attached to that gets all of her accounts banned, including the independent one.
So make sure to get disassociated with the agency account's and ID removed from them.

PS i ran into a little trouble doing your OP guide. : )
As the procedure is..

1. Log into the agency account.
2. Click download all the video's.
3. It sends a email out to the agency's email saying that has been done / oops.
Good information, thank you. My friend was considering buying her account from the Studio. I think she should start fresh. I think disassociating from the Studio is the best way to go, they could screw her up after she leaves.

Make sure you are requesting "Broadcasted Private Shows". Requesting "photos and videos" is a different option that gives you the photos and videos on your page.

In my friend's case, I think they don't read the emails. I can see they have never accessed the privacy page. If they do get the email, they shouldn't have a complaint about the model downloading her private shows. It could be for research and ideas.

They should appreciate the model doing it. It's a pain in the ass!!! I'm running 800+ upload and download speed and I am looking at 9 hours remaining to download the file. It's going to be 3 more hours to extract the zip file.

Good information, thank you. My friend was considering buying her account from the Studio. I think she should start fresh. I think disassociating from the Studio is the best way to go, they could screw her up after she leaves.

Make sure you are requesting "Broadcasted Private Shows". Requesting "photos and videos" is a different option that gives you the photos and videos on your page.

In my friend's case, I think they don't read the emails. I can see they have never accessed the privacy page. If they do get the email, they shouldn't have a complaint about the model downloading her private shows. It could be for research and ideas.

They should appreciate the model doing it. It's a pain in the ass!!! I'm running 800+ upload and download speed and I am looking at 9 hours remaining to download the file. It's going to be 3 more hours to extract the zip file.

I just helped a model leave an agency, and setup all her independent stuff for her.. (Mainly because she doesn't speak English)
And translators are fine for translating text.. But don't work when lot of the information you need to read is in photo format.

+ She started from scratch, her old agency didn't really like her leaving... But her old Agency accounts weren't large either so ... that affects decisions.

Shes already on about 2x what she was earning at the agency. And noones taking ~40% any more.
And she doesnt have to bus 4 hours a day during covid, or transit at night.

And her independent stuff's only 1/2 setup atm. So room to get the 2x up to 10x, soon , imo.

Anyway if you have any Agency question , feel free to ask, if you want, i might or might not be able to help.

Reactions: haywired1950
My friend was considering buying her account from the Studio. I think she should start fresh. I think disassociating from the Studio is the best way to go, they could screw her up after she leaves.
Does she already have outside contact with her regulars? does she own her social media accounts? etc. These are things to really think about before deciding on starting fresh. Leaving a studio that never allowed social media/whatsapp at 5000-15000 tokens a day is a big risk. How much are they asking to release the account?

Does she already have outside contact with her regulars? does she own her social media accounts? etc. These are things to really think about before deciding on starting fresh. Leaving a studio that never allowed social media/whatsapp at 5000-15000 tokens a day is a big risk. How much are they asking for to release the account?

Yeah they are big figures to risk.

Does she already have outside contact with her regulars? does she own her social media accounts? etc. These are things to really think about before deciding on starting fresh. Leaving a studio that never allowed social media/whatsapp at 5000-15000 tokens a day is a big risk. How much are they asking to release the account?
I have the Excel spreadsheets of all of her tippers since she started. The private video download has a secondary benefit, they use file name formats that are user_name/date/time. It's a great resource. She has asked me a couple times, "What did Joexxx want the last time" or "who was the guy that wanted me to blah blah"? I can get her an answer in less than a minute. Yes, I am trying to get her to look it up herself. She has the same access to the folder that I have.

Her Social Media accounts are all her accounts that she created. She needs to add Twitter and OnlyFans after she leaves. She's not using Snap. Her Studio is pretty useless.

The account is buried deep in the catacombs, she is very hard to find. (that's the case for all the models at this studio). I don't know how to get her out of the dungeon. It's so screwed up, I think a fresh start with a new name would be beneficial. I think she should delete her existing account on her last day. I don't know how much they want to release the account. She hasn't told them she's leaving.

Yeah they are big figures to risk.
The numbers are up because of her efforts, not the Studio. The Studio is literally a computer and a place to broadcast. They don't do anything to promote the models and they don't give good advice. The rates are set too low. The rooms are not interesting. Now, they are adding too many new models. The Studio bandwidth can't handle the volume. The resolution is getting bad and she is having a lot of lag in her broadcast.

Why is Chaturbate recording private shows? I did not know this was happening, and why would they record the public stream? thanks

Why is Chaturbate recording private shows? I did not know this was happening, and why would they record the public stream? thanks

They would need to record anything so they can investigate any potential problems. As annoying as it probably sounds, it's a good thing too for anything that could go wrong or you being accused by members, then they can look at the stream and investigate and you can be proven right and not be banned etc. So I think overall there is more pros for it than cons, especially since (I hope anyway) they would only be watching the archived recordings if/when they need to for violations and complaints etc.

It's more to be able to cover their own back, but it can also be beneficial to you. Imagine something happens and you get a complaint against you. You have no way to prove it didn't happen, and that complaint from some random trolling member could potentially get you banned for ever. Try to see the good of it rather than being negative.

Think of it like how when you call places it will automatically record your audio conversation for training purposes and for other possible reasons, It should only be accessed when/if needed.

It's safe to assume that CB is always watching 👀

Models have the option to turn off recording for private shows, but I think this only affects a member's ability to save a recording after a private.

It makes sense from a legal ass covering perspective so people can't get away with doing things in private that would otherwise break TOS. I'm always super careful about what I allow in private for this reason.

Thanks for the replies, I thought maybe they just did random checks on the streams because that is an awful lot of hardware needed to store everything. I always thought CB took to much cut of the tokens but now I see why they need it.

I thought maybe they just did random checks on the streams because that is an awful lot of hardware needed to store everything.

It really is a crazy amount of data when you stop and think about it. Every broadcast, every model, every day… a majority of it in HD. Thousands of streams running at any given hour of the day. To save all of that must require a ton of disk space. Not to mention keeping it all organized in case they need to investigate a fleeting moment in a random broadcast in order to un-ban someone.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
I always thought CB took to much cut of the tokens but now I see why they need it.

There is lot more than just storage. Servers to host it, front end, back end, database, CDN, DNS, Certificates, logging. Ingest and broadcast servers. Staffing for legal and compliance, accounting, development, 24/7 ops, support, extra. Credit card processing, compliance, direct deposit. Not to mention all the ancillaries that go into supporting a company.

Reactions: NotYou
It's safe to assume that CB is always watching 👀

Models have the option to turn off recording for private shows, but I think this only affects a member's ability to save a recording after a private.

It makes sense from a legal ass covering perspective so people can't get away with doing things in private that would otherwise break TOS. I'm always super careful about what I allow in private for this reason.
Yep, CB is always watching, and so is someone else. Privates are recorded and "Live Streams" as well. Countless CB models are being recorded 24/7 and being posted continually.
I don't know if posting the site is allowed, so I won't. Maybe a moderator could let me know if it's OK.

Yep, CB is always watching, and so is someone else. Privates are recorded and "Live Streams" as well. Countless CB models are being recorded 24/7 and being posted continually.
I don't know if posting the site is allowed, so I won't. Maybe a moderator could let me know if it's OK.

If you're referring to posting the pirate sites, no, you can't post that here. That would be disrespectful to us cam models. We want to encourage people on here to TIP/PAY cam models. Not tell everyone on here (including the 158 guests lurking this forum right now) where to go to find models' capped vids (free fap material).

Also surprised to notice in my recent checking out of SC (as a potential alternative to CB) that they have an option to record public shows for a variable token rate per minute....... camera icon and 'start recording' or similar at the top of the video screen.

If you're referring to posting the pirate sites, no, you can't post that here. That would be disrespectful to us cam models. We want to encourage people on here to TIP/PAY cam models. Not tell everyone on here (including the 158 guests lurking this forum right now) where to go to find models' capped vids (free fap material).
I only mentioned it because I don't like it either. The Pirate Site I'm referring to has to be run by someone/somebody with the same kind of equipment that the Camsite has in order to record damn near every model 24/7, it's all a little bit peculiar.
And it's not Free.

I only mentioned it because I don't like it either. The Pirate Site I'm referring to has to be run by someone/somebody with the same kind of equipment that the Camsite has in order to record damn near every model 24/7, it's all a little bit peculiar.
And it's not Free.

Okay, but out of respect for us models, please don't post it here, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.