AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Movies We've Enjoyed

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceline

Cam Model
Aug 11, 2017
A thread to recommend movies or to discuss good films! It can be something you've seen recently or something you haven't seen in awhile but has stuck with you. To be nice, if discussing a film let's make sure to put any potential spoilers in a spoiler tag or appropriately mark it!

I'll start. I just finished watching The Wailing. It had me pretty much glued to the screen for the entire two and a half hours. I'm a huge horror buff and probably a bit desensitized to the genre by now, but there was definitely some parts that had me unsettled. It will definitely leave you thinking about it afterwards.

One I watched awhile back that has stuck with me is Midsommar. I know it got mixed reviews, but I personally enjoyed it and think it's one of the best recent arthouse films I've seen. The cinematography is amazing and possibly my favorite aspect of it.

I could definitely recommend more, but let's start with these!

Just Mercy (Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx) was excellent!

I've never really been much of an independent or international movie person, as it's more than enough for me to try and stay on top of some of the big production movies. So, a lot of what I've seen and enjoyed are ones most probably have seen. I'm not against indies or int'l movies. Just don't pay as much attention to them, so could always use recommendations.

Couple of ones I've enjoyed from the past couple of years:

The Happytime Murders: Jim Henson studios as you've never seen them before. A lot of laughs, and a few places where it felt a little too long. But, overall I enjoyed it. Somewhat similar to Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Five Feet Apart: Kind of crazy how this movie came out last year(2019), and has a space requirement as well between the two main characters. Looking back on it, kind of interesting how it relates to things now when you want/need to touch someone but can't. Kind of a sappy movie.

I did the the French version of "The Upside" called "The Intouchables" about a year before the version with Kevin Hart came out. To me, it was well done and not as over the top as Kevin Hart seems to make a lot of movies. Even with subtitles, I really enjoyed the movie and would recommend seeing it over the US version.

The Little Death (known as A Funny Kind of Love in the UK), it a really funny movie (imo). It has some kinda relevant fetish stuff in it too. I've been wanting to recommend it, on this forum, for a while actually. I think a lot of people here, would get a kick out of it. There is also some fetish info in it, but I primarily watched for the laughs :) A bit of a dark, raunchy humor. But not overly dark, for those that like to keep it light.

Now that they're making it available to rent for free this month (across digital platforms in the U.S.), Just Mercy is a movie to see.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Hey, I LOVED Midsommar too, the cinematography was stunning!
Movies that stuck with me: anything Ingmar Bergman/Tarkovsky did. Old but still relevant. I watched a film called Fallen Angels a while back that instantly became one of my favs aswell. Wong Kar-Wai is amazing!
Looking forward to watching everything you guys recommend in here haha :h:

I watched The Last House on the Left (2009 version) on Peacock, and OMG, did I love that movie! It sort of reminded me of I Spit On Your Grave (another movie I loved). I was shocked to learn that, after I'd posted about it on Facebook, my GRANDMOM watched it with my cousin and with my son. Lol. Very surprising since my grandmom usually DOES NOT watch any thriller/horror films.

I was trying to think of stuff to say that was entertaining and useful for my free onlyfans last night, and I decided to list 5 really good SciFi thriller movies. Well really good in my personal opinion anyway. Wanted to share them here too. Although be warned, I like kind of edgy dark movies and a lot of stuff kind of on the edge of horror. A lot of these were a bit scary for my boyfriend as well as for my best friend/ roommate (both of whom are men in their 30s, so be warned).

1) The Giver
2) ARQ (time loop movie, a lot of people find time loop movies a bit much).
3) Ex Machina
4) Tau
5) Children of Men.

Last edited:
I was trying to think of stuff to say that was entertaining and useful for my free onlyfans last night, and I decided to list 5 really good SciFi thriller movies. Well really good in my personal opinion anyway. Wanted to share them here too. Although be warned, I like kind of edgy dark movies and a lot of stuff kind of on the edge of horror. A lot of these were a bit scary for my boyfriend as well as for my best friend/ roommate (both of whom are men in their 30s, so be warned).

1) The Giver
2) ARQ (time loop movie, a lot of people find time loop movies a bit much).
3) Ex Machina
4) Tau
5) Children of Men.

I recently watched Splice on a whim and I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did since sci-fi movies aren’t usually my thing. Probably because it was definitely more of a sci-fi horror film and I love me some horror movies. Totally recommend it for anyone who likes sci-fi!

Also, I’m definitely going to check out these films since I’m looking for scary stuff to put in my queue for October!

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I watched Ex Machina a while back. But, sadly, don't remember much about it.

Same with Splice. Reminds me of the Fly. But, on a little more sinister level.

Started watching season 2 of "The Boys". Interesting show...

Enter the Void/ Gasper Noe. First POV footage I ever watched. Fell in love w POV.

I would avoid his other more hardcore movies though. That one's fairly tame.

Reactions: DoD404
Enter the Void/ Gasper Noe. First POV footage I ever watched. Fell in love w POV.

I would avoid his other more hardcore movies though. That one's fairly tame.

Oh god, I tried to watch Irreversible and it made me literally sick. Not from the subject matter, but the damn camera movements. I didn’t even make it to that one infamous scene that the film is pretty well known for, because within ten minutes of the film I got bad dizzy.

Oh god, I tried to watch Irreversible and it made me literally sick. Not from the subject matter, but the damn camera movements. I didn’t even make it to that one infamous scene that the film is pretty well known for, because within ten minutes of the film I got bad dizzy.
I loved that one, but yeah, not really a movie that I would recommend to anyone else. It's probably a good thing that you never made it through.
I can't wait to watch Splice this weekend. I read a review of it and sounds like it's gonna be funny and scary at once. So excited!

ETA; No one watch Irreversible it's beyond violent and messed up. It made me cry, and it will likely make most people need therapy afterward. Not even kidding.

Last edited:

I haven't seen that movie. But, there's a couple of other movies I've seen where the camera is really unsteady, or they mimic running, etc and it bothers me. I don't get motion sickness, nor am I claustrophobic. But, something about camera movement gets me. Maybe it's a bit of OCD where I expect the camera to be still?

Reactions: DoD404
But, something about camera movement gets me. Maybe it's a bit of OCD where I expect the camera to be still?
I'm like you too. It's only because I can't stand not having control on what I'm watching :)

Status
Not open for further replies.