AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Music in group shows?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyMarie

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 28, 2011
This is something I've been struggling with recently. I never know what kind of music to play in group shows, or if I should play any at all. There are often moments when I think 'I really love this song and it fits the mood IMO, but it might make others want to leave'.
Sometimes I think about not playing any music to avoid this, but that would make me feel really uncomfortable during the group. I think it would be awkward for the members as well.

If you enter a group show and like what you see, but you really don't like the music the girl is playing, will you be turned off and leave the room? Is playing no music at all acceptable in a group?

I have never played music during group or private, unless I was dancing to it. Personally, if a model was playing a song she enjoyed, and I didn't like it, I'd probably just mute and keep watching if it were a group show. In a private show, I might ask her if she can change the song.

Why I don't play music? The very first show I ever got on MFC was a private, with a striptease, and the song playing was excellent for it. The second show I got was a group, and the song that was playing was good, but then it ended, and changed to Weird Al's Hardware Store. Everyone cracked up laughing, and I learned not to let the music play while in shows. Thus, if I play music, I pull up youtube and run a song there, or play it on a different player than my music (which, right now, main music is my ipod, so secondary is itunes. When I didn't have an ipod, main was itunes, windows media player was secondary.)

I am curious what the guys here think about it.

Reactions: TashaDutch
When I was new to MFC, I thought it'd be better to have no music, then I could just play my own. But Amber mentioned, if I recall, that it's really hard to do some things, like dancing, without music. Makes sense.

I think the only thing I really don't like is when the music is really loud and distorted and you can't hear anything the model is saying. As far as tastes, yeah, a bit of a problem but I don't think there's a good answer to it...but even music that's played softly, even if you don't like it is better than silence. :)

From just one members perspective, if you are doing naughty things in a group show, I don't think I'd notice what music you were playing unless it was something I really hated. So if you're playing music I suppose you'd always be taking that risk.
However, keep in mind you might have your favorite music to get yourself into the mood and that makes for a better show and should make up for any lost viewers put off by the music.

If you're uncomfortable without music, I think you should go ahead and play it -- just make sure it isn't louder than you are. One of my favorite models always plays a type of music that I don't like at all, but she doesn't play it very loudly. I like her more than I dislike her music in the background, so I still come around regularly.

LadyLuna said:
I have never played music during group or private, unless I was dancing to it. Personally, if a model was playing a song she enjoyed, and I didn't like it, I'd probably just mute and keep watching if it were a group show. In a private show, I might ask her if she can change the song.

Why I don't play music? The very first show I ever got on MFC was a private, with a striptease, and the song playing was excellent for it. The second show I got was a group, and the song that was playing was good, but then it ended, and changed to Weird Al's Hardware Store. Everyone cracked up laughing, and I learned not to let the music play while in shows. Thus, if I play music, I pull up youtube and run a song there, or play it on a different player than my music (which, right now, main music is my ipod, so secondary is itunes. When I didn't have an ipod, main was itunes, windows media player was secondary.)

I am curious what the guys here think about it.

I love masturbating to Weird Al!

Most awkward song I ever did a show to: Drunk Daddy - Cherry Poppin Daddies. By the time I realized what song it was it was too late because it was a very sensual tease show. :oops:

Nordling said:
I think the only thing I really don't like is when the music is really loud and distorted and you can't hear anything the model is saying. As far as tastes, yeah, a bit of a problem but I don't think there's a good answer to it...but even music that's played softly, even if you don't like it is better than silence. :)
Totally agree with this.

I usually play my music very low during groups and privates. I always figured you'd rather hear the wet pussy noises and moans than a song. But it's always exactly what I was playing before, just turned down half way.. sometimes all the way by accident if I'm turning the music off with my toe.

heck even in public the music should be kept low. any bass at all distorts through a microphone anyway. turn it up if yer gunna do some dancing, then turn it back down. but! a good playlist is uber aweseome. make one for the slow sensual stuff, another for the bump and grind, then maybe another for just general play where mood isnt important, but you want some tunes going

Reactions: LadyLuna
Anytime I'm camming on a 'free chat' kind of site such as MyFreeCams or Streamate, I have music on when I'm in public chat. I would not be able to handle long periods of public chat WITHOUT having music on. I don't know how in the world KerriKing on MFC manages to do it (cam without music playing). Between not having any music on and awkward silences in my room, I'd go crazy!

If I do a private show on one of these sites, and the person specifically asks for no music (which is very rare, thank God), I'll turn off the music. However, if I'm not home alone and can hear a bunch of noise in my hallway (shouting...door slamming...loud conversation), I'm not so sure I'd be able to accomodate that "No music" request.

I can't masturbate in front of a web cam with no music on. It's awkward enough doing it in a room with about 20 bright as fuck lights on, to do it without music as a sort of mental stimulant/distraction would just be insane to me. I like it up loud enough that I can get sucked into it and "lose myself" a bit. When people come in my group show and demand I turn it off, I'm more inclined to mute THEM than my own music. Sure, their entertainment is important (to an extent) but my comfort level is more important to me.

If it is so incredibly loud that you can't hear me talking, then feel free to let me know, and I'll adjust it accordingly.

LacieLaPlante said:
I usually play my music very low during groups and privates. I always figured you'd rather hear the wet pussy noises and moans than a song. But it's always exactly what I was playing before, just turned down half way.. sometimes all the way by accident if I'm turning the music off with my toe.

This. I have a great imagination and use it when I'm in a private with a model, but it requires that I can actually hear the sounds the model makes. I used to always request for the music to be completely off, but I find the music just being turned down low works now.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.