AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MY Chaturbate account KEEPS getting hacked and no one will help me!?!?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2019
I'm really frustrated... Last week I accidentally was tricked into responding to a phishing email from a scammer who said my Chaturbate account had been hit with 3 strikes and I was to be banned unless i respond with my info, Then once i realized I had sent a photo of myself holding my ID to the scammer i emailed the real support email address and explained the situation. They were fast to respond had me re-verify my account, also they were able to stop the payment transfer this hacker requested. Then a couple days latter I was randomly locked out of my account to I emailed support again ad they said I had been hacked a second time. I went on to explain that I hadnt clicked on anything else or replied to anymore scammy emails, only emailing support@chaturbate directly, and they responded withsomething along the lines of "well you gave out a picture of you holding your ID and thats how the hacker got in. but I explained that I HAVENT GIVEN OUT MY INFO AGAIN, that the hacker must have photosopped the picture i sent him the first time and requested a password reset and easily logged in again. but guess what, no response from CB.. so i waited and waited and a wek latter i started camming again because this is my main source of incom and i really need to work, and guess what happened today? I finished my show with 250$ in tokens, but before i could even end my stream i saw all my tokens being transfered out of my account and then it got locked an di cant get in!!!!!!!!! Ive sent over 15 emails to support, Ive even tried using another email address to get ahold of them. The thing is that this hacker had no way of getting in my account without having chaturbate reset my password for them using my ID, how did that happen?? why wont anyone help me!?!?! I keep saying I need my main ID changed from my drivers license to my passport, that would SOLVE this. but there is no sense of urgency here and no phone number to call... what am i suppose to do??

@nickowensxoxo it'll help Shirley if you shared your username on chaturbate.

Sorry you aredealing with this.

I'm really frustrated... Last week I accidentally was tricked into responding to a phishing email from a scammer who said my Chaturbate account had been hit with 3 strikes and I was to be banned unless i respond with my info, Then once i realized I had sent a photo of myself holding my ID to the scammer i emailed the real support email address and explained the situation. They were fast to respond had me re-verify my account, also they were able to stop the payment transfer this hacker requested. Then a couple days latter I was randomly locked out of my account to I emailed support again ad they said I had been hacked a second time. I went on to explain that I hadnt clicked on anything else or replied to anymore scammy emails, only emailing support@chaturbate directly, and they responded withsomething along the lines of "well you gave out a picture of you holding your ID and thats how the hacker got in. but I explained that I HAVENT GIVEN OUT MY INFO AGAIN, that the hacker must have photosopped the picture i sent him the first time and requested a password reset and easily logged in again. but guess what, no response from CB.. so i waited and waited and a wek latter i started camming again because this is my main source of incom and i really need to work, and guess what happened today? I finished my show with 250$ in tokens, but before i could even end my stream i saw all my tokens being transfered out of my account and then it got locked an di cant get in!!!!!!!!! Ive sent over 15 emails to support, Ive even tried using another email address to get ahold of them. The thing is that this hacker had no way of getting in my account without having chaturbate reset my password for them using my ID, how did that happen?? why wont anyone help me!?!?! I keep saying I need my main ID changed from my drivers license to my passport, that would SOLVE this. but there is no sense of urgency here and no phone number to call... what am i suppose to do??

I don't exactly have an answer, but worst case scenario you may have to close the account. I know this sucks because you lose your followers, but identity theft is a serious situation. Not to scare you, but I would be concerned about this guy trying to use your personal info in other ways (e.g. blackmail). I would make sure any social media accounts with your real name are put on private for the time being if they aren't already.

This is a really horrible situation - I'm really sorry this happened to you. The "best" phishing scams operate on a sense of urgency - they do things to make you freak out so you're not thinking clearly and will act impulsively. That's why a lot of the ones that involve closed accounts, fraud alerts, your money/livelihood etc tend to work more often than the typical "We updated our site and need you to login again from this (fake link) portal"

This post caught my eye however because I'm amazed at how awful support is on all the adult industry websites lately. CB used to be good, but I've heard lots of complaints lately. ManyVids made me submit the same verification photos and IDs to 4 different support reps (all on the same support email address) and it took me two and a half weeks just to get verified. KinkBomb took three weeks to get back to me about setting up payout information, then another week to ask me for my paypal address, then I discovered their FTP server is broken and the internal uploader doesn't exist anymore. IWC never responded to three support emails I sent. I had to PM Mika on here to get through to them. NiteFlirt literally has no support. Sometimes I wonder if NiteFlirt is no longer run by humans and the interface went rogue-AI and took over and the entire site is run by itself (lmao jk). I mean, fuck. How hard is it?

Hopefully @punker barbie can help you out. Good luck!

Reactions: Mila_ and AudriTwo
THis is seriously becoming concerning.. I have been waiting for an email and finally got one this morning asking me to reverrify my account (the same way that the hacker could, using my id ...) but i did and I waited all day and no response!!!! so i emailed support from another email and i got someone right away.... now waiting again.. i really hope someone can ACTUALLY help me. this is my full time job, i really dont want to loose this, especially for something so stupid.. does anyone know a good website I can transition to for camming? I'm a guy, I currently make $200-300 a day on CB, does anything else compare? What should I do, I'm just so stressed out..

THis is seriously becoming concerning.. I have been waiting for an email and finally got one this morning asking me to reverrify my account (the same way that the hacker could, using my id ...) but i did and I waited all day and no response!!!! so i emailed support from another email and i got someone right away.... now waiting again.. i really hope someone can ACTUALLY help me. this is my full time job, i really dont want to loose this, especially for something so stupid.. does anyone know a good website I can transition to for camming? I'm a guy, I currently make $200-300 a day on CB, does anything else compare? What should I do, I'm just so stressed out..

You could always start a new account using your passport and new email. It does happen. And you get the 'new' status again, which is kind of a screw you to CB for leaving you high and dry on this issue. But yes, there are other camsites and the ladies here are super knowledgeable about them so I wouldn't be afraid to pop on over to the other threads and ask them for some guidance on that. I can tell you that as a male, you can do really well on clipsites (and you should do them in addition to camming anyway - you'll get cross traffic and triple your income). Clips4sale is a good start, and NiteFlirt is never bad to have in your arsenal.

It will all work out, dude. You can only do what you can do - sounds like the only other things you can do are to try making a new account or try out some other sites, which you'll end up doing anyway to expand. Good luck.

Thank you Tex :h: Good idea with just starting over, i guess i could try that, will let you guys know how this turns out. thanks

Kinda surprised no one seems to have mentioned this yet....but set up 2 factor authentication, then you will need a code that is generated on a separate device (usually your phone) and your password to be able to log in. I have left a link below on how to set up 2 factor authentication on chatuebate.

https://support.chaturbate.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2760387-what-is-2-step-verification-

Not only did you click on a phishing link but you sent A PICTURE OF YOURSELF HOLDING YOUR ID to a scammer without even bothering checking the email address you were sending this to. Chaturbate support helped you and they replied fast but now you complain that they can't seem to keep the info straight on your account. It's normal! the scammer is probably trying to pass himself as you to support and support is a whole team of people managing thousands of accounts. You aren't even a prominent model considering you have a 10k following only.

My advice? Read up on popular phishing scams and set up the two step verification process on Chaturbate, they only bother you EVERY DAY about this until you set it up. Sorry to say this but this is your dumb tax you are paying for being careless on the internet. Now go create a brand new account and pray that the scammer doesn't find it and starts sending your ID passing himself off as you to support again.

Sounds like you should just make a new account under a different name. I'm so sorry you've had this experience and they haven't been helpful. You may also want to try another sight like Im.live cams.com streamate or something similar. Always use two factor authentication and never send a photo of yourself with your ID without triple checking who it's going to and why. Good luck

Reactions: Mila_
Status
Not open for further replies.