AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My experience camming only part time (not for main source of income)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlyssaMichelle

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 14, 2017
United States
Twitter Username
@mixedbabyyy97
Streamate Username
mixedbabyyy
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000883183/Princess-Lissa/
After 5 months of trial and error I finally found my “niche”!

So I’ve been camming for about 5 months now. For me, it is more of a “part time job” for me to earn extra money in case something comes up, need extra money for bills, or I feel like spoiling myself. I have a full time (40 hours a week) job. I come home and get on to cam for about 3 hours Monday - Friday, sometimes on a weekend.

At first I went to Chaturbate to try it out. My first day was great and I had thousands of viewers! After the new model status ended I couldn’t get more than 50 people in my room. I still kept a consistent schedule and kept on streaming. Found that the site is mostly a bunch of freeloaders unless you are able to be on “full time” 7+ hours a day. Found it extremely hard to grow as the popular established models get most of the traffic. There are days (most) where I would sit there for 2 hours and no one would tip me or initiate. People would just be making pointless conversation trying to “flirt.”

Okay. Time to try something new. So, I started on Streamate this Tuesday. Camming for 3 hours every day. I’ve already made 300$. This might not seem like much for some but for me earning this in 10 collective hours is amazing. I was so worried that I just had a good day and then the next it would be dead. But my income spiked and remained steady. I seriously think that if needed I could go full time on there. I LOVE that it’s a private based website because it cuts out so much of the bullshit that other free cam sites have. There is a lot of earning potential for someone like me who just does camming as a hobby for side money. I also like that Streamate eliminates the need for customers to reach out to me and try to start an intimate relationship outside of work since you aren’t allowed to promote any social media. Makes it easier on me.

So yeah. I know this was a weird post but I think it’s nice just to see some positive stuff going on rather than questions and negative feedback! I think that Streamate is an awesome option for someone who doesn’t want to / can’t devote so much time into camming since main income is from lots of privates and not long stream sessions.

Thanks for reading! :h::rock:

I'm so happy for you! I have a full time job that isn't camming as well. I haven't broadcasted yet, but I want to do it this upcoming Monday. I'm starting with MFC, because I'm a non nude model, but it seems like so many people prefer SM. Do you know if there is a non-nude section?

I'm so happy for you! I have a full time job that isn't camming as well. I haven't broadcasted yet, but I want to do it this upcoming Monday. I'm starting with MFC, because I'm a non nude model, but it seems like so many people prefer SM. Do you know if there is a non-nude section?

yes there is non-nude. most of the non-nude models on sm are dommes, so you might want to start dipping your toe into the fetish world on SM.

I took been on as a camgirl for 4 weeks and I love the earning, I quit my full time job as striptese dancer and I try out as a camgirl, with being on cam I have more time with my family and being at home

Even though I don't earn as much as my old job but I have most of my time with my loving family who supported me

Now that I am 4 month pregnant I too have found my niche surprisingly many members likes to see a preggy.

I took been on as a camgirl for 4 weeks and I love the earning, I quit my full time job as striptese dancer and I try out as a camgirl, with being on cam I have more time with my family and being at home

Even though I don't earn as much as my old job but I have most of my time with my loving family who supported me

Now that I am 4 month pregnant I too have found my niche surprisingly many members likes to see a preggy.
Yes I absolutely love how there’s a fetish for everything!! :inlove::party: Good luck!

I am also a part time cam model. I don't have the time or the privacy to do full time at the moment. I am a sahm with a crazy school schedule as well as constant doctors appointments for the whole family. I find that a traditional job will not be flexible with my schedule at the moment. I love the freedom the camming brings me and the fact that I can do it part time is even better. I also average about $300 a week with my min hours. I also dream of someday doing more hours just to see how the income changes. I support you fellow part timer :h: :h: :h:

I am also a part time cam model. I don't have the time or the privacy to do full time at the moment. I am a sahm with a crazy school schedule as well as constant doctors appointments for the whole family. I find that a traditional job will not be flexible with my schedule at the moment. I love the freedom the camming brings me and the fact that I can do it part time is even better. I also average about $300 a week with my min hours. I also dream of someday doing more hours just to see how the income changes. I support you fellow part timer :h: :h: :h:
At first I was skeptical because nothing seemed to be working out for me. I think the traditional method of really long cam sessions just doesn’t work with us part timers so Streamate seems to be the best option. But I also hope to increase my hours at some point...! Good luck to you :joyful:

At first I was skeptical because nothing seemed to be working out for me. I think the traditional method of really long cam sessions just doesn’t work with us part timers so Streamate seems to be the best option. But I also hope to increase my hours at some point...! Good luck to you :joyful:

I don't think that long cam session are beneficial for us part timers because we have limited time. It also tends to affect my mental stress if I put off every thing else in my life too often for long camming sessions. I have to make a work life balance. I even set up two days out of the week to have off days even if I don't make my goals so that the rest of my life doesn't suffer. I think that as a part timer I can focus less on money and hours and just enjoy my limited time on. I feel blessed that I don't have to worry about camming all day long unless I want to. I come in for my little bit happy refreshed and I leave well before I am burnt out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.