AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My Model Name is Too Unique - God Forbid LOL

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, my model name that I chose is too unique. I am not saying this to be egotistical, it really is too unique. The problems I am having are that I am a new model here as of 3 months now. People cannot find me when they punch it up under the search. I have a premium account and I know this is true as I can't even find my own goddamn self haha. MFC apparently cannot process or recognize alphanumerical screen names. The reason I made it this way is because when I was getting ready to select one, in Wiki notes it stated that no model name should or can contain the word "naked or nude" so I threw in the "8" so it would still sound as closest to an A sound as possible.

Now I have been contemplating changing my model name but have some questions or concerns regarding the choice of doing this.

1. Will I have to redo my entire profile over again?
2. Will the members that have me saved as their favorite model still be able to find me?
3. Does the camscore reset itself if I change it?
4. Some models here are helping to promote me on their profile pages, if I change it will the link that they have on their page still direct members to my new one or does it change on the models page automatically or do I need to have them add me under the new one as well so once I have established more traffic, I can go back in the 90 days period and switch it back?
5. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I really do not want to change it because a lot of people say that they like it as it is unique but it is hurting the amount of people that could be finding me and ending up in my room despite the wacky hours that I work which is usually several times during the week and weekend starting at around 9 PM until 5 AM or later.

Suggestions or possible names I could change it to would be appreciated - I have a few in mind but want to kind of keep in the line of the fact that I am a Gamer,Guitarist & Naked LOL!!

*quick edit* I just joined this site here for the forums less than 20 hours ago. If I change it, can I still stay here under the name I have chosen or do I have to start all over again with the verification for model status because everybody knows me as N8KEDGTRHERO and as pathetic as this may sound, I am attached to the screen name :lol:

I just recently changed my name because I needed people to be able to put a name to my face.
If people have you added as a friend etc, it will automatically change on their list so you won't completely poof if you change your name. Everything stays the same (profile & camscore)
You'll probably need to change links however since it wouldn't redirect to your new page.

*quick edit* I just joined this site here for the forums less than 20 hours ago. If I change it, can I still stay here under the name I have chosen or do I have to start all over again with the verification for model status because everybody knows me as N8KEDGTRHERO and as pathetic as this may sound, I am attached to the screen name :lol:

If you do change your name, make sure you don't change your image as well!
I changed my avatar, and then changed my name from ugly_uk_tease to britishtease and then changed my hair colour from pink to black, and changed my avatar again. So the people who didn't add me to their friends list totally lost me! I didn't really think it through at the time, haha.

Maybe tell people a week or so before you change your name, that your going to change it, so they know to add you to their friends list so they don't lose you?
I wish I'd done something like that!

N8KEDGTRHERO said:

You can PM Amber when you change your MFC name if you want your name here to be the same. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Mikeythegeek said:
N8KEDGTRHERO said:

PM Amber when you change your MFC name. She'll change it to the same on here.

:O was definitely planning to ask if she could do that for me also. sweeet.

1. Will I have to redo my entire profile over again?
Nah it doesn't get deleted.

3. Does the camscore reset itself if I change it?
Nope

4. Some models "add me to their friends list...can I go" back in the 90 days period and switch it back?
It'll change on their profile, so you have nothing to worry about. Also yes you can change it back after the 90 days, but why would you want to? You'll be known by your new name by then.

5. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
A lot of models change their name.

Also a note on the number in your name; I'd highly advice against that for any model. It's very noob-like. Same with hings like "AlexSquirtzzz, ALEX4U, Alex18, HRNY____ALEX, XxXALEXLADYXxX" or something else noob-worthy.

If you search for it you'll find a thread about people giving advice to a girl about he name change as far as things like these examples go, they'll also explain it better than me. :p

If anything, I think maybe the fact that your name is in all caps is a *little* deterring... it's actually why I assumed you were a member instead of a model (haha I don't know, that's just what I thought!) I think that N8kedGtrHero might look nicer.

You can change your name in your account settings, and nothing on your account will change except for the link to you your profile. The people who have friended you will still see you on their friend list. They may be a bit confused for a while, but I am sure you can work through that.

If any models change their MFC name (members too, even) just PM me here and I will update your username. You don't have to re-verify if you're a model.

Thank you very much to everyone who responded to this, I sincerely appreciate it. As far as the caps, there are a variety of reasons why I have to use them, it is not meant to offend anyone and I am well aware of the whole "Netiquette" thing and although I dont have to explain myself as to why I do it I am going to anyhow ha. I have to use them for the types of jobs that I do (real time transcribing, several friends/family members of mine are going or are near blind and need the fonts to be bigger to facilitate the reading and also far less impact and pain for the carpal tunnel not having to hit shift and other command keys allows me to type effortlessly with minimal pain. So just to let everybody know I am not yelling and it is really hard for me to type this way but I will just so as to not offend many. Again thank you so much for such a great informative and entertaining site.....Love it :D

Please lock thread as it has served its purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.